Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    So.... Let me just go ahead and plays Devils Advocate for a Minute.

First Let me say I dont hate Jimmy Greham. In fact in terms of adding some competent depth.... I was on board with the idea of bringing him in to at least deepen our room. because lets be honest it was that bad last year. This guy still out Received our entire TE room last year.

The problem is solely the $.... 8 mil per.... top 7 type money. Its bad. Maybe Pace structures it with a bunch of incentives to make it worth less or more depending on performance. Maybe its like Danny and it runs into latter seasons. But... it is basically a 1 year guaranteed deal. But he is getting far too much $.

I will say that the AGE issue.... over reaction. Jason Witten is 37 and still rolling. Tony Gonzalez was productive till 37. Gates 36.... Sharp 35...

It still adds at Minimum Depth to a TE room that was so bad last year we argued if we should even play WRs at TE because they sucked that much. Jimmy Does at least help to provide some stability and a competent guy at TE. He also has not missed a game since 2015.

And AS far as Upside. Its not there. But lets be honest Outside of Ebron (we will see how much he ends up with) or Hooper (was out of our range) there were not many guys who were considered long term. And its even arguable Ebron would have been coming off ankle surgery.

I mean for anyone complaining answer me this. Who was a better option. Olsen (hurt more than Jimmy)????? Reed (Concussion NIghtmare)??? Walker (Injury issues and OLD as Father time) ???? Eifert (Injury nightmare) ???? Witten (Reliable but OLD) ???? IDK

I mean.... Outside of the two listed Above in Hooper and Ebron..... The other options were pretty awful. Not saying that Greham wasnt also pretty awful. But of the Bunch... I think it could be argued he is a step above the rest of the guys simply because he has been Healthy.

And.... I think Most importantly.... More than anything else. Adding a Pro Bowl level TE is going to be good for the young guys. Shaheen.... Maybe a draft pick.... They can probably learn alot from Jimmy. Which I think maybe some are discounting. Because It sure doesnt seem like Burton is teaching shaheen a damn thing.

And..... I also know That Alot of people Want to say he did jack **** for the GB Packers.... But lets remind you that There have been a number of TEs they have tried with Rodgers.... and it seems none work.

Anyone Remember the Jarred Cook Experiment. He had basically his since his Sophmore season with Aaron..... And left and was great for Oakland... and the Saints.

How about Marty B.... who was a 700 Yard TE the year b4 with the NE Patriots...And basically could not do anything with GB

I am not saying that Jimmy G will be good for us. But I also dont think he will be BAD.... which even if he is BAD...... its a step above our TE room last year which was Abysmal.

The Question Is..... I think most of you would not have had a problem with Jimmy at half the cost. I included. 4 mil per. Whatever.... quality depth right. So the question is looking over all those other names I bolded who are still out there or were other options like Olsen (who got 7 mil BTW) Who would you really have preferred. Would you have preferred Nobody and gone in with the Room Exactly the same as what we had plus maybe a rok (probably not) What about signing a guy with injury concerns who may only help you for a handful of games an then your back to the same spot you were last year (again probably not ideal because injuries were the problem last year)

So its a bit of an overpay. Like I said in the other thread everyone seems to be getting way more than expected. Olsen who has missed 18 games over the past 3 years got 7 mil with the Bills. Jimmy AT least provides Consistency.

And FWIW.... it feels like the Trade Market is way too high too. a 2nd round pick for Hayden Hurst..... Imagine what Njoku or Engram or OJ Howard who have all proven more will fetch.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

https://youtu.be/dZraHNjbg-A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    So.... Let me just go ahead and plays Devils Advocate for a Minute.

First Let me say I dont hate Jimmy Greham. In fact in terms of adding some competent depth.... I was on board with the idea of bringing him in to at least deepen our room. because lets be honest it was that bad last year. This guy still out Received our entire TE room last year.

The problem is solely the $.... 8 mil per.... top 7 type money. Its bad. Maybe Pace structures it with a bunch of incentives to make it worth less or more depending on performance. Maybe its like Danny and it runs into latter seasons. But... it is basically a 1 year guaranteed deal. But he is getting far too much $.

I will say that the AGE issue.... over reaction. Jason Witten is 37 and still rolling. Tony Gonzalez was productive till 37. Gates 36.... Sharp 35...

It still adds at Minimum Depth to a TE room that was so bad last year we argued if we should even play WRs at TE because they sucked that much. Jimmy Does at least help to provide some stability and a competent guy at TE. He also has not missed a game since 2015.

And AS far as Upside. Its not there. But lets be honest Outside of Ebron (we will see how much he ends up with) or Hooper (was out of our range) there were not many guys who were considered long term. And its even arguable Ebron would have been coming off ankle surgery.

I mean for anyone complaining answer me this. Who was a better option. Olsen (hurt more than Jimmy)????? Reed (Concussion NIghtmare)??? Walker (Injury issues and OLD as Father time) ???? Eifert (Injury nightmare) ???? Witten (Reliable but OLD) ???? IDK

I mean.... Outside of the two listed Above in Hooper and Ebron..... The other options were pretty awful. Not saying that Greham wasnt also pretty awful. But of the Bunch... I think it could be argued he is a step above the rest of the guys simply because he has been Healthy.

And.... I think Most importantly.... More than anything else. Adding a Pro Bowl level TE is going to be good for the young guys. Shaheen.... Maybe a draft pick.... They can probably learn alot from Jimmy. Which I think maybe some are discounting. Because It sure doesnt seem like Burton is teaching shaheen a damn thing.

And..... I also know That Alot of people Want to say he did jack **** for the GB Packers.... But lets remind you that There have been a number of TEs they have tried with Rodgers.... and it seems none work.

Anyone Remember the Jarred Cook Experiment. He had basically his since his Sophmore season with Aaron..... And left and was great for Oakland... and the Saints.

How about Marty B.... who was a 700 Yard TE the year b4 with the NE Patriots...And basically could not do anything with GB

I am not saying that Jimmy G will be good for us. But I also dont think he will be BAD.... which even if he is BAD...... its a step above our TE room last year which was Abysmal.

The Question Is..... I think most of you would not have had a problem with Jimmy at half the cost. I included. 4 mil per. Whatever.... quality depth right. So the question is looking over all those other names I bolded who are still out there or were other options like Olsen (who got 7 mil BTW) Who would you really have preferred. Would you have preferred Nobody and gone in with the Room Exactly the same as what we had plus maybe a rok (probably not) What about signing a guy with injury concerns who may only help you for a handful of games an then your back to the same spot you were last year (again probably not ideal because injuries were the problem last year)

So its a bit of an overpay. Like I said in the other thread everyone seems to be getting way more than expected. Olsen who has missed 18 games over the past 3 years got 7 mil with the Bills. Jimmy AT least provides Consistency.

And FWIW.... it feels like the Trade Market is way too high too. a 2nd round pick for Hayden Hurst..... Imagine what Njoku or Engram or OJ Howard who have all proven more will fetch.
    You seriously don't need to write this many words about Jimmy Graham in 2020. He wouldn't be a terrible 2nd TE option if he wasn't getting paid like an impact starter. He is, and it's an awful awful contract.

Bears sign Jimmy Graham to 2 year deal

2013 me wouldíve been excited to see Graham on the Bears.

2020 me is not even close to being excited for Graham on the Bears.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    You seriously don't need to write this many words about Jimmy Graham in 2020. He wouldn't be a terrible 2nd TE option if he wasn't getting paid like an impact starter. He is, and it's an awful awful contract.
    Right...nobody is reading all that. Dudes getting paid twice what heís worth, and has been a disappointment for 3-4 years now...end of story.

Graham about to play like he was with the Seahawks , packers ruin all decent TEís

Dumb signing any which way you look at it. Very disappointing. This basically screams out loud and clear that the organization has absolute zero faith in Burton coming back and being a contributor. No way they would pay him that if they thought Burton is coming back healthy this year. I don't think it's a physical issue with Burton. It's most likely mental.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Riddle me this Robin..... Olsen misses 18 games the past 3 seasons... and gets 7 mil and people are upset we didnt go after him harder.

Meanwhile Jimmy Greham.... who has been healthy the past 5 and not missed a game. gets 8 an everyone looses their minds.

The Truth is Jimmy probably was going to get a starting job somewhere. Is 8 mil too much. I tend to agree. But the market this year everyone is overpaid. And we needed a TE. A healthy one at that. Anyone else outside of Ebron has major health issues u have to deal with.

I get the frustration on cost But who would you have preferred to sign ? Or are we rolling in with the same room as last year?

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Dumb signing any which way you look at it. Very disappointing. This basically screams out loud and clear that the organization has absolute zero faith in Burton coming back and being a contributor. No way they would pay him that if they thought Burton is coming back healthy this year. I don't think it's a physical issue with Burton. It's most likely mental.
    I think it says a ton on Burton. honestly wonder if he doesnt end up cut. the savings is nothing but honestly maybe its time to move on even if its only for 1-3 mil.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Riddle me this Robin..... Olsen misses 18 games the past 3 seasons... and gets 7 mil and people are upset we didnt go after him harder.

Meanwhile Jimmy Greham.... who has been healthy the past 5 and not missed a game. gets 8 an everyone looses their minds.

The Truth is Jimmy probably was going to get a starting job somewhere. Is 8 mil too much. I tend to agree. But the market this year everyone is overpaid. And we needed a TE. A healthy one at that. Anyone else outside of Ebron has major health issues u have to deal with.
    First off, Olsen is a much better player. Second, Graham isn't the type of player you overpay to get no matter how bad the TE group was. If anything, prioritize it more in the draft. Have Nagy and the staff alter their scheme a bit so the TE isn't so pivotal. The Bears have too many needs to spend that money on Jimmy Graham. Point blank.

If an old Graham canít produce with Aaron Rodgers what the hell does Pace think he can do with the bust Trubisky? Pace is garbage, pure garbage. Look at the tight ends he has signed in his tenure, its a list of junk.

Bears sign Jimmy Graham to 2 year deal

Olsen hasnít been Olsen since 2016 so what are we arguing right now ? lol

The fact he got 7 million and missed 18 is wild . Heís gonna be 36 and an injury away from hanging it up

Jimmy has been a consistent catcher thru his career but I get the price tag concerns .

Last edited by Stunner; 03-16-2020 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    If an old Graham canít produce with Aaron Rodgers what the hell does Pace think he can do with the bust Trubisky? Pace is garbage, pure garbage. Look at the tight ends he has signed in his tenure, its a list of junk.
    I just think Rodgers doesnít maximize his TEís He been a WR guy

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    First off, Olsen is a much better player. Second, Graham isn't the type of player you overpay to get no matter how bad the TE group was. If anything, prioritize it more in the draft. Have Nagy and the staff alter their scheme a bit so the TE isn't so pivotal. The Bears have too many needs to spend that money on Jimmy Graham. Point blank.
    So First OFF..... NO... You cant really argue that Olsen is better. He has been nothing two years prior to this. This resurrection year he still wasn't 100% healthy. And Yes he did play better this year than Jimmy. But u realize he played 70.98% of the Panthers Snaps (also while missing 2 games) While Jimmy G only played 57% of GBs

Thats 56 snaps per game for Olsen a game to 38 snaps per game for Jimmy. Its not really fair to compare the 2. Considering that Olsen played nearly 50% more snaps a game than Jimmy.

2nd- The Debate on if a TE out of the draft could really make an impact.... its real. You said yourself it tells alot on how they feel on Burton. So do you really want to go into the year with Burton as your #1 (who they have no confidence in) and a TE (who may not make any sort of impact)

3rd- The Bold is not happening. Nagy is Stuborn. The offense he runs rellys on it.

4th- I 100% agree the cost was higher than I would have wanted. But I also realize Just how bad our TE room was last year and just how badly we need a TE who can... AT least play on the NFL level. So like i said I have no issue with the Jimmy Greham the player on the bears. Cost.... Yes too much. But we cant not address TE either. The other options are Ugly. And the Trade route... which is what I would have preferred, got shot down when Hurst went for a 2nd round pick.

And Once Again I ask you this. Who the **** has not gotten overpaid this year. IDK if it has to do with the new CBA or what. But average guys are making more at guard than Whitehair.
    Last edited by Kyben36; 03-16-2020 at 09:49 PM.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    Ask Jarred Cook the same question... how could he have been terrible with Rodgers and Good with Carr????

-Rem Koolhaas

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast