Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The money is annoying. Especially when we don't have much to play with and this doesn't seem like a big enough upgrade for the expenditure. I wonder what his other offers looked like.

It might work out well thought for us. Slot Burton back into the #2 role, maybe he remembers how to play. Those 2 together can create a lot of mismatches.

The money is stupid, but it could significantly improve our TE grouping just getting Shaheen off the field and helping Burtons head.

I like that XFL kid Donald Parham if we were just looking for a big body in the redzone, could have been had for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Ask Jarred Cook the same question... how could he have been terrible with Rodgers and Good with Carr????
    So Trubustky will make him better than Rodgers did?

I dunno, maybe we can wait and see exactly how this plays out, everyone take a deep breath.
    Ryan Pace has made his mistakes, there is no denying that - but some of you guys seriously will ***** about anything and everything.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Burton put his IG comments on private [emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    So Trubustky will make him better than Rodgers did?
    I am not saying that. But being in a system that utilizes TEs..... playing more than 38 Snaps a game (mitch throws more passes than he was on the feild last year).... And not having Rodgers who has proven to shy away from TEs might.

And Look. Honestly...... IF he played just as he did last year..... He is still an upgrade over what we had. But I do think there is a chance for some positive regression. Im not betting on it. But with More snaps than the 57% he got from the packers last year and in this system... IDK.

I mean can anyone answer why Jimmy G was at 57% of snaps.... 100% healthy Yet Marcedes Lewis was eating into his snaps at 45%. If it was Jace Sternberg the rok I would get it. get this young kid some snaps and experience. But the 35 year old Lewis really eating at Jimmy G. There are some major questions.

And as far as mitch. Im honestly unsure if mitch is the QB. But I know that the system wants a TE despite who the QB is.... and Mitch did have burton nearing 600 yards last year.

I mean 1 year ago Jimmy G was a top 10 TE in yardage for GB. I could see him bouncing back.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    I dunno, maybe we can wait and see exactly how this plays out, everyone take a deep breath.
    Ryan Pace has made his mistakes, there is no denying that - but some of you guys seriously will ***** about anything and everything.
    Going through opinions of the sports world experts and have not found any who thought this was a good move. One was questioning who the Bears were bidding against to come up with that number, another saying this move was as bad as todays Houston/Arizona trade. In this instance people are not just *****ing about anything.

I am not saying that. But being in a system that utilizes TEs..... playing more than 38 Snaps a game (mitch throws more passes than he was on the feild last year).... And not having Rodgers who has proven to shy away from TEs might.

And Look. Honestly...... IF he played just as he did last year..... He is still an upgrade over what we had. But I do think there is a chance for some positive regression. Im not betting on it. But with More snaps than the 57% he got from the packers last year and in this system... IDK.

I mean can anyone answer why Jimmy G was at 57% of snaps.... 100% healthy Yet Marcedes Lewis was eating into his snaps at 45%. If it was Jace Sternberg the rok I would get it. get this young kid some snaps and experience. But the 35 year old Lewis really eating at Jimmy G. There are some major questions.

And as far as mitch. Im honestly unsure if mitch is the QB. But I know that the system wants a TE despite who the QB is.... and Mitch did have burton nearing 600 yards last year.

I mean 1 year ago Jimmy G was a top 10 TE in yardage for GB. I could see him bouncing back.
    Trubisky only has his eyes on Allen Robinson, he hardly looked at tight ends last season. He stared down Robinson damn near every down and many plays were shown to have our tight end open. Our tight rnds sucked but Trubisky also never looked at them much.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Burton put his IG comments on private [emoji24]

Probably gonna need to do that because hes gonna have a lot of time just sitting at home during this pandemic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The worst part about all this- besides this being such a crucial off-season... is you see all these other teams making huge moves.

And then there's us... limited cap space and assets and we pay Graham 8 mil a year.

Honesty a fireable offense.

I mean sure, but that would be a bargain type signing... Not paying 8 million a year... Just horrible value. Irresponsible honestly.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/sRkKTzV8cRU[/youtube]

If we had a large amount of cap space I wouldn't hate this deal all that much. But given what little room we have and holes we need to address this deal ****ing sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woke up this morning thinking this was a joke.. Nope, we still gave Jimmy Graham $8 mil per year

You can post every video, reference how he was misused (for the last 4 years, lol), how he's just a backup, or the 3rd best TE in a weak class.

The contract still sucks. He's looked slow, washed up, and paying him top 6 TE money at this stage of his career is like pissing it down the drain. Especially when you have very little cap to work with. It's impossible to defend this ****** contract and it just feels like a desperation move.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 03-17-2020 at 12:33 PM.

isn't it $9M guaranteed divided by 2? So only 4.5 per year?
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast