Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Dolphins sign CB Byron Jones

Record breaking deal. 17mil a year apparently.

Earlier today X deleted all of his instagram photos. With this deal I cant imagine keeping X.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Record breaking deal. 17mil a year apparently.

Earlier today X deleted all of his instagram photos. With this deal I cant imagine keeping X.
    I could. Even with these deals, they have what... 50 million left in cap space? They certainly don't need to move X, just for the sake of moving salary.

Now, if someone offers us a first round pick or something like that, would we trade him? Sure, I can see a world where that happens. Just can't imagine them cutting bait with a great CB, on a thin position, on a team barren with talent and needs all the help it can get.

Jones is a good get. It's an overpay but it's free agency and they're basically all overpays. I'd have liked to seen them match the deal Conklin got but there's a lot of quality OT in free agency, so I can understand the relunctance to likely need to go above what the Browns offered to secure him.

Jones is a great player. Absolutely love him. Should be a stud in Flos defense. Only problem is his lack of turnovers.

I just have a hard time thinking we'll pay 30mil to two CBs especially when one is consistently injured. I would love the two but it just seems crazy. I mean I had people killing me on here for even thinking of spending $40mil on 3 lineman.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Jones is a great player. Absolutely love him. Should be a stud in Flos defense. Only problem is his lack of turnovers.

I just have a hard time thinking we'll pay 30mil to two CBs especially when one is consistently injured. I would love the two but it just seems crazy. I mean I had people killing me on here for even thinking of spending $40mil on 3 lineman.
    In todays NFL, where everyone is pass happy, having two shutdown corners is amazing. I don't care where/how they balance out the money but if they have a QB on a rookie contract, they'll be able to have expensive corners for the next 3-4 seasons? I guess we'll see, but I firmly believe it's going to highly depend on what kind of offers they get for Howard, he's obviously far from untouchable.

As for Jones, you're right about the lack of turnovers, no question he doesn't get any picks.... but he is absolutely lights out in coverage, and a very different kind of corner than Howard is. He's going to be a stud in our defense, I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do with so many draft picks as well.

and it looks like a lot...

ESPNís Adam Schefter reports that the deal is for five years and $82.5 million with $57 million in guaranteed money and $40 million in the first two years.

If they do keep X, I think this is a sign that we stay at 5. I mean investing that much into just 2 CBs is tough to overcome when you have SOOO many holes.

But I'm not gonna complain. X and Jones would be a nasty combo and I honestly cant think of a better tandem in the league in years. I feel like there was another big FA tandem a few years ago but I honestly cant remember. Maybe I'm thinking of the Pat's when they signed Revis? I'm also thinking of Talib and Peter's in LA two years ago.

Shades of Madison and Surtain, but with X deleting photos he must know something about their plans to move him.

Lions trade Slay, then take 5 and X to move up to 3. Who says no?

Huge pickup, a 5 star sparq athlete, only a handful of athletes have ever tested as good as he did. These are the kinds if players you should spend $ on.

Didnt expect us to make this kind of splash, this is a difference maker.

You keep X because you donít have to worry about paying a QB. Most of these signings today are up in 3-4 years when we will have to start resigning rookies. Most of the draft can go to offense now.

Hopefully the first 2 rounds are Tua and a LT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was the one player i was worried about blowing a ton of money on. I personally do not think he is better than X, and he should not be paid more than him. But that's the landscape of FA. He is a great CB2, and I do think they keep both of them.

If you can't get regular sacks, might as well shoot for coverage sacks, and these two can help in that regard.

Jones is about a lock down as you can get with a CB. Has height and speed to play vs anyone. Flores loves CBs so having two elite ones would be huge for him.

Even if we deal X it wouldn't be bad imo being with his injury history, but keep him if the value isn't there.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I think Jones tops X in terms of raw coverage. Jones is a shut down corner in the sense that he doesnt let people get open. X on the other hand will allow someone to get a few catches but tries to set someone up so he can go for a pick. Both are two great players for two very different reasons. Plus the health concerns puts Jones a bit ahead of X in my opinion.

If we sign Logan Ryan I'd be ok with trading X if it netted us a solid return. Moving from 5 to 3 does not qualify to me as a good return but... I know in terms of draft value it would be considered as such.
    BRUH