Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Dak Tagged

When you've got a great QB, it'ss entertaining watching rival teams argue about which peasant QB is better lol

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    This is something I mentioned last year when it was happening, and Eagles fans didn't like it. You'd think that out of those 7 games, the Eagles could have still won at least 3 of those games.

But the running game may not have been able to get to 100 yards because Wentz has got a weird issue where it takes him awhile to get going in games. Maybe the Eagles were down and couldn't rely on the running game IDK.
    Itís just kind of a weird argument because 100 yards rushing is below average for a NFL team. Itís like pointing out a teams record when their defense allows over 4 TDs per game, yeah thereís obviously going to be a higher chance of a loss under those circumstances.. When you also add on top of that the fact that there wasnít much production from the WRs, kinda hard to find offense for your team..

Like I said earlier though, the cowboys were something crazy like 1-8 in games where they rushed for less than 170 yards. So basically if the cowboys didnít have an elite run game, they werenít gonna win games.. The eagles on the other hand didnít win when their run game was below average and wide receivers werenít helping.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Itís just kind of a weird argument because 100 yards rushing is below average for a NFL team. Itís like pointing out a teams record when their defense allows over 4 TDs per game, yeah thereís obviously going to be a higher chance of a loss under those circumstances.. When you also add on top of that the fact that there wasnít much production from the WRs, kinda hard to find offense for your team..

Like I said earlier though, the cowboys were something crazy like 1-8 in games where they rushed for less than 170 yards. So basically if the cowboys didnít have an elite run game, they werenít gonna win games.. The eagles on the other hand didnít win when their run game was below average and wide receivers werenít helping.
    I was a huge Wentz fan when he came into the league. I said a lot that I wanted Denver to draft him before he sky rocketed up the big boards. I actually went and saw him play live when he was in college. My thing with him is that he should be great. He should be a great QB. And great QB's find ways to win some of those games. But I'm just sitting here waiting for him to take that next step and I'm not sure at this point whether that will ever happen. And that's fine. You can still win with a very good QB... But it just feels like a letdown if he never takes that next step.

And I've always been pretty low on Dak. I don't know if there's ever been another QB that you could so clearly tell was a product of the team around him. He's skated his whole career being asked to do the least amount of any starting QB in the NFL. Now last season they're considered to be one of the favorites in the NFC, and they put more on his plate .. And the Cowboys miss the playoffs entirely.

IDK why Eagles fans are trying to downplay that offense. It was really damn good. Finished 3rd in the league in scoring (By 1 point) and they were the highest scoring offense in the league until Wentz got injured and they only put up a total of 19 points in their final 2 games. Seems odd they you guys would take credit away from your own team lol
    Seems Wentz was the reason that they were a top 5 scoring offense when a lot of the guys Wentz had to work with can't even play in the league 2 years later. And a certain somebody predicted Wentz would be a top 5 QB that season with we'll be generous here and say he had an average offense to work with. I wonder who that was

Lmao but Cowboys fans think Dak played great against Green Bay!
    Who said he played great . What I said was Eagles fans give more credit to Wentz in a game they win and the team rushed for 200 yards then Dak gets for throwing 500 yards and losing . Thatís actually exactly what I said . When the Eagles canít rush the Ball Wentz folds . At least Daks got that win or die make up and fights till the last whistle . # more facts

But the fact remains Wentz did not win 1 game where the rushing game was slowed and the defense gave up more then 9 points . 9 !! Thatís pitiful even for the gingerbread man . Thatís not worth 100 million thatís for sure .

Now remember when the Eagles fans got butt hurt because I said neither Wentz or Dak has showed as much as Watson, Mahhomes , Jackson etc... well read some of the above then reevaluate you reaction to that fact . Check yourself , pull it together and just hope for the best . If your guy needs 200 yards rushing and 9 points allowed to win your not in the Watson /Mahhomes discussion. Your just not . #checkyourself

This is something I mentioned last year when it was happening, and Eagles fans didn't like it. You'd think that out of those 7 games, the Eagles could have still won at least 3 of those games.

But the running game may not have been able to get to 100 yards because Wentz has got a weird issue where it takes him awhile to get going in games. Maybe the Eagles were down and couldn't rely on the running game IDK.
    That's fair, but let's go down the list shall we?

Minnesota game:
    -the Eagles defense got abused all game by Kirk Cousins and couldn't make a stop. They got their doors blown off early and were playing catch up all game.

Atlanta:
    -DJax and Alshon lost on the 1st series of the game.
    -Worst oline performance of the year as Wentz got pounded and had to leave for a bit in the 1st half
    -Wentz brings them back anyway.
    -Defense blows it
    -Wentz drops a potential game winner in Ags lap and drops it.

Detroit:
    -This one is fair criticism. One of Wentz worst games of the year. Still had them in position to win at the end and receivers couldn't make a play.

NE+Sea:
    -These two I'll lump together. NE was the best defense in the NFL probably for the 1st 12 weeks of the season and the Eagles started JJAW in both of these games. He may have very well been the worst WR to start a game for anyone in the NFL last season. Not much a QB can do when WR's can't run the right route and they weren't any good to begin with. Just ask Tom Brady.

Dal: I mean the Eagles just got their doors blown off. Turned the ball over 1st couple possessions and defense couldn't get a stop. Game was over Midway through the 2nd qtr. Just one of those games.

Atlanta and Det games probably should have been wins. In the other examples the Eagles were simply outplayed and outclassed. In both the Atlanta and Detroit games Wentz made plays though to put them in position to win those games. WR's gotta make plays too.

I wouldn't say Wentz has an issue with slow starts so much as it's a team issue. The offensive gameplan to start games hasn't been very good since Frank Reich left which is a credit to Reich seeing as that was his primary responsibility and the reason Groh got fired considering that was his primary responsibility the past 2 seasons. Doug is one of the best coaches in the NFL at making halftime adjustments dating all the way back to his time as an OC in KC. Hopefully with a shakeup in the coaching staff the Eagles will start games much better.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Who said he played great . What I said was Eagles fans give more credit to Wentz in a game they win and the team rushed for 200 yards then Dak gets for throwing 500 yards and losing . Thatís actually exactly what I said . When the Eagles canít rush the Ball Wentz folds . At least Daks got that win or die make up and fights till the last whistle . # more facts
    You're giving credit to Dak right now. The irony and hypocrisy is stunning and hilarious.

But the fact remains Wentz did not win 1 game where the rushing game was slowed and the defense gave up more then 9 points . 9 !! Thatís pitiful even for the gingerbread man . Thatís not worth 100 million thatís for sure .
    I'd be willing to bet the winning percentage is low for pretty much everyone in the NFL when the team rushes for less than 100 yards. Now not being able to win when the team rushes for less than 170 yards? Wew. Keep digging your hole.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    I'd be willing to bet the winning percentage is low for pretty much everyone in the NFL when the team rushes for less than 100 yards. Now not being able to win when the team rushes for less than 170 yards? Wew. Keep digging your hole.
    Then why do people post those things regarding Dak? .. lol

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    You're giving credit to Dak right now. The irony and hypocrisy is stunning and hilarious.
    Wrong .

Then why do people post those things regarding Dak? .. lol
    100 yards and 170 yards are quite a bit different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

What is this 9 point thing? Iím being honest, I missed the stat youíre talking about in association to 9 points?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast