Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 40
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    1,930

    What if the (yes another one of those) Cavs were run as a competent franchise

    I know what ifs and hypotheticals are not to popular around here. But seeing how they messed up with Lebron 2 times. I wanted to give it a shot and see what your ideas would have been to build a team around him while sharing mine. Here would be my changes that I would have done.

    1st. Coach while this won't be a popular pick and it's more hindsight into their future. I would pick starting in 03
    Mike D'Anthony as HC and
    Tom Thibodeau as Lead Assistant/Defensive Coordinator
    2nd. Keep Boozer
    3rd. Get Iguadola. He was drafted 9th in 04 and Cavs got the 10th pick I would have traded wtvr they wanted for him (Ricky Davis + the 10th pick idk if that would have been good but let's roll with it)

    C Ilgauskas
    Pf Boozer
    Sf Lebron
    Sg Iguadola
    PG whoever was there

    Best poster on PSD Douglas

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,208
    3rd time might be a charm with LBJ

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,498
    they should've traded hickson for amar'e and/or Shaq that one year. you think the pnr he runs with AD now are special, Amare was just a beast back then. they would've made sweet love together.

    then they should've traded kyrie for the rumored pg13 deal. or have traded kyrie for something other than sexton.

    they should've traded for Kemba and Dwight his final year in Cleveland

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    46,126
    Every team struggles at some point and LeBron has 0 patience and will always blame his teammates. It doesn’t matter he bounces regardless


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,714
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Every team struggles at some point and LeBron has 0 patience and will always blame his teammates. It doesn’t matter he bounces regardless


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He gave them 5 years as arguably, and then not an argument at all, the best player alive. 7 years overall. When you turn down Amare Stoudemire pre-knee issue cause you have a good feeling about JJ Hickson, ya dumb...

    I get you despise LeBron and blame him for a lot of the players own the league movement now, but dude, you be stuck on a small market, terrible team that continues to make terrible decision after terrible decision, and see how long you last.

    On top of all of it, he even went back and won them a title haha. He owes Cleveland literally nothing.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,714
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    they should've traded hickson for amar'e and/or Shaq that one year. you think the pnr he runs with AD now are special, Amare was just a beast back then. they would've made sweet love together.

    then they should've traded kyrie for the rumored pg13 deal. or have traded kyrie for something other than sexton.

    they should've traded for Kemba and Dwight his final year in Cleveland
    Amare pre-knee and LeBron would have destroyed it. But JJ Hickson was just dripping wet with potential the Cavs FO would lead you to believe, remember?

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,714
    as a Wolves fan, when I was younger, I used to get my panties in a bunch when a star would leave us (or hell even a remotely good starter). As I grew up, I realized I would have left too. Same **** goes for Cleveland.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    46,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    He gave them 5 years as arguably, and then not an argument at all, the best player alive. 7 years overall. When you turn down Amare Stoudemire pre-knee issue cause you have a good feeling about JJ Hickson, ya dumb...

    I get you despise LeBron and blame him for a lot of the players own the league movement now, but dude, you be stuck on a small market, terrible team that continues to make terrible decision after terrible decision, and see how long you last.

    On top of all of it, he even went back and won them a title haha. He owes Cleveland literally nothing.
    The thread was about how they could’ve kept him happy. The answer is they couldn’t. No one can.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9,997
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    The thread was about how they could’ve kept him happy. The answer is they couldn’t. No one can.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well said.

    The Cavs deserve much more than LeBron offered, and fans of pitiful franchises (like the Wolves and Clippers) should be grateful to have witnessed him in a Cavs uniform.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    35,859
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    The thread was about how they could’ve kept him happy. The answer is they couldn’t. No one can.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wouldn't have been happy with the crap rosters they put around him his first time in Cleveland either.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,498
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I wouldn't have been happy with the crap rosters they put around him his first time in Cleveland either.
    Hes just mad cuz he knows MJ would've been a Knickerbocker had the Bulls not bowed down towards the end there.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    46,126
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I wouldn't have been happy with the crap rosters they put around him his first time in Cleveland either.
    Your right he’s a team first loyal dude.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    35,859
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Your right he’s a team first loyal dude.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Would you be happy if you were the best player in the league and all your organization gave you was Amderson Verejao, Zydrunas Ilgauskus, Larry Hughes, Eric Snow, Mo Williams, Delonte West, Jamario Moon, Drew Gooden, Donyell Marshall, etc.
    His entire group of teammates those first 7 years in Cleveland was an absolute joke.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    46,126
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Would you be happy if you were the best player in the league and all your organization gave you was Amderson Verejao, Zydrunas Ilgauskus, Larry Hughes, Eric Snow, Mo Williams, Delonte West, Jamario Moon, Drew Gooden, Donyell Marshall, etc.
    His entire group of teammates those first 7 years in Cleveland was an absolute joke.
    The ultimate selfless no “I” in team guy


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    1,930
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    The thread was about how they could’ve kept him happy. The answer is they couldn’t. No one can.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The thread wasnt about keeping Lebron happy. The thread was about the Cavs being run as a competent franchise. Like just imagine if the Cavs were run like the Spurs and made the right moves.

    Best poster on PSD Douglas

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •