Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Phins to sign G Ereck Flowers - 3 years $30M

AdamSchefter
    Miami Dolphins agree to terms with Ereck Flowers $30M over 3 years with $19.95M fully guaranteed, per @RosenhausSports

Not someone I really wanted... but he did play much better at OG last year.

It was a night and day difference with him playing LG last year. But my biggest worry is if hes mental prepared to work with Flo. Early in his career he was terrible at handling criticism.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

He was way better at LG last year but I still don't love the deal.

That said, $10 million a year with the way FA signings are and the fact Miami can't seem to solidify the guard position, I get it.

Fair value would have been 7-8mil, but its FA so you always have to add more.

His stats are OG were much better. Only allowed 4 sacks last year with 5 penalties.

But I'm not going to blame anyone for not liking the move. I mean he was TERRIBLE at OT. I mean REALLY bad.

this is a fine signing. He was a turnstile at OT. But he played very good at OG. nobody is going to like the money on any deal in FA, but if he plays up to the contract, it would have been a very good signing. and it also depends how the contract will be. Also, as terrible as he was at OT, his flexibility to play OG and OT (in case of emergency) is valuable. Could be easy to get out from it in year 2. now if we can just land Peat . . .

I'm curious what the team does with Dieter. He did practice at RG and C last year and said he was probably more comfortable at both spots than LG. I'd personally like to see what hes like at C.

Hopfully they can coach him up, in NY he was a massive disaster

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Hopfully they can coach him up, in NY he was a massive disaster
    You can throw out his time in NY. He played very well last season for the Skins especially the second half of the season as he became more comfortable at guard.

Very good signing especially since Glasgow got 4-44 mil from Denver.

I would have preferred Glassgow purely because hes been consistent over a few years. Flowers did play well last year, but we've been fooled before. The oline is such an important spot to fix that I would rather overpay for proven guys than take the deal on a possible up and comer.

But with that said unless he becomes a trainwreck again I dont think he'll be the worst part of our oline. Hes average as of right now and an average OG is hard to find apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    You can throw out his time in NY. He played very well last season for the Skins especially the second half of the season as he became more comfortable at guard.

Very good signing especially since Glasgow got 4-44 mil from Denver.
    I live in NY so its hard for me to forget how bad he was with the gmen, also, i didnt really watch him with wsh, so hopfully he was as good as people say he was at guard.

At tackle he was one of the worst ive ever seen, every game he just got manhandled.