Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    They eventually took the actual ASU 3rd baseman. They love to draft 3rd baseman.
    haha I thought that after they picked him (Workman) and then realized they picked ANOTHER 3rd baseman....

I'm not going to sit here and say that I know a thing about prospects but here is what CBS had to say about the Tiger's draft. Makes me optimistic with the decisions.

Grade: A

The Tigers held the No. 1 pick and they locked themselves into an A when they used it on Torkelson, a future middle-of-the-order anchor. They then added a very good all-around catcher in second rounder Dillon Dingler, a consistent college performer in outfielder Daniel Cabrera in Competitive Balance Round B, and they flat out stole Arizona State infielder Gage Workman in the fourth round. Workman was seen as a possible first-round pick coming into the season. Torkelson was arguably the best player in the draft and Detroit added three other late first round/early second round talents in Cabrera, Dingler, and Workman. Great, great draft for the Tigers.

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    I'm not going to sit here and say that I know a thing about prospects but here is what CBS had to say about the Tiger's draft. Makes me optimistic with the decisions.

Grade: A

The Tigers held the No. 1 pick and they locked themselves into an A when they used it on Torkelson, a future middle-of-the-order anchor. They then added a very good all-around catcher in second rounder Dillon Dingler, a consistent college performer in outfielder Daniel Cabrera in Competitive Balance Round B, and they flat out stole Arizona State infielder Gage Workman in the fourth round. Workman was seen as a possible first-round pick coming into the season. Torkelson was arguably the best player in the draft and Detroit added three other late first round/early second round talents in Cabrera, Dingler, and Workman. Great, great draft for the Tigers.

did we get something right?

Now they’ve got to sign them all. Workman might go back to ASU and try and improve his draft prospects for next year. Maybe drafting Colt Keith (HS 3rd baseman committed to ASU) was a hedge if Workman doesn’t sign.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12