Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    111,868

    Zion Williamson will pay Smoothie King Center workers salaries after NBA season suspe

    https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/h...0-b8c9a6101d8e




    this is a dude on a rookie contract with health issues..... what a ****ing guy man wow... now i am a fan.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    111,868
    where is lebron/embiid/simmons/KL/Butler/AD/Doncic/BB/PG13/Tatum/Hayward/Walker/Joker/Dame/CJ/Booker and so on down the list?????????????????????????

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,760
    Zion is doin a good job

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    46,155
    Legit dude


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    15,817
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/h...0-b8c9a6101d8e




    this is a dude on a rookie contract with health issues..... what a ****ing guy man wow... now i am a fan.
    I truly applaud this, but your rationale doesn't make sense. His "rookie contract" along with just his sneaker deal alone guarantee him $20M+ a year for the next several years..

    But this is a really good move by Zion. Confusing that billionaire owners aren't the ones stepping up to do this instead.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    8,844
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I truly applaud this, but your rationale doesn't make sense. His "rookie contract" along with just his sneaker deal alone guarantee him $20M+ a year for the next several years..

    But this is a really good move by Zion. Confusing that billionaire owners aren't the ones stepping up to do this instead.
    What are the odds that billionaires became billionaires by helping other people? FWIW Mark Cuban was the first to pledge to pay wages to hourly employees during the lock down.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,263
    Cubam is white, no one will talk about him supporting his employees.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,315
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I truly applaud this, but your rationale doesn't make sense. His "rookie contract" along with just his sneaker deal alone guarantee him $20M+ a year for the next several years..

    But this is a really good move by Zion. Confusing that billionaire owners aren't the ones stepping up to do this instead.
    That is the bigger issue is that it’s players (aka employees) are the ones taking care of the employees not the employer. But that’s why these *******s are rich, not caring about anybody but themselves and only looking at the bottom line instead of what’s the right thing to do.


    Rippin' lips son!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    33,947
    I do think people are a little misguided about the logistics of still paying employees. Being a billionaire or a being a billion dollar business doesn’t mean you have a billion dollars in the bank. There are cash flow considerations.

    I work for a company that did a billion in sales last year. We’re paying our hourly employees but to meet those cash flow demand we had to borrow $100M in anticipation (that’s more than we need but we wanted to be safe). We aren’t sure what the impacts of this will be in our customers and how that affects our cash on hand. You don’t want to make an empty promise that you will pay people but then the cash flow doesn’t work.

    Ultimately I expect teams will cover these wages - even if only out of being guilted into it - but there’s more behind it than I think people realize. It isn’t the owner just wiring money from his account.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    26,120
    There is a dangerous amount of generalizing going on in here right now.

    Does nothing happen in this world if it hasn't been tweeted about first?

    Maybe some of these execs are more concerned about working out the logistics and details on an issue like this than they are about tweeting about it before anyone else.

    We talk a lot about how what's going on is much bigger than sports but that same big picture focus is clearly being lost here if you ask me.



    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 03-14-2020 at 12:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    There is a dangerous amount of generalizing going on in here right now.

    Does nothing happen in this world if it hasn't been tweeted about first?

    Maybe some of these execs are more concerned about working out the logistics and details on an issue like this than they are about tweeting about it before anyone else.

    We talk a lot about how what's going on is much bigger than sports but that same big picture focus is clearly being lost here if you ask me.



    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Then what’s the problem with saying “We’re going to take care of our employees, we’re just working out the logistics of it right now”??? Not that difficult right?


    Rippin' lips son!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    35,860
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/h...0-b8c9a6101d8e




    this is a dude on a rookie contract with health issues..... what a ****ing guy man wow... now i am a fan.
    His NBA contract pays him $10M this year.
    He also has a 5/75 deal w Jordan - $15M per year.
    He also has endorsement deals with Gatorade, Mountain Dew and 2K Sports.
    He is not hurting for money.
    Still very cool what he's doing, but he's far from "a dude on a rookie contract."

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    26,120
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Then what’s the problem with saying “We’re going to take care of our employees, we’re just working out the logistics of it right now”??? Not that difficult right?
    Nothing but what is the problem with just not making assumptions in the first place?

    I think this is better and more appropriate coming from the players anyways. The owners didn't get rich off the game, the players owe everything to the game.

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    421
    That is pretty cool of him if you ask me. A great example of a good decent human being.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    46,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Nothing but what is the problem with just not making assumptions in the first place?

    I think this is better and more appropriate coming from the players anyways. The owners didn't get rich off the game, the players owe everything to the game.

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    the owners got rich by being born.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •