Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Zion Williamson will pay Smoothie King Center workers salaries after NBA season suspe

https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/h...0-b8c9a6101d8e

this is a dude on a rookie contract with health issues..... what a ****ing guy man wow... now i am a fan.

where is lebron/embiid/simmons/KL/Butler/AD/Doncic/BB/PG13/Tatum/Hayward/Walker/Joker/Dame/CJ/Booker and so on down the list?????????????????????????

Zion is doin a good job

Legit dude

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post

this is a dude on a rookie contract with health issues..... what a ****ing guy man wow... now i am a fan.
    I truly applaud this, but your rationale doesn't make sense. His "rookie contract" along with just his sneaker deal alone guarantee him $20M+ a year for the next several years..

But this is a really good move by Zion. Confusing that billionaire owners aren't the ones stepping up to do this instead.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I truly applaud this, but your rationale doesn't make sense. His "rookie contract" along with just his sneaker deal alone guarantee him $20M+ a year for the next several years..

But this is a really good move by Zion. Confusing that billionaire owners aren't the ones stepping up to do this instead.
    What are the odds that billionaires became billionaires by helping other people? FWIW Mark Cuban was the first to pledge to pay wages to hourly employees during the lock down.

Cubam is white, no one will talk about him supporting his employees.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post

That is the bigger issue is that it’s players (aka employees) are the ones taking care of the employees not the employer. But that’s why these *******s are rich, not caring about anybody but themselves and only looking at the bottom line instead of what’s the right thing to do.

Rippin' lips son!!

I do think people are a little misguided about the logistics of still paying employees. Being a billionaire or a being a billion dollar business doesn’t mean you have a billion dollars in the bank. There are cash flow considerations.

I work for a company that did a billion in sales last year. We’re paying our hourly employees but to meet those cash flow demand we had to borrow $100M in anticipation (that’s more than we need but we wanted to be safe). We aren’t sure what the impacts of this will be in our customers and how that affects our cash on hand. You don’t want to make an empty promise that you will pay people but then the cash flow doesn’t work.

Ultimately I expect teams will cover these wages - even if only out of being guilted into it - but there’s more behind it than I think people realize. It isn’t the owner just wiring money from his account.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

There is a dangerous amount of generalizing going on in here right now.

Does nothing happen in this world if it hasn't been tweeted about first?

Maybe some of these execs are more concerned about working out the logistics and details on an issue like this than they are about tweeting about it before anyone else.

We talk a lot about how what's going on is much bigger than sports but that same big picture focus is clearly being lost here if you ask me.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 03-14-2020 at 12:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    There is a dangerous amount of generalizing going on in here right now.

Does nothing happen in this world if it hasn't been tweeted about first?

Maybe some of these execs are more concerned about working out the logistics and details on an issue like this than they are about tweeting about it before anyone else.

We talk a lot about how what's going on is much bigger than sports but that same big picture focus is clearly being lost here if you ask me.

Then what’s the problem with saying “We’re going to take care of our employees, we’re just working out the logistics of it right now”??? Not that difficult right?

Rippin' lips son!!

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post

His NBA contract pays him $10M this year.
    He also has a 5/75 deal w Jordan - $15M per year.
    He also has endorsement deals with Gatorade, Mountain Dew and 2K Sports.
    He is not hurting for money.
    Still very cool what he's doing, but he's far from "a dude on a rookie contract."

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Then what’s the problem with saying “We’re going to take care of our employees, we’re just working out the logistics of it right now”??? Not that difficult right?
    Nothing but what is the problem with just not making assumptions in the first place?

I think this is better and more appropriate coming from the players anyways. The owners didn't get rich off the game, the players owe everything to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

That is pretty cool of him if you ask me. A great example of a good decent human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Nothing but what is the problem with just not making assumptions in the first place?

I think this is better and more appropriate coming from the players anyways. The owners didn't get rich off the game, the players owe everything to the game.

the owners got rich by being born.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast