Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Now is the time to experiment with some of these changes that have been discussed thatís for sure.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    So you donít think this season resumes at all at any point?
    So much is unknown, but I hope thatís not the case. However, all I can go in is the mandate currently. If this virus isnít under control within a month then we have serious problems outside of the NBA getting back to business.

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    So much is unknown, but I hope thatís not the case. However, all I can go in is the mandate currently. If this virus isnít under control within a month then we have serious problems outside of the NBA getting back to business.
    I agree with you
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

Quote Originally Posted by bostncelts34 View Post
    I would say that most of the teams would benefit in terms of health/rest.

Biases pick: Celtics; as we have talked about before the core of the team has barely played together. Jaylen has been our hurt, Kemba obviously isn't a 100% etc etc.

Sixers is a good one also with simmons/embid but even 4594598 months off cant make Simmons shoot.
    agree your opinion

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    There was suggestions that the NBA should shift to a Dec-Aug calendar anyways, so maybe this starts that.
    Seriously; why not avoid football as much as possible and slide into the dead zone that is baseball season?
    As far as individual teams benefitting, basically any playoff squad with injuries or leaning heavily on stars is loving this.

Let's assume the season is cancelled (may be or maybe not)... take a look at the Warriors.

From the injury-ridden Cavs in the 2015 finals, to the stars aligning allowing Durant to join in that tv deal year in 2016, to the entire western conference (like Kawhi) getting struck by injury in route to the 2017 playoffs dominance, to the CP3 injury in 2018, to now, don't think I've ever seen a luckier stretch of years for a franchise. And I'm probably missing some stuff in here.

The one season they are impacted by injuries and KD leaving is the season that nets them a top, likely #1 overall draft pick (the draft will still happen) while also possibly resulting in cancellation so that it doesn't even matter for other teams. You can't make this stuff up.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

I don't think the season will be cancelled all together. In all likelihood, they'll take a month off, re-assess the situation with the coronavirus, and resume play accordingly. I do think it will be 6 weeks - 2 full months until a game starts, though. They're not just jumping back into game action when this is over. So I'd think, assuming we're able to get a hold on this virus fiasco, May might be the time NBA games come back. If this thing spirals out of control, however, that's a whole other story.

If that is the case, I'd think the individual player who benefits the most is LeBron James, because of the rest factor. Giving him almost 2 months off before a playoff push will do wonders for his body. But the player whose narrative is most benefitted is Giannis. In the last 2 weeks, it went from "Giannis is the 2nd unanimous MVP" to "LeBron might actually have over-taken this thing." Had Giannis missed more time and the Lakers caught the Bucks for best record, I think LBJ takes the MVP. This pretty much halts that discussion, and guarantees Giannis doesn't miss any time when they do start playing again. Giannis pretty much just secured the back-to-back MVP years.

Spurs 22 year playoff streak is saved for the time being.

embiid gets rest... ben simmons now will be able to play in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Well with all the toilet paper we have stocked up on, we'll get this thing under control in no time!

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Maybe Durant comes back in time for the loffs?
    Agreed...

I can easily see KD & Irving coming back. That would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    Agreed...

I can easily see KD & Irving coming back. That would be cool.
    That would be sick. Would throw a whole new wrench into the situation, Ratings would go through the roof. I def wouldnít mind them waiting till July/August to resume the season...Then next year starting Dec 1st playing a 55 game season. And then follow that up with a ďregularĒ 82 game regular season.

Maybe Durant comes back in time for the loffs?
    if the season resumes, this was my thought.

I don't think the season will resume this year. It's going to take months atleast to confirm if it's safe to do so. It's not like after a few weeks they're gonna say ok it's safe now let's just get back to it. It will take some time.

I think if it goes past 3 months (which it realistically will) the season is done. I can't imagine them resuming the season in July.
    I agree, I doubt it resumes. If it does, it'll b longer than the 30 days and without fans in attendance.

Theyíre saying a mid June return is the target, if thatís the case KD and Kyrie really might be back

8/24/2

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    Well with all the toilet paper we have stocked up on, we'll get this thing under control in no time!
    I got the last 18 roll at the local store. I'm good for at least a week!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast