Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Broncos trade for CB AJ Bouye

I like it but that means Byron Jones isn't coming to Denver

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    I like it but that means Byron Jones isn't coming to Denver
    Hoping we don't overpay. I don't know EXACTLY what the line is, but I'd rather have him around 16 per.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Hoping we don't overpay. I don't know EXACTLY what the line is, but I'd rather have him around 16 per.
    He won't get more than that imo... Especially not with Chris Harris 100% on the market now. Jones value was determined by a pretty shallow corner class but there's some competition on the market now and 1 team heavily rumored to go after Jones is now out of the race. So I'd guess he'll end up right around that $16M range.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    It's gonna be interesting to see what impact the new CBA has on the CB position. Top CB average pay hasn't changed much since 2015, with it being around 15M/season, but the expected boost in salary cap will surely change that. Supposedly Bradberry wants 15M/season, and I'm expecting us to let him walk only for 15M to be reasonable in a year or two.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

He won't get more than that imo... Especially not with Chris Harris 100% on the market now. Jones value was determined by a pretty shallow corner class but there's some competition on the market now and 1 team heavily rumored to go after Jones is now out of the race. So I'd guess he'll end up right around that $16M range.
    CHJ is nearly 31, I'd be surprised if his market value is over 14M.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    CHJ is nearly 31, I'd be surprised if his market value is over 14M.
    I agree with that. But as long as he's on the market, teams can use him as leverage against Jones

"Why would we pay you $18M when we can get Harris for $14M?"

Interesting to note that the 4th round pick we're sending the Jaguars is from SF in the Sanders trade. So the trade essentially comes out like this:

Denver gets:
    3rd round pick
    A.J. Bouye

San Francisco gets:
    5th round pick
    Emmanuel Sanders

Not bad Elway... Not bad at all.

I agree with that. But as long as he's on the market, teams can use him as leverage against Jones

"Why would we pay you $18M when we can get Harris for $14M?"
    Jones and Bradberry are both under 27, so I have a feeling teams might build off of their prices. I won't be shocked if both get around 16M.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Jones and Bradberry are both under 27, so I have a feeling teams might build off of their prices. I won't be shocked if both get around 16M.
    Yeah I think $16M is about what they'll get tbh. I don't think it will be much above that

Yeah I think $16M is about what they'll get tbh. I don't think it will be much above that
    Hard to make a case heís worth anything close to 16 . That firmly makes him the highest paid corner in the history of the NFL . 7 million a year more then Richard Sherman .. lol..

I still think his contract ends up being north of $16 mil. I would shocked if he signs for anything less than $18 mil. Personally I think he still ends up closer to $20 mil.

Chris Harris likely ends up in Dallas. Apparently he will be their main target in free agency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I still think his contract ends up being north of $16 mil. I would shocked if he signs for anything less than $18 mil. Personally I think he still ends up closer to $20 mil.

Chris Harris likely ends up in Dallas. Apparently he will be their main target in free agency.

Really ? I figured Harris will be looking to get what Jones wants . He turned down 12 million from Denver already .

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Really ? I figured Harris will be looking to get what Jones wants . He turned down 12 million from Denver already .
    All I keep hearing is that heís the main guy on their radar. I think they would go as high as $14M if they really wanted him. More than the money the thing that would concern me about Harris is his age. Heís over 30 and Stephen Jones pretty much never pays a guy thatís 30 or older. I expect that their first two picks will go on defense. Stephen said the other day that their main priority this off season was to use free agency and the draft to revamp their defense. So I expect they will also sign 1 key defensive player in free agency. Iíve heard Harris is the guy they want but you never know. They could go CB with their two first picks and then sign a free agent DT. Marcell Dareus is free.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post

There's no shot of that happening... If Dion Sanders was in his prime and was a free agent right now, he MIGHT get that type of money. But a guy with 2 career interceptions and limited marketability? Nah.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast