Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Will we be ready for a mankind ending virus?

With how everyone across the world has dropped the ball from not reporting it for months to us not doing anything etc and still downplaying it will we survive if we come across a 50 plus pct mortality rate virus? The ball has been dropped all over the place on this virus and thank god the mortality rate isnt higher but it feels like we have not and will not learn from our mistakes. Will we learn and adapt from this current pandemic?

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    No

We are not that smart. We had SARS, MERS and Ebola. We learned nothing.
    I have friends, as I'm sure many do, who work in related industries and they all voice the frustration with the sheer lack of planning on every level. There are no contingency plans.
    The only place I have seen that has their collective poop together, is my wife's company. She works for a large Pharma co. Three weeks ago, they were seeking alternative production locations and workers in case their main factories were affected.

This country is too busy arguing about minutia to actually understand what something like this is.
    People are talking about the mortality rate not about the affect millions of people being affected would have on the aspects infrastructure, food processing and medical care.

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Itís comical to me that the majority of people in a panic over coronavirus canít take 30 seconds of their time to take the most basic and effective precaution against the spread of disease by washing their hands before they eat.

Judging by the current reaction? Not at all.

It's showing how selfish people are by buying up essential supplies (who really needs a year supply of toilet paper, among other things?), downplaying it, being too self absorbed to realize why a temporary lifestyle change is a good thing, and using it as a social platform (on both sides).

If the mortality rate were way higher then I can't imagine how some people would react. It'd probably be a Purge-like scenario.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 03-12-2020 at 03:41 PM.

Not even close.

No.

And nothing confirmed that more then my latest trip to the grocery store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    No.

And nothing confirmed that more then my latest trip to the grocery store.

I work at one today was the worst day haha

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    I work at one today was the worst day haha

I went to one today. Great place to catch it. There was no social distancing happening there.

Grocery store visit at 1am last night for me. Lot of people there for that time of night and the vibe was sketchy. Cashier told me it's been the craziest she's ever seen it there and been getting worse by the day.

Transmitted from my portable communication rectangle

Yeah the cashier last night said that yesterday was worse then thanksgiving and Super Bowl put together.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Yeah the cashier last night said that yesterday was worse then thanksgiving and Super Bowl put together.

I've worked at what you would consider a very busy store on a normal day for fifteen years. The way it's been the last three days I have never seen its insane.

Last edited by Midnightbottle; 03-13-2020 at 07:06 PM.

This type of thing helps us prepare for the worse things that can happen at least. Toronto has maintained SARS wards at some of their hospitals, and continues to include them in building plans for new hospitals.

I work for Trader Joe's.

This was our frozen section last night.

It's absolutely insane. We have to basically double our orders. People are just hoarding whatever they can.

I honestly think a riot is around the corner. The fear is too much to contain.

By definition, we cannot be ready for a mankind ending virus.

In reality, of course we arent ready. We will probably never be ready. The total population versus healthcare providers and finite amount of resources, time, limited everyday person self awareness and sustainability make it a near impossibility.

Factor in a completely new virus is something that is nearly impossible to predict (the best we do is 20%-40% chance reduction of influenza every year for that vaccine), and nope. Too many people in the world, too much travel, etc.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Shammyguy3; 03-14-2020 at 01:31 AM.

Wallstrasse 28, Hessen, 35321, Laubach, Germany
    We aren't ready

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast