Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    Okay. So why doesnt football suspend its seasons every winter when the flu pops up?
    My goodness.

The problem isnt how dangerous coronavirus it, the problem is how new it is. People have never heard of it, they overreact, cause mass hysteria, and here we are. The flu passes. The pig flu passed. The bird flu passed. The bat flu will pass. This is no different.

The problem isnt how dangerous coronavirus it, the problem is how new it is. People have never heard of it, they overreact, cause mass hysteria, and here we are. The flu passes. The pig flu passed. The bird flu passed. The bat flu will pass. This is no different.
    You acting like it's no big deal is just as bad if not worse. You have no idea how this is going to affect the world or how long it will last.
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 03-13-2020 at 04:05 PM.

Believe what you want to believe, but I just hope you're taking the precautions necessary to not infect yourself and, especially, others.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Believe what you want to believe, but I just hope you're taking the precautions necessary to not infect yourself and, especially, others.
    Im not doing anything differently. Ive always wiped my ***. Ive always washed my hands after wiping my ***. Not gonna stock up on unnecessary items and demand schools and businesses close causing the already **** economy to crash just cuz people are afraid of being sick for a couple days max.

You go, girl.

Transmitted from my portable communication rectangle

Per MLBTR, players are being sent home if travel restrictions don't affect them, or are being allowed to stay near the ST facilities. Sure feels like the season is going to be delayed longer than two weeks

2:49pm: The league is providing players with three options, per Jesse Dougherty of the Washington Post (Twitter links). They can go to their personal homes, which is the apparent preference of the league, though there’s a warning there for players who reside in other countries owing to potential travel restrictions. Players can instead remain in camp facilities and continue to receive living allowances. Or they may go to the home city of their particular club.

2:32pm: Major League Baseball, which is holding ongoing discussions with the players’ association even now, has advised players to leave Spring Training facilities for their homes. Jon Heyman of MLB Network first tweeted the news; multiple other reports have emerged indicating that players have been encouraged by their respective teams to depart.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Oh yeah. Two weeks is an absolute best case scenario. It should be no surprise if that stretches to two months.

No way they're getting 162 games in.

It'll be an interesting glance at how a shortened season might look if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You acting like it's no big deal is just as bad if not worse. You have no idea how this is going to affect the world or how long it will last.
    I will admit that over the past day or 2 I've definitely come around to realizing we should at least all be aware and cautious of this thing.
    I'm not personally worried about it. But I totally get that it's new and rather unknown, and that even if I would likely be fine if I got it, I should take extra precautions so in case I do get it, I wouldn't pass it along to elderly or those with compromised immune systems.
    I have no problem washing my hands way more than normal and carrying hand sanitizer with me when I go out. Seems like a rather small thing to do if it can potentially help keep others (and myself) safe.
    TLDR: I no longer consider this virus "nothing" and realize that was a dumb way of looking at things.

Fair enough.

SAARS and MERS were Cornaviruses as well. They were bad, but passed quickly. This one will be bad for our healthcare delivery system, especially if people with symptoms go to the ER.
    Here is a story from a survivor:
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/dont-pani...055155667.html
    To get back on baseball, I hope to see ballgames start again by the end of April. We might have a shortened season, but we will have a season of meaningful games.

Okay. So why doesnt football suspend its seasons every winter when the flu pops up?
    The flu cannot be contained and has a much lower mortality rate

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Im not doing anything differently. Ive always wiped my ***. Ive always washed my hands after wiping my ***. Not gonna stock up on unnecessary items and demand schools and businesses close causing the already **** economy to crash just cuz people are afraid of being sick for a couple days max.
    No, if you catch it even mildly you will be sick at least 1-2 weeks not a couple days max...severe cases are lasting 6+ weeks.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast