Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    From everything ive read, unless youre old and already on your deathbed, the symptoms are tame and not as bad as the regular flu. Not sure why its still even an issue today, let alone looking forward. Businesses have never gone on quarantine because an employee got the flu.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    From everything ive read, unless youre old and already on your deathbed, the symptoms are tame and not as bad as the regular flu. Not sure why its still even an issue today, let alone looking forward. Businesses have never gone on quarantine because an employee got the flu.
    I am trying to not follow in the mass media hype of this but you have to take into account that if you catch it, you can pass it on to someone whose immune system is weak or to an elder family member who wont be able to handle it, while you can.
    LETS GO KNICKS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Only way I give into the hysteria is if I see more and more cases of people being tested positive
    Give it two weeks.

Spring Training have been canceled and Opening Day has been postponed for at least two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I'm not gon give into the mass hysteria like everyone else is. Yeah sure I'm takin precautions but not gon go overboard like people are by throwing themselves into a full blown panic. Only way I give into the hysteria is if I see more and more cases of people being tested positive or if this virus becomes more lethal. Until then for me it is business as usual. Life don't stop for me cuz the rest of the world wants to.
    Dumbass US didnít take the WHO tests and elected to make its own (ineffective ) tests

And our messed up work til you die culture has caused too many companies to delay having workers off or working from home

Itís everywhere already, even if the confirmed cases are all there yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Me rn

i get it, but i'm dead inside

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Spring Training have been canceled and Opening Day has been postponed for at least two weeks.

It'll give them time to re-assess the situation. May get pushed out further too.

ok, so you get it and the symptoms are tame....what about the people YOU pass it on to? Maybe they'd not be so tame...and you're responsible. Now, multiply that scenario 100 million times and you've got what we have now...reason to be mindful and cautious
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    i get it, but i'm dead inside
    My thoughts exactly.

It's a drag but it needs to be done. Italy took the nonchalant approach to all of this and look at them now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    ok, so you get it and the symptoms are tame....what about the people YOU pass it on to? Maybe they'd not be so tame...and you're responsible. Now, multiply that scenario 100 million times and you've got what we have now...reason to be mindful and cautious
    Okay. So why doesnt football suspend its seasons every winter when the flu pops up?

Because the flu has vaccines in existence and kills 1/20th as many people as COVID-19.
    Last edited by otatop; 03-13-2020 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    Because the flu has vaccines in existence and kills 1/20th as many people as COVID-19. These "hurr durr but the flu's no big deal" takes are incredibly dumb during a pandemic.
    Cannot stress this enough. The flu has vaccines. COVID does not. The disease is terrifying not because of how lethal it is but because of how little we know about it and how little testing weíve done.

Iíve already said that I think Iíll be fine if I get the virus. Iíll probably shake it off in a few days time but with how many people I interact with on a regular basis, I sure as hell donít want it lol. Mom with cancer, elderly grandma, old people in my building, etc. Iím taking precautions for them.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast