Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mayor DiBlasio said Madison Square Garden will likely be closed for months. Don't see how the NBA can play again this season. Maybe a truncated postseason.

— Stefan Bondy (@SBondyNYDN) March 12, 2020

With the spread of the virus the knicks have decided not to participate in this years playoffs .

Nothing good ever comes from panic and extreme reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    Nothing good ever comes from panic and extreme reactions.
    Couldn't disagree more old timer - But lets not conflate panic with crisis management.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    Couldn't disagree more old timer - But lets not conflate panic with crisis management.
    Crisis management is neither panic nor extreme.

Panic and extreme reactions are often illogical, misplaced and disproportionate to the crisis.

Panic and extreme reactions are often illogical, misplaced and disproportionate to the crisis.
    I'm not going to disagree with you because your right, and I'm working around the clock to set up clients to work from home, panic is a very low tone word, believe me.

Crisis management is neither panic nor extreme.
    That's what I said don't conflate panic with crisis management. Urgency is required here. People in this country are clearly too stupid to understand this w/o instilling some panic. Just talk to the average Joe for 5 minutes and you'll see the real pandemic is a failure to grasp science and math. But this isn't a science forum and I don't know you well enough to care about your opinion on this and vice versa I guess. I'll leave it there

Very much also depends on the nature of the crisis. Time here is everything. Sorry last thing lol

ESPN story on NBA owners and executives preparing for a minimum three month hiatus — and awaiting league office’s projections on financial damage. https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...rio-nba-return
    Last edited by Praise_Di_Yute; 03-15-2020 at 10:21 PM.

So now the question is if the season is canceled did Mitch break Wilt's record?

Based on cumulative shots made he did, going to be very interesting, guess there will be a * next to his name I'm guessing?

Anyone know if next years cap will be impacted by the huge losses of revenue if they cancel the season + playoffs?

NBA and NBAPA "We on a coronavirus break so y'all can smoke em up and hit the pipe to deal with the anxiety "

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Anyone know if next years cap will be impacted by the huge losses of revenue if they cancel the season + playoffs?
    Yes. League office is supposedly crunching the numbers for different scenarios to assess the impact.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    It in most likelihood go down, and what is being proposed is June for BB to start up again and without fans in the stands. So revenues are going to get smashed......I see this Cap getting hit that only helps the Knicks.

Cap going down means, max contract go down, which means MLE goes down which means Biannual goes down.

Damn shame no big names out there and those that could become FA's and opt out, it don't pay now to do that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast