Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Just out of curiosity what should Trump have done differently?
    I think there are various things, but the first issue is that he disbanded the pandemic team that the Obama administration had formed. They are the people who would have been responsible for developing and laying the groundwork for safeguards and procedures in terms of how to quarantine people safely, developing testing, working on treatments and vaccines. In normal cases, they would've been the people who would've started acting back in early January when we were getting reports of people testing positive in China. Trump didn't replace these people with his own team, he just completely eliminated the task force.

Trump then was explicitly warned of the dangers many times over (starting in early January) and rather than taking action and bringing in people who are trained to handle these situations, he said it was a hoax and we lost about 3.5 months before we started taking any action. When reports started coming in at the beginning of the year, we should have started working on developing wide scale testing, implementing procedures that hospitals and airports need to follow for dealing with people who test positive, and started stockpiling medical supplies.

These things wouldn't have kept the virus from getting here, but it likely would have greatly mitigated the spread of the virus and allowed us to take action a lot more quickly to try to contain it and it would have allowed hospitals and medical personnel to be better prepared. We could have also started funding immediate research back in January to find treatment and work on a vaccine. We basically lost 3.5 months because Trump was busy being Trump.

Just out of curiosity what should Trump have done differently?
    Maybe not joking around about the virus on twitter since january and losing 2+ months before making some serious decision would have been a good start...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    I think there are various things, but the first issue is that he disbanded the pandemic team that the Obama administration had formed. They are the people who would have been responsible for developing and laying the groundwork for safeguards and procedures in terms of how to quarantine people safely, developing testing, working on treatments and vaccines. In normal cases, they would've been the people who would've started acting back in early January when we were getting reports of people testing positive in China. Trump didn't replace these people with his own team, he just completely eliminated the task force.

Trump then was explicitly warned of the dangers many times over (starting in early January) and rather than taking action and bringing in people who are trained to handle these situations, he said it was a hoax and we lost about 3.5 months before we started taking any action. When reports started coming in at the beginning of the year, we should have started working on developing wide scale testing, implementing procedures that hospitals and airports need to follow for dealing with people who test positive, and started stockpiling medical supplies.

These things wouldn't have kept the virus from getting here, but it likely would have greatly mitigated the spread of the virus and allowed us to take action a lot more quickly to try to contain it and it would have allowed hospitals and medical personnel to be better prepared. We could have also started funding immediate research back in January to find treatment and work on a vaccine. We basically lost 3.5 months because Trump was busy being Trump.
    Fortunately the US have some smart people like you, you have my respect

Those are good points. Here’s an article talking about some of the things you stated.

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...st-about-trum/

Are leaders of other countries being blamed? Italy, Spain, France? I’ve seen France has over 13,000 deaths. Iron what do people in France feel about your president? Did he handle it well?

Are leaders of other countries being blamed? Italy, Spain, France? I’ve seen France has over 13,000 deaths. Iron what do people in France feel about your president? Did he handle it well?
    Lol our president is a piece of chit, probably as much as your maybe more, he handled it poorly.

Everybody here hates him.

Trump was warned months ago and he ignored it for financial reasons. The hotel industry depends on people traveling. Then he put out the BS news on anti malaria drugs helping with the virus, which he owns. Many of his advisors in different teams suggested back in December on forming a new team which he ignored. None of this is news to you guys obviously, but it shows how blind and obstinate people still can be on continuously supporting him. People don’t want to admit they were wrong. Human nature. I’m sure BM can chyme in with some good info from that comment. I have been in meetings personally observing him making IDGAF comments about the general public. It’s sad. I cringe seeing his leadership skills. What’s worse is that that joke is going to be re-elected.

"I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Fortunately the US have some smart people like you, you have my respect

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Trump was warned months ago and he ignored it for financial reasons. The hotel industry depends on people traveling. Then he put out the BS news on anti malaria drugs helping with the virus, which he owns. Many of his advisors in different teams suggested back in December on forming a new team which he ignored. None of this is news to you guys obviously, but it shows how blind and obstinate people still can be on continuously supporting him. People don’t want to admit they were wrong. Human nature. I’m sure BM can chyme in with some good info from that comment. I have been in meetings personally observing him making IDGAF comments about the general public. It’s sad. I cringe seeing his leadership skills. What’s worse is that that joke is going to be re-elected.
    Yeah, unfortunately once we make a decision we tend to hunker down and become polarized trying to defend it most of the time. I'm still hopeful he won't be re-elected, but only if people actually turn out to vote. Fingers crossed lol

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Even now people still aren’t listening..

The league office is currently preparing a 25-day, “back-to-basketball plan,” according to ESPN’s Brian Windhorst. Individual workouts would last 11 days under the NBA’s potential plan,*and teams would then come together for a 14-day training camp, per Windhorst. If parts of the nation begin to re-open, the NBA could begin a four-week program to resume the 2019-20 season.*

–*via*Michael Shapiro @ Sports Illustrated

*Top Rumors,*Training camp

This rumor is part of a storyline:*460 more rumors

“In talking to executives and trainers around the league, what they’re looking at is a 25-day return to basketball window,” Windhorst said on ESPN on Sunday.*“An 11-day series of individual workouts. …and then hopefully, if the clearance comes that they can play five-on-five basketball, a 14-day training camp.*So as you hope for the country to heal and the virus to get better, look for at least about a three-and-a-half to four-week return date before you’d ever get back to games.”*

The league office is currently preparing a 25-day, “back-to-basketball plan,” according to ESPN’s Brian Windhorst. Individual workouts would last 11 days under the NBA’s potential plan,*and teams would then come together for a 14-day training camp, per Windhorst. If parts of the nation begin to re-open, the NBA could begin a four-week program to resume the 2019-20 season.*

*Top Rumors,*Training camp

This rumor is part of a storyline:*460 more rumors

“In talking to executives and trainers around the league, what they’re looking at is a 25-day return to basketball window,” Windhorst said on ESPN on Sunday.*“An 11-day series of individual workouts. …and then hopefully, if the clearance comes that they can play five-on-five basketball, a 14-day training camp.*So as you hope for the country to heal and the virus to get better, look for at least about a three-and-a-half to four-week return date before you’d ever get back to games.”*

Yep, this seems fairly plausible. With the daily number of new cases declining over the last week, I think they will move fast so that they are ready to go once the they receive the thumbs up. If we can get basketball back by June or so that would be great.

Yep, this seems fairly plausible. With the daily number of new cases declining over the last week, I think they will move fast so that they are ready to go once the they receive the thumbs up. If we can get basketball back by June or so that would be great.
    A playoffs tournament without fans in arenas will be super weird but it is what it is.

A playoffs tournament without fans in arenas will be super weird but it is what it is.
    Agreed. I guess it’s better than nothing though.

Yeah, unfortunately once we make a decision we tend to hunker down and become polarized trying to defend it most of the time. I'm still hopeful he won't be re-elected, but only if people actually turn out to vote. Fingers crossed lol
    Seriously lol. I like Biden a lot. He is a good guy, but he doesn’t have much charisma. Hope he gets the nod but time will tell.

"I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast