Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    It is what it is. We were given the option to shut it down if we wanted to, and I thought about it but what would be the point if no one else did? I understand that we can not shut it down (I'm talking about the county as a whole).

I'm a firm believer in "We reap what we sow". No one has me living down here. I live down here cause cost of living is so damn cheap. You can make a killing down here with a good job and no vices. Now I have to accept the bad with the good.
    Having accountability is a rare trait my friend. Keep it up and good luck.

"I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

Good news guys. Dolan tested positive for Corona. Maybe the Knicks might be relevant again.

Just kidding guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Yeah it is what is, as long as you're ready to face it, you and your family will get through it. I wish all the best for you and your family, this thing will be gone in the next few weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Having accountability is a rare trait my friend. Keep it up and good luck.
    Thanks guys but I'm not too worried about it. Unless these scientist can come up with an antibiotic very very soon that will make us immune to it, I feel we're all eventually gonna have to face it. Isolating ourselves IMO is just delaying the inevitable.

Then also I think bigger picture: 1) How long for there to be a cure or at least an immunization? 2) When there finally is something how long for they can produce enough nation wide? 3) How are they gonna distribute it? 4) How soon is it gonna be available here in South Texas where Hispanics probably make up 60-65% of the population (maybe more)?

I really doubt this is gonna go away in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks guys but I'm not too worried about it. Unless these scientist can come up with an antibiotic very very soon that will make us immune to it, I feel we're all eventually gonna have to face it. Isolating ourselves IMO is just delaying the inevitable.

Then also I think bigger picture: 1) How long for there to be a cure or at least an immunization? 2) When there finally is something how long for they can produce enough nation wide? 3) How are they gonna distribute it? 4) How soon is it gonna be available here in South Texas where Hispanics probably make up 60-65% of the population (maybe more)?

I really doubt this is gonna go away in the next couple of weeks.
    I think 6 to 8 weeks is realistic.

The best-case scenario is looking like a late June/early July start-up with the idea of the 2020-21 season not commencing until Christmas.*The June 25 NBA Draft would also have to be postponed if the season goes on until late August/September.*

–*via*Marc Berman @ New York Post

Rockets CEO Tad Brown said “we’re going to get this season in,” in an interview with RocketsWire’s Ben DuBose on Saturday, and Houston general manager Daryl Morey echoed the sentiment in a Facebook Q&A on Sunday.*“I don’t know , but we will be back for sure,” Morey said after a virtual watch party for the documentary Where Amazing Happened. “We are prepping for playing Denver in case we go right to playoffs.*…I don’t think we will go right to playoffs, though.”*

–*via*Michael Shapiro @ Sports Illustrated

Though news of the coronavirus pandemic has been discouraging, NBA executives still cling to hope of arranging a one-site, fan-less, 16-team playoff and a five-to-seven-game regular-season prelude, according to multiple NBA sources.*“They’re very determined to have a champion,” one industry source said.*

The playoffs could be reduced to a slew of best-of-three series across the board. A single-game elimination format has been all but ruled out — only under consideration as a last resort.*“Nothing is off the table,” another league official said.*

According to one source, getting some teams to a magical number of 70 regular-season games had been a goal, but in the last week has taken on less of a priority. Regional networks have contracts that call for a minimum 70 games for its local teams. The 70-game contractual marker is in place to make sure marquee franchises aren’t regulars on exclusive national TV games.*

–via*Marc Berman @ New York Post

Thanks for the info Iron.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Thanks for the info Iron.

Mark Medina

@MarkG_Medina

The Lakers players completed their 14-day home isolation. Lakers say that all players are currently symptom free of COVID-19, but they will continue to follow health & safety guidelines set by government officials, NBA & the Lakers

We're only as strong as our weakest link. This isn't a city, county, nation problem - it's now become a world problem. Me personally ain't expecting any truly positive changes anytime soon until the worlds leaders come together and fight this together. (Not gonna happen anytime soon) Even when an immunity gets discovered, is it really gonna become available to every single person in the world for free or very cheap? Who's gonna front that bill?

Just using the US as an example, let's say an immunization does become available and we take care of our own, (Also I find that very hard to believe) what good is it if we're still doing business with countries that haven't made it available to all their people? What about the under developed countries that don't have the means for the immunization? Are the wealthier countries gonna split the bill to get them countries the immunization? Or do them countries get totally black listed from the rest of the world (Also don't see happening)

Sure we should all be as precautious as possible but we also have to be realistic. When I go anywhere I find it ridiculous when I see an obvious couple with the wife wearing a mask and gloves but the husband isn't. What's the point of the woman being as precautious as possible if her husband isn't? Doesn't she know that if her husband gets infected it's just about a guarantee that everyone in the household is gonna get infected?

Thanks Iron for the info about the Lakers completing their 14 day self quarantine but honestly, now what? Conditions didn't get better since they self quarantined, they got worse actually. So do they go back into self quarantine for another 14 days?

Many are trying to make it seem that this virus isn't as bad as other viruses but then why isn't it treated like other viruses? Why is the nation on a standstill? Everyday we were leaving our homes with an "at our own risk" mindset. There's 1000s of diseases out there, robberies, murders, rapings, assaults - but government offices and schools weren't closed down because of them. Is this virus worse then all them or is it just a "fear of the unknown" sort of deal?
    Last edited by McAllen Tx; 04-01-2020 at 06:46 AM.

We're only as strong as our weakest link. This isn't a city, county, nation problem - it's now become a world problem. Me personally ain't expecting any truly positive changes anytime soon until the worlds leaders come together and fight this together. (Not gonna happen anytime soon) Even when an immunity gets discovered, is it really gonna become available to every single person in the world for free or very cheap? Who's gonna front that bill?

Just using the US as an example, let's say an immunization does become available and we take care of our own, (Also I find that very hard to believe) what good is it if we're still doing business with countries that haven't made it available to all their people? What about the under developed countries that don't have the means for the immunization? Are the wealthier countries gonna split the bill to get them countries the immunization? Or do them countries get totally black listed from the rest of the world (Also don't see happening)

Sure we should all be as precautious as possible but we also have to be realistic. When I go anywhere I find it ridiculous when I see an obvious couple with the wife wearing a mask and gloves but the husband isn't. What's the point of the woman being as precautious as possible if her husband isn't? Doesn't she know that if her husband gets infected it's just about a guarantee that everyone in the household is gonna get infected?

Thanks Iron for the info about the Lakers completing their 14 day self quarantine but honestly, now what? Conditions didn't get better since they self quarantined, they got worse actually. So do they go back into self quarantine for another 14 days?

Many are trying to make it seem that this virus isn't as bad as other viruses but then why isn't it treated like other viruses? Why is the nation on a standstill? Everyday we were leaving our homes with an "at our own risk" mindset. There's 1000s of diseases out there, robberies, murders, rapings, assaults - but government offices and schools weren't closed down because of them. Is this virus worse then all them or is it just a "fear of the unknown" sort of deal?
    Wow the lock down is getting at you lol

Calm down my friend, yes we are in the beginning or the middle at best of this crisis, no one here is downplaying this thing because that's what you seem to believe, yes it could last very long but it could last shorter than you think too, truth is nobody knows and when I say nobody I mean nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Wow the lock down is getting at you lol

Calm down my friend, yes we are in the beginning or the middle at best of this crisis, no one here is downplaying this thing because that's what you seem to believe, yes it could last very long but it could last shorter than you think too, truth is nobody knows and when I say nobody I mean nobody.
    Which lock down? The one that "maybe" 50% of Americans are complying with?

Which lock down? The one that "maybe" 50% of Americans are complying with?
    It is what it is, even some scientists like the one (professor Raoult who might have found a cure) are saying that the lock down is pointless, again nobody knows actually.

Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast