Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Mortality rate is currently 3.4% according to WHO. Typical seasonal flu is less then 1%, according to WHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For the flu it's .1% and you are correct about the present mortality rate, but it's well acknowledged by health officials that this number is a gross overestimation of the true mortality rate, because there is likely a much larger proportion of people who have gotten the virus but who didn't show any symptoms and as a result they never got tested. Health officials estimate that once this number is accounted for, the death rate will be around .5% to 1%, which is still higher than the flu, but nowhere near the present mortality rate.

Check out this article:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/coronav...bZfPc2wqPYMxnM

Way more people likely have it but havenít been tested yet so the death rate is likely lower.

Speaking of WHO.. and the people in here who value their pets at home:

@DiageoLiam19h
    The World Health Organization has announced that dogs cannot contract Covid-19. Dogs previously held in quarantine can now be released. To be clear, WHO let the dogs out.

https://twitter.com/DiageoLiam/statu...21117941596161

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Per shams and Woj, the nba season suspended. No timeline set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is all your fault Mr Kawhi to the Lakers confirmed because his friends told me

https://twitter.com/ShawnMatianEsq/s...32997750816768

@ShawnMatianEsq
    Adam Silverís signature is just ďAdamĒ? I guess thatís one way to go about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    Speaking of WHO.. and the people in here who value their pets at home:

@DiageoLiam19h
    The World Health Organization has announced that dogs cannot contract Covid-19. Dogs previously held in quarantine can now be released. To be clear, WHO let the dogs out.

https://twitter.com/DiageoLiam/statu...21117941596161
    Lol

Did someone say no hookers?

Lol. bad enough there is no sports, especially basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Good time to hit G1 up for a loan, he will be having alot of extra cash
    Pepinoís!!!

Brad Turner

@BA_Turner

Sources: Lakers players came away from conference call with GM Rob Pelonka, Coach Frank Vogel that NBA owners want to finish regular and postseason, even if goes to late June, July or August.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    I think a major problem was this clown making fun of it, countless videos of him joking about it or making it seem like a hoax. It was poor in every way, and Iím not sure how you can defend it tbh.... I donít want to get into politics because for me two wings on the same bird, meant to divide us and honestly we need to come together more than ever now.
    Agreed bro. Itís a fine line I dance with some of these guys and I try to stay away from the bipartisan perspective and do my job on advising, but it gets though when someone has no respect for anyone; not even himself. Itís not breaking news on how he handled this by minimizing it in such a way. It is what it is. Iím glad the sporting community has handled it very efficiently and quickly. Major props to Silver for making a swift and correct decision to decrease transmission rates. Others have followed. By also public figures contracting the virus and seem to be fine with it, might help decrease the fear and hysteria surrounding this bug.

"I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowX View Post
    Its an absolute disgrace what other countries did by not limiting their risk. They are suffering a lot more than the US because we had the balls to shut down the borders immediately. Most of the newer outbreaks are travelers who came from Europe. I'm glad we shut that border down immediately and try to contain the outbreak. The best way is to isolate the areas affected and to treat the affected victims.

The FDA has approved many waivers in order to bring in vaccines for the Covid19 to the public as soon as possible. They are doing everything right to contain a world wide pandemic. It would have been much worse if we didn't implemented the restriction on travel to China immediately as soon as the disease was determined to be a serious threat. I give credit to the people with the balls to make these decisions in the middle of the impeachment witch hunt. While they were focused on that BS, these actions were taken to protect American lives.

We are still not out of the woods, but having a good containment policy has helped limit the spread of the disease. I'm sure we will overcome it as a nation and these policy changes are important to protect us. There will be lessons learned and one of the change we need to make is to bring back manufacturing and other industries back into the US so we can produce our own drugs. The vast majority of the active and inactive drug ingredients are made in China, India and Pakistan. Without building our own production capabilities, we may be at risk with future pandemics since we have to rely on foreign sources for our drugs.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Wow so you're a war hero General, a psychologist and now a scientist. I'm guessing in another month or 2, when somethings going on in space is when you let us all know that you're also an astronaut.
    Iím not a General. Bachelors in Microbiology, Masters in Mycology, PhD in Psych. If you really care. My first love was Microbiology but the military came first. Minimizing others doesnít make look any more or less important. I also saw your comments earlier. Good luck bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Yeah, I think one of the big issues causing panic is that people are interpreting the measures to contain and slow the spread of the virus as an indicator that it is a massive threat to life. The measures are more to try to contain and slow it so that hospitals don't get overwhelmed. Based on the data, the overwhelming massive majority of people who get it will be fine. Everyone should still be cautious, particularly the elderly and those with compromised immune systems, but people need to stop panicking.
    Exactly. Slow the progress down until out infrastructure is more organized and actually gets the test kits to even test for the organism. My county just received only 300 test kits just yesterday. Itís still in its infancy. Preliminary vaccines are already being tested but then there is that roadblock called the FDA and liability.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Yeah, it should allow guys to rest up. I'm thinking we'll pick play back up in 30 days or maybe they'll decide to wait another 1-2 weeks after that and then pick it up. I doubt that they'll cancel the entire season over this though. LBJ is right though, 2020 is off to a pretty brutal start thus far. Hopefully this means we only go up from here lol
    Seriously. Locusts are next.

Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast