Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 646
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    17,033
    NCAA tournament has been cancelled.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,368
    Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    Trump is an egomaniac so are his followers! He is is racist and gives a crap about people of color! He cares only about money and the rich people that he represent.
    Calm down Kimosabe. You sound like Kanye and his "Bush doesn't care about black people" comments. He has tried to reduce payroll taxes and other economic stimulus and the Democrats added pork and refused to approve the bill. He immediately closed border with China and now with Europe. If it was up to Democrats, we would have a lot more cases by now. It spread like wildfire in China due to the Chinese New Years. People literally stop for almost a month and travel throughout the country to return home. It was equivalent to a virus nuclear bomb.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    At least we know where your vote goes.
    Vs a socialist and Biden.....yes Trump. Has my vote. BUT i was pissed Trump won Republican party because i thought dude was a fake republican. Was a democrat. Wanted Ben Carson. Saying all that this is why i can say hate blinds people or they get their education from liberal news because he has actually done a damm good job. Thats what facts show. Thats what my tax return shows and being a member of middle class i feel good. Hey everyone has their own opinion but its 100% not his fault this corona **** is so hyped and that it broke out. There was no way this was gonna be contained.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,368
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    I think we can all agree that trump is a highly incompetent president (and probably everyone in here would do a much better job than him, including you NFLNBA)...but this is not a political forum so no need to get into that topic.
    Sorry, there are a lot of people who has different opinions as compared to you. We are getting record pay increases as compared to the past due to the improving economy. You can't really pin a virus epidemic on a president's performance. He literally shut off the border immediately to the affected area and all of China other than emergency for non-citizens. If you were citizen, they would quarantine people when you come back from affected areas. The problem is that Europe and other trash countries allowed travel to continue and the effect is that pockets from other countries without closures came into America. You will never stop a flu pandemic and all you can do is to contain it as best you can and find a vaccine immediately.

    In terms of mortality rate and other critical issues, the Wuhan Virus has caused a lot less deaths as a percentage as compared to H1N1 and other previous flu epidemics. As a comparision, the 1918 Spanish Flu killed 20% of the people affected by the disease and almost 25% of the people in the United States came down with the flu. Overall, almost 5% of the world population died during that epidemic. Over 20 to 50 million people died from the flu around 1918 to 1919 alone. The main problem is that China has been actively manipulating their numbers and preventing the CDC from helping them contain the problem. The disease spread rate will naturally decrease when the seasons get warmer. In America, the flu and other diseases spread the most during the holiday season when people travel throughout the country to visit family. Since that has already passed and people are more afraid of public transportation, the spread rate will not be as high as the holiday season. Since the increase rate has not been exponential, it means you will have pockets of infection but the spread rate is not uncontrolled.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,084
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowX View Post
    Sorry, there are a lot of people who has different opinions as compared to you. We are getting record pay increases as compared to the past due to the improving economy. You can't really pin a virus epidemic on a president's performance. He literally shut off the border immediately to the affected area and all of China other than emergency for non-citizens. If you were citizen, they would quarantine people when you come back from affected areas. The problem is that Europe and other trash countries allowed travel to continue and the effect is that pockets from other countries without closures came into America. You will never stop a flu pandemic and all you can do is to contain it as best you can and find a vaccine immediately.

    In terms of mortality rate and other critical issues, the Wuhan Virus has caused a lot less deaths as a percentage as compared to H1N1 and other previous flu epidemics. As a comparision, the 1918 Spanish Flu killed 20% of the people affected by the disease and almost 25% of the people in the United States came down with the flu. Overall, almost 5% of the world population died during that epidemic. Over 20 to 50 million people died from the flu around 1918 to 1919 alone. The main problem is that China has been actively manipulating their numbers and preventing the CDC from helping them contain the problem. The disease spread rate will naturally decrease when the seasons get warmer. In America, the flu and other diseases spread the most during the holiday season when people travel throughout the country to visit family. Since that has already passed and people are more afraid of public transportation, the spread rate will not be as high as the holiday season. Since the increase rate has not been exponential, it means you will have pockets of infection but the spread rate is not uncontrolled.
    I'm not referring to how he handled this (that was clearly bad), but he could've handled it great and it wouldn't change that he's still the most incompetent, unqualified president in the history of this country (and he wins this distinction by a landslide). As for those record pay increases you're referring to, they aren't all that record breaking when you factor in inflation...it's also worth noting, which anyone who pays any kind of attention has surly already noticed, that the booming economy has entirely been the byproduct of the previous administration. Lastly, this isn't a political forum so stop posting this kind of nonsense on here.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 03-12-2020 at 05:07 PM.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,368
    I hope the NBA would just allow the teams to play and just broadcast the games on TV. For now, only teams in contested rank in the 5-10 place have a couple of games against each other to determine who will make the playoffs. Once that is done, the playoffs will happen in closed broadcast games. I'm sure the history would record the championship team with an asterisk similar to the lockout season in 1998-199 or 2011-2012.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    15,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    That's what is happening right now.
    Right and CNN was *****ing about it last night.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    I'm not referring to how he handled this (that was clearly bad), but he could've handled it great and it wouldn't change that he's still the most incompetent, unqualified president in the history of this country (and he wins this distinction by a landslide). As for those record pay increases you're referring to, they aren't all that record breaking when you factor in inflation...it's also worth noting, which anyone who pays any kind of attention has surly already noticed, that the booming economy has entirely been the byproduct of the previous administration. Lastly, this isn't a political forum so stop posting this kind of nonsense on here.
    Guess you will think his 2020 election will be because of his landslide incompetence lol. I can see how much of The view, CNN and Dom Lenon you watch. You use all there words to a T lol

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,084
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLNBA View Post
    Guess you will think his 2020 election will be because of his landslide incompetence lol. I can see how much of The view, CNN and Dom Lenon you watch. You use all there words to a T lol
    Look dude, for the last time this isn't a political forum so take that nonsense somewhere else. If you want to talk about basketball or the lakers or how the coronavirus is affecting these things than this is the place. If you want to peddle this type of garbage then take it to a political forum.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    15,496
    People are straight up losing their damn minds over this. The flu has killed more people this season..

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    9,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Yep, the number is almost certainly much higher, which means the mortality rate is likely much, much lower. Here is an article addressing the issue, which I personally agree with it's characterization.

    https://www.wsj.com/articles/coronav...4GFJocabfRU0J0
    ya thanks for the article. I got reports saying about the same thing but people are still going to panic. My recommendation to you all is to invest in the stock market now and you will make thousands in a month or two LOL.

    The Chinese are getting us back for ****ing with them with the trade war LOL. I'm kidding guys.

    "I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    9,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Another important thing to keep in mind when judging the severity of the problem is not to look at the overall number of cases and deaths, as these figures will continue to rise. Instead, look at the proportion of increase from one time point to another. This figure will give you a better idea of the effectiveness of the measures that are being undertaken and whether the issue is improving.
    LOL you guys are going to laugh at this (especially Tex calling it BS) but I do have a Masters in Medical Microbiology. My specialty was more with Mycology (study of yeasts and molds) but I can give some input.

    BM is correct. Just continue clean and safe practices and encourage your elderly and compromised family members to stay inside and not be in public for now until this passes over. And stop buying the ****ing toilet paper. Can't find any and I am using my cat to wipe my ars.

    "I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    15,496
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    LOL you guys are going to laugh at this (especially Tex calling it BS) but I do have a Masters in Medical Microbiology. My specialty was more with Mycology (study of yeasts and molds) but I can give some input.

    BM is correct. Just continue clean and safe practices and encourage your elderly and compromised family members to stay inside and not be in public for now until this passes over. And stop buying the ****ing toilet paper. Can't find any and I am using my cat to wipe my ars.
    Lol!!

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    9,706
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Trump messed up bad
    The US has reacted very slowly to this


    Saying heís a bad guy isnít political. Heís objectively an awful person , you can agree with things heís done for some reason but it doesnít change that.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm not a Trump fan bro but the U.S. has historically been poor to respond in these situations. Even with the encouragement of the President's advisers, still the response has been slow.

    "I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    9,706
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    People are straight up losing their damn minds over this. The flu has killed more people this season..
    It's just people are paying closer attention to it than before. Mass hysteria has an affect on ballooning this pandemic in a more exaggerated response. No need to panic guys. Unless you have COPD (for example), which you would be susceptible to the flu also.
    Last edited by WhiteShadow42; 03-12-2020 at 05:51 PM.

    "I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •