Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    82 even 70 games are pointless, make it a 60-65 games season forever and we're good, plus we would see less load management.
    I would be very surprised if that happened permanently. Maybe 40 years ago when the NBA wasn't making the money it is now. Too much money involved for games to be reduced that much.

"I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    I would be very surprised if that happened permanently. Maybe 40 years ago when the NBA wasn't making the money it is now. Too much money involved for games to be reduced that much.
    Yep you're right it will probably never happen but still those extra 15 games should be cut.

**** shortening the season. Those ******* should play unless theyíre hurt. I gotta gives props to LBJ for playing this season when there was plenty of chances for him to load manage.

Theyíll keep it at 82 games and loading tampons into their vaginas management will also continue.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    **** shortening the season. Those ******* should play unless theyíre hurt. I gotta gives props to LBJ for playing this season when there was plenty of chances for him to load manage.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Theyíll keep it at 82 games and loading tampons into their vaginas management will also continue.
    I respectfully disagree.

NBA season has been suspended

I respectfully disagree.
    Thatís cool. This season they will probably shorten it and next season also to make up for lost time in this one but I donít think they shorten the season after that.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Thatís cool. This season they will probably shorten it and next season also to make up for lost time in this one but I donít think they shorten the season after that.
    They might not do it but they should imo.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    From what we are seeing right now end of June or beginning of July is a good probability. I won't be surprised if it's beginning of August just to be safe. One thing to take into consideration is the warmer weather. If this virus acts like its cousins, then it would subside much faster. Time will tell bro. Good to hear from you. How are things going on the family front, if I may ask?
    Yeah, I think it depends on how safe they want to be. My intuition is that most things will re-open towards the end of may or maybe early June, but with sports, there's much larger crowds so I could definitely see them waiting longer (hopefully sooner rather than later, but only if it's safe of course).

I'm good bro, I'm in a small town in the midwest (I'm presently at Iowa State) until I move this summer to NY so things haven't really been bad at all here. Hope you and your family are staying safe during this time.

They might not do it but they should imo.
    The league and the players will make less money if they shorten the season down from 82 games..

The league and the players will make less money if they shorten the season down from 82 games..
    Yeah that's why they will probably never do it, but they should, 82 games is too many games and that's why load management was created.

Jared Dudley:*@PoohJeter Man we need to know the details over there in China?!!!! How normal is it now compared too before the virus? What precautions are they taking to make sure thereís not another outbreak?? Are you able to training with your teammates now ?? Letís us know bro!**

Ė*viaTwitter*JaredDudley619

*China,*Jared Dudley,*Pooh Jeter,*Los Angeles Lakers

Pooh Jeter:*Bro itís starting to be normal over here in China. You have to get your temperature checked EVERYWHERE now. China is taking this very serious right now. And yes, my team is practicing. 5 on 5. Weíre just waiting to see when the league is going to start back up.*

Ė*via*Twitter*PoohJeter

Shams Charania: Thereís definitely a lot of optimism. A lot of the owners, GMs, players, they all want to have a season. And in conversations behind the scenes, whether itís with the league or the NBPA with their players, etc, everyone understands how much money is at stake and again, this isnít done for the money.*At the end of the day, they canít throw these guys out there if there are health risks at stake, and they wonít. But the understanding of how much money still is on the line for the season, for to crown a champion in an abbreviated season, I think that will always keep the hope alive for trying to have a season.*

Ė*viaAthletes Unfiltered

True that. Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Yeah, I think it depends on how safe they want to be. My intuition is that most things will re-open towards the end of may or maybe early June, but with sports, there's much larger crowds so I could definitely see them waiting longer (hopefully sooner rather than later, but only if it's safe of course).

I'm good bro, I'm in a small town in the midwest (I'm presently at Iowa State) until I move this summer to NY so things haven't really been bad at all here. Hope you and your family are staying safe during this time.
    We are good also. We are in central coast of California. Not too many cases here at this point.

Regarding the NBA opening up. If we want big crowds, then it should wait longer.

Only way the season gets going sooner than later is if all the players are isolated in the same place with team personnel and coaches; and they play in the same arena. The one in Vegas is a neutral place. No crowds. Obviously all parties involved would have to test negative for the virus. Since all people involved have been quarantining for about 3 weeks now, they can start this format of the games pretty soon. Not the best scenario and we will lose our home court advantage with seeding but the NBA will start sooner. What do you think?

Shams Charania: Thereís definitely a lot of optimism. A lot of the owners, GMs, players, they all want to have a season. And in conversations behind the scenes, whether itís with the league or the NBPA with their players, etc, everyone understands how much money is at stake and again, this isnít done for the money.*At the end of the day, they canít throw these guys out there if there are health risks at stake, and they wonít. But the understanding of how much money still is on the line for the season, for to crown a champion in an abbreviated season, I think that will always keep the hope alive for trying to have a season.*

Ė*viaAthletes Unfiltered

Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast