Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
    I agree that these kids that aren't ready being drafted has hurt the overall product on the court but I'm not against it. IMO if a kid wants to enter the draft right out of HS (nvm 1 & done) that's his choice. If a team is willing to take a chance on them then that's their choice.

Even of he bombs out after his rookie contract at least he's already made between $5-15 million before the age of 23. They aren't guaranteed that money going to college.

The thing that bothers me the most about today's game are the players that don't want to honor their contracts. And not only that but they want to dictate where they get traded.

Players do have the power to totally dictate where they play every season, they just have to sign 1 year contracts.

I'm not an LBJ fan but I do respect the fact that he has honored everyone of his contracts. Two players that I have lost a lot of respect for are Kawhi and AD. Don't question their game/talent but I do their man card.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    I've been watching the classic games they've been showing on NBATV and I have to say, I couldn't agree more with your post! The entire time I'm watching these games, even from as early as 10 years ago, but really going back to the 70's games they've been showing and I just keep thinking to myself, "wow, the game used to be so much better". Like it's night and day the quality of play before to what it is now. Your post basically captures my sentiment over the past 5 years or so of basketball.

I used to think that maybe it was because the lakers were so bad during that time that I wasn't enjoying the games as much, but now we're an elite team and I feel even more like this than before. I dare say that the WNBA games are at the very least more interesting to watch, because they still play fundamental basketball. When I watch the NBA now, it seems like a glorified pick up game at a rec center with a bunch of really skilled, really elite athletes. I definitely miss baseball, which has withstood the test of time and is still a beautiful game. Basketball on the other hand has unfortunately become the worst sport in America. I still watch, but it's become more out of habit and loyalty than because the game is enjoyable to watch.

I still miss basketball, but the level of play is so low now a days that it's difficult to sit through a game (about 90% of games look like preseason games). One big factor that's really decreased the quality of players and play is that now everyone comes out of college after one year. Before it was only the most elite players that came out early (and even this was rare). It's led to far younger players coming out who aren't physically or mentally mature and who don't really have a well-developed skillset and don't know how to play the game yet. What it results in is most guys not being able to produce at a high level until their 4th or 5th year in the league (which means a massive proportion of players in the league today don't belong in the NBA yet and aren't really fully ready until around their 4th year or so, which by no coincidence is around when they would be in their rookie season had they stayed full 4 years in college). What we have now is basically a bunch of kids who have no business being in the league and who don't end up playing watchable basketball until they turn 22 or 23 or so.
    This.

I would say playoff Basketball is still pretty good. The game slows down and more veteran teams are in the playoffs so better fundamentals. I hated when players could just get into the NBA from high school but after 1 year of college is not much better. At least 3 years in college. These college coaches teach great fundamentals. They shouldn't have to learn them in the NBA. I like the dynamic of the 3 pointer but not jacking up 40 per game like the Rockets. That brand of ball should be banned from the league.

"I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    I agree that these kids that aren't ready being drafted has hurt the overall product on the court but I'm not against it. IMO if a kid wants to enter the draft right out of HS (nvm 1 & done) that's his choice. If a team is willing to take a chance on them then that's their choice.

Even of he bombs out after his rookie contract at least he's already made between $5-15 million before the age of 23. They aren't guaranteed that money going to college.

The thing that bothers me the most about today's game are the players that don't want to honor their contracts. And not only that but they want to dictate where they get traded.

Players do have the power to totally dictate where they play every season, they just have to sign 1 year contracts.

I'm not an LBJ fan but I do respect the fact that he has honored everyone of his contracts. Two players that I have lost a lot of respect for are Kawhi and AD. Don't question their game/talent but I do their man card.
    I hear what you are saying about honoring your contract, and I agree with that. The only comment I have (playing devil's advocate here), is that teams shouldn't have control over their draft picks for 8 years, but I guess it was to eliminate everyone of these players going to large markets at age 23-24. Since we are a large market, I don't have that perspective from a small market fan. I also don't want to post this on the NBA forum either in order to get small market fan's perspective. I rather get the virus.

"I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    I hear what you are saying about honoring your contract, and I agree with that. The only comment I have (playing devil's advocate here), is that teams shouldn't have control over their draft picks for 8 years, but I guess it was to eliminate everyone of these players going to large markets at age 23-24. Since we are a large market, I don't have that perspective from a small market fan. I also don't want to post this on the NBA forum either in order to get small market fan's perspective. I rather get the virus.
    Actually it's only 5. Players can sign a QO on their 5th season and become an unrestricted free agent after their 5th season. But just about everyone sign a 4 year extension beginning their 5th year that runs through year 8. They do that, that's on them.

One of the leagues perks to encourage players to stay with the drafting team for 8 years.
    Last edited by McAllen Tx; 05-06-2020 at 09:51 PM.

Yo,.its been a while since I've visited. A lot of stuff been going on with work, kids, no school, the plandemic... etc.

Is AD really going to leave the Lakers? I saw that article a while back he was planning to see his home in LA? Any truth to this madness?

Hope you all are staying safe!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

[/SIGPIC]
    [/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Game View Post
    Yo,.its been a while since I've visited. A lot of stuff been going on with work, kids, no school, the plandemic... etc.

Is AD really going to leave the Lakers? I saw that article a while back he was planning to see his home in LA? Any truth to this madness?

Hope you all are staying safe!

I think he's gonna move into LBJs pool house.

Lakers plan to open practice facility on May 16

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/artic...16-627157.html

Yeah, definitely from an individual perspective it's a great move for someone to go to the NBA. If I could play 1-5 years in the league, get paid, and completely suck I would do it in a heartbeat lol. My issue is more from a fan who sees a weaker product because of it. I think The NBA should probably do something where there is some kind of real farm system and players have to meet certain milestones in the farm league before theyre allowed play in the league...or maybe after a few months a completion committee can take a vote and see if theyre ready to play in the league. I'm just not a fan of watching about 1/3 of the league's players not being ready to play in the league, but I do agree that its the right move from the players' perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    This.

I would say playoff Basketball is still pretty good. The game slows down and more veteran teams are in the playoffs so better fundamentals. I hated when players could just get into the NBA from high school but after 1 year of college is not much better. At least 3 years in college. These college coaches teach great fundamentals. They shouldn't have to learn them in the NBA. I like the dynamic of the 3 pointer but not jacking up 40 per game like the Rockets. That brand of ball should be banned from the league.
    Yeah, playoff basketball is still good for sure and I really look forward to it. I just wish more teams got back to playing winning basketball during the season. It used to be that when two elite teams were playing I would get really excited to watch because it was going to be a great game (especially if it was around the midway part of the season or later) and the game would be great. Now Im usually disappointed when these types of games come up because both teams play horrible ball most of the game and then there is an exciting finish, but the game is usually so bad. I do think that eventually a really good team will be put together that plays winning basketball and eventually the rest of the league will have a eureka moment and start adopting that style of play, but in the meanwhile we'll have to sit through the weak regular season play lol. I do agree though, playoff basketball is still typically really good.

I miss Lakers basketball big time, Iíll watch certain games here and there, like I do tune into Pelicans games but agreed the game has turned soft. I enjoy l playoffs a lot but again depending on certain matchups. Right now I just miss sports in general, lock down has been hard but taking away sports has completely sucked. Hope we get it back sometime soon

I think he's gonna move into LBJs pool house.
    I'm not opposed to that idea as long as he stays with the Lakers!

Guys like James Harden have ruined the game imo. He should be James Soften for all intensive purposes.

I haven't truly enjoyed NBA basketball since Kobe was in his prime years. I doubt I will since all we see is a free throw fest.

Hopefully the Raiders are legit this season.

[/SIGPIC]
    [/IMG]

I think that was ADís second house tbh I believe itís 99% chance that AD stays and re-signs with the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    I think that was ADís second house tbh I believe itís 99% chance that AD stays and re-signs with the Lakers.
    Yeah he isn't going anywhere. He's in the perfect spot for him, playing 2nd fiddle to one of the NBAs 5 true alphas. Himgoing somewhere else he will be expected to lead and he knows that's just not him.

I don't think he signs the full 4 year extension though. I'm thinking the 3 year with a PO for the 3rd year like Kawhi just signed. That way he can opt out of his contract when LBJ becomes a free agent. Pretty good leverage to get LBJ 1 final expensive extension. Just win the championship and IDGAF how much they get paid.

Yeah he isn't going anywhere. He's in the perfect spot for him, playing 2nd fiddle to one of the NBAs 5 true alphas. Himgoing somewhere else he will be expected to lead and he knows that's just not him.

I don't think he signs the full 4 year extension though. I'm thinking the 3 year with a PO for the 3rd year like Kawhi just signed. That way he can opt out of his contract when LBJ becomes a free agent. Pretty good leverage to get LBJ 1 final expensive extension. Just win the championship and IDGAF how much they get paid.
    This.

AD Gone!

Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast