Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 405 of 646
  1. #391
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nice
    Posts
    28,156
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Is it basketball season yet?
    It's coming.

  2. #392
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    9,489
    The season canít come fast enough. And who the **** is Felicia.

    "I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

  3. #393
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,923
    Hope all are staying safe...things wont really feel somewhat normal until basketball is back. At least for me...lol.

    Any word on which Lakers had the virus?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk


    [/SIGPIC]
    [/IMG]

  4. #394
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    15,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Swift Game View Post
    Hope all are staying safe...things wont really feel somewhat normal until basketball is back. At least for me...lol.

    Any word on which Lakers had the virus?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Dwight and Kuz. They are currently quarantined together playing dress up.

  5. #395
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,895
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    The season canít come fast enough. And who the **** is Felicia.
    https://youtu.be/FVPm1JxRcSs

  6. #396
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    9,489
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Dwight and Kuz. They are currently quarantined together playing dress up.
    Lol

    "I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

  7. #397
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    9,489
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Lol. Forgot about her.

    "I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

  8. #398
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    This is an obvious stat with the 3rd most populated country in the world.

    You can be both worried about people's health and if the NBA will resume, one does not prevent the other.
    True

    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    LOL that sucks. People really don't care for one another and one day (if not now), mankind will lose. People near you wont care until the numbers start going up. Our area is pretty good. People are staying in mostly. Very little people out. I just drove around my son in my 1970 Mustang for fun. He was getting cabin fever. We do have an older population where I live though. Hope you and your family are good and everyone makes it through this.

    Interestingly my wife's vet clinic is still open. The city is ok with that. It also helps that the our city supervisor and mayor are clients of my wife's. The owners are not even coming out. The staff goes and picks up the animals with full anti virus gear on and they wipe down the animals before entering the clinic, then my wife calls the owners with her update. They are not even taking any payments by hand, just calling in credit card numbers. This feels like a movie or something. It's crazy.
    Oh man the "stay home" lockdown here in the RGV is a complete joke. Don't get me wrong and think I'm saying everyone needs to just stay home for 2 weeks cause I know we all need to work. Most people can't take 2 weeks off. I'm just saying that I don't see no way this virus is gonna go away anytime soon. I try and be as precautious as possible when interacting with other people but just using myself as an example - I drive to our job site with 4 other guys in a double cab truck. We got a rule in our crew that we need to be clean and it looks like so, but I don't know what they really do at home. I don't know who they go out with our whom or where they've been. All my crew have family in Mexico, me personally don't go as much as them nor does my family come as much as theirs (not even close). But being realistic, it's only a matter of time.

    And I'm not even tripping on that cause I'm sure me and my family are healthy enough to get through it, but then how many people would the 5 of us come into contact enough for them to get the virus? And so on and so on. This is why I see that now that the virus is at the very bottom of the US, it going back up.

  9. #399
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nice
    Posts
    28,156
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    True



    Oh man the "stay home" lockdown here in the RGV is a complete joke. Don't get me wrong and think I'm saying everyone needs to just stay home for 2 weeks cause I know we all need to work. Most people can't take 2 weeks off. I'm just saying that I don't see no way this virus is gonna go away anytime soon. I try and be as precautious as possible when interacting with other people but just using myself as an example - I drive to our job site with 4 other guys in a double cab truck. We got a rule in our crew that we need to be clean and it looks like so, but I don't know what they really do at home. I don't know who they go out with our whom or where they've been. All my crew have family in Mexico, me personally don't go as much as them nor does my family come as much as theirs (not even close). But being realistic, it's only a matter of time.

    And I'm not even tripping on that cause I'm sure me and my family are healthy enough to get through it, but then how many people would the 5 of us come into contact enough for them to get the virus? And so on and so on. This is why I see that now that the virus is at the very bottom of the US, it going back up.
    Wow that's not good at all to prevent you and your family to get that virus, but since you're ready to face it, so be it.

    Right here in South France, we're locked in since 2 weeks already and for another 2 weeks, probably 4...

  10. #400
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    15,416
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Ummmm OK, I guess that's why I never mention you unless I'm posting to you while you take little jabs at me fron time to time. Wasn't it you asking where I'm at when our (you not included) Lakers signed Morris?

    That's why it takes me 2 mins to answer your lame arse comebacks and move on but it takes you 2 days to come up with "I know you are but what am I". Outside of LBJ, your thought level is on par with 2nd graders.

    Do yourself a favor and just move on. Bye Felicia
    Lol no that wasnít me saying where you at. Case in point.

  11. #401
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    9,489
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    True



    Oh man the "stay home" lockdown here in the RGV is a complete joke. Don't get me wrong and think I'm saying everyone needs to just stay home for 2 weeks cause I know we all need to work. Most people can't take 2 weeks off. I'm just saying that I don't see no way this virus is gonna go away anytime soon. I try and be as precautious as possible when interacting with other people but just using myself as an example - I drive to our job site with 4 other guys in a double cab truck. We got a rule in our crew that we need to be clean and it looks like so, but I don't know what they really do at home. I don't know who they go out with our whom or where they've been. All my crew have family in Mexico, me personally don't go as much as them nor does my family come as much as theirs (not even close). But being realistic, it's only a matter of time.

    And I'm not even tripping on that cause I'm sure me and my family are healthy enough to get through it, but then how many people would the 5 of us come into contact enough for them to get the virus? And so on and so on. This is why I see that now that the virus is at the very bottom of the US, it going back up.
    Very true Tex. We canít keep on doing this for another 10 months or so until the vaccine is ready. There are talks until maybe Easter then slowly ramp things back up. They are hoping local areas have set up proper infrastructures
    and have enough equipment to deal with the epidemic. People are starting to realize that we have to let the virus run itís course sooner than later. Can we go on for another month? Government doesnít think so but the Governers are going to fight. Itís going to be a critical next 2-3 weeks. To say that we were inept in dealing with this is an understatement.

    "I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

  12. #402
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Wow that's not good at all to prevent you and your family to get that virus, but since you're ready to face it, so be it.

    Right here in South France, we're locked in since 2 weeks already and for another 2 weeks, probably 4...
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Very true Tex. We canít keep on doing this for another 10 months or so until the vaccine is ready. There are talks until maybe Easter then slowly ramp things back up. They are hoping local areas have set up proper infrastructures
    and have enough equipment to deal with the epidemic. People are starting to realize that we have to let the virus run itís course sooner than later. Can we go on for another month? Government doesnít think so but the Governers are going to fight. Itís going to be a critical next 2-3 weeks. To say that we were inept in dealing with this is an understatement.
    It is what it is. We were given the option to shut it down if we wanted to, and I thought about it but what would be the point if no one else did? I understand that we can not shut it down (I'm talking about the county as a whole).

    I'm a firm believer in "We reap what we sow". No one has me living down here. I live down here cause cost of living is so damn cheap. You can make a killing down here with a good job and no vices. Now I have to accept the bad with the good.

  13. #403
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Yeah, I agree that we're talking about different aspects of responsibility. I actually don't work in a hospital, I do have a PhD in cognitive psychology and cognitive neuroscience and I am a professor/scientist so my expertise comes more in terms of how to analyze and interpret the numbers we're seeing more so than the ins and outs of actual biology behind the virus.

    From my limited reading of the literature on the virus, this is similar to other flu type of viruses in that once a few days or in severe cases weeks have passed you'll rebound and be more or less back to normal (i.e., it's not like HIV). The reason this virus seems to have a more adverse affect on a select group of people than something like the flu is likely because we have no immunity to it so the body doesn't have any defenses against it. Our immune systems have memories (of sorts) where they can code and remember certain viruses. That's why inoculations such as vaccines work, because they introduce the virus into our system and then our immune system learns to detect it and builds an immunity to it (that's the gist level explanation but there's a lot more elegant details to it than that, which I'm sure someone like WS could explain).

    As to whether the virus can come around a second time and infect people who were not infected the first time around, I would think the answer is yes, unless for some reason they're naturally immune to it and that's why they aren't getting infected (some experts hypothesize that most of the population is immune to it and that's why more people haven't been infected, but this is just speculation at this point). If they were already infected and it comes back around, then a lot of scientists and experts are hopeful that those individuals will already be inoculated against it, but since it's so early in the process we won't really know the answer to this question for a few years. It seems the virus is actually mutating (as all viruses do) and so now there are two strains of it out there so it is plausible that someone who caught one strain of the virus could then catch the other strain at a later point. However, if this were to happen, there's a pretty good chance that the reaction wouldn't be as severe as the first time, because your body would hopefully have built up some immunity to it by this point from the first time around, but people like the elderly and those with compromised immune systems will always be at higher risk because their defenses are already diminished.
    Thanks for answering. I guess it's LakersLegend42 that works in a hospital. I get both of you mixed up cause you both post long informative posts. I really like the information you two bring.

  14. #404
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,379
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Thanks for answering. I guess it's LakersLegend42 that works in a hospital. I get both of you mixed up cause you both post long informative posts. I really like the information you two bring.

  15. #405
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nice
    Posts
    28,156
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    It is what it is. We were given the option to shut it down if we wanted to, and I thought about it but what would be the point if no one else did? I understand that we can not shut it down (I'm talking about the county as a whole).

    I'm a firm believer in "We reap what we sow". No one has me living down here. I live down here cause cost of living is so damn cheap. You can make a killing down here with a good job and no vices. Now I have to accept the bad with the good.
    Yeah it is what is, as long as you're ready to face it, you and your family will get through it. I wish all the best for you and your family, this thing will be gone in the next few weeks.

Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •