Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 96 of 207 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 3105
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    there are so many fallacies in this logic. not sure where to begin.

1- what if we want to not catch it ourselves. we should have n 95 masks? if we get tested- can we not wear a regular mask?

2-certain particles in the air dont go out of a home made mask... but it still goes in? what if you turned the mask inside out? does it matter what material is used?

just not sure why more questions are not being asked. it clearly doesnt all add up.

more importantly though- why was there a shift in this info over a few weeks?
    It actually begins with your lack of understanding. Which is the problem. There is no logical fallacy there at all.

1. Yes, in a perfect world that would be the case. There are not enough of these masks at the moment for front line workers, let alone for every person. You can wear a regular mask, because it protects others from the your droplets. It isn't perfect, but if it traps 50% of your droplets, that's a big change to how contagious you are.

2. Different masks ventilate differently. Same as your furnace filters. Exact same idea, but on a different scale. The cheapest most widely available masks let many more particles through, bigger particles even. More expensive masks can prevent smaller particles from getting through, things the size of bacteria or viruses which are much smaller than say drywall particles. An N95 should be fit tested before being used properly. Dust masks, not so much because they allow so many particles through anyways.

More questions are being asked, because many people know this stuff. Anyone that works with any hazardous chemicals in any of the GHS countries should have at least a basic understanding of this. That's a lot of people.

The shift in this info was the change in the perception. The masks we knew, weren't necessarily preventing you from getting it. So people thought they were worthless. Once people realized it was the opposite, you were protecting others from yourself, it became a good idea to wear one.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    It actually begins with your lack of understanding. Which is the problem. There is no logical fallacy there at all.

1. Yes, in a perfect world that would be the case. There are not enough of these masks at the moment for front line workers, let alone for every person. You can wear a regular mask, because it protects others from the your droplets. It isn't perfect, but if it traps 50% of your droplets, that's a big change to how contagious you are.

2. Different masks ventilate differently. Same as your furnace filters. Exact same idea, but on a different scale. The cheapest most widely available masks let many more particles through, bigger particles even. More expensive masks can prevent smaller particles from getting through, things the size of bacteria or viruses which are much smaller than say drywall particles. An N95 should be fit tested before being used properly. Dust masks, not so much because they allow so many particles through anyways.

More questions are being asked, because many people know this stuff. Anyone that works with any hazardous chemicals in any of the GHS countries should have at least a basic understanding of this. That's a lot of people.

The shift in this info was the change in the perception. The masks we knew, weren't necessarily preventing you from getting it. So people thought they were worthless. Once people realized it was the opposite, you were protecting others from yourself, it became a good idea to wear one.
    were there studies done in the last 2-3 weeks? why do they know this now and not then? And why is this scene as such common knowledge now.... with no test results to back it up?

If we get tested at some point- should we be able to choose not to wear a mask (Assuming the test comes back negative?)

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    I do, analogy needs to be modified to be more accurate however.... maybe the guy needs to have multiple parachutes, would that be better?
    Totally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    those things arent contagious though??

those things arent contagious though??
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    It is that simple. You and I can decide that we will stay inside today, unless we absolutely must go out to get food, in order to save lives. It literally is that simple.

Those other things you mention - minus the weed of course, and (for the most part the bank), what happens is you minimize your impact when you do it. You go alone. You touch only what you must, and you return back home.

I will tell you how we do it at my house. We get everything we need for 3 weeks groceries so we dont need to go to the grocery store frequently. We order online things we might normally go out for. We watch a LOT more tv than I'd like.

I've got 2 small children and we are definitely hurting financially right now but this isnt suffering because like most people I am choosing to comply for the greater good. The people on ventilators are suffering. I wake up in the morning and decide to stay put because I don't want people to die because of me.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Jamie I salute you. No BS. Best wishes for you and the fam

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Wow. Incredible how he could be man of the year when he was a leader in 2001. Now, are you ****ing kidding me? I agree that tracing is kind of ridiculous, but for different reasons.

were there studies done in the last 2-3 weeks? why do they know this now and not then? And why is this scene as such common knowledge now.... with no test results to back it up?

If we get tested at some point- should we be able to choose not to wear a mask (Assuming the test comes back negative?)
    Feel free to do the test yourself. Put on a mask. Put a tissue in front of you. Cough. Now repeat without the mask. Note the difference in droplets that have hit the tissue. Itís not even a difficult experiment. Asian countries have known this for 20 years. No new research needed. It has already been done.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Jamie I salute you. No BS. Best wishes for you and the fam

You too. It's an interesting community, PSD, and over the course of a decade your relationship with certain posters can go from antagonistic and petty to respect. How we view Russell Westbrook just doesnt seem to matter much right now.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Totally

YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Just leave this here for stylez

https://www.facebook.com/OccupyDemoc...8159646293164/

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Just leave this here for stylez

https://www.facebook.com/OccupyDemoc...8159646293164/

Oh andrew Cuomo, The guy who refused to shut NY down until about 8 days after the bay area got shut down. NYC is the most densely populated area in the country and he was one of the last to shut down. Now hes trying to convince people that hes worried about saving lives?

He also didnt address deaths as a result of domestic violence, or depression, or starvation. he said "Those are other peoples death"? not sure what that means.

BTW- His brother was actually infected with covid 19 and was still out of the house and going on bike rides.

He doesnt understand a damn thing people are going through. If there was a break out in New Mexico and NYC had just a few cases- its very unlikely that he would shut down his state.

also a guy who was strongly pro abortion can go out there and say nothing is as important as preventing death. Its all politics for this guy.... he doesnt believe anything hes saying

Oh andrew Cuomo, The guy who refused to shut NY down until about 8 days after the bay area got shut down. NYC is the most densely populated area in the country and he was one of the last to shut down. Now hes trying to convince people that hes worried about saving lives?

He also didnt address deaths as a result of domestic violence, or depression, or starvation. he said "Those are other peoples death"? not sure what that means.

BTW- His brother was actually infected with covid 19 and was still out of the house and going on bike rides.

He doesnt understand a damn thing people are going through. If there was a break out in New Mexico and NYC had just a few cases- its very unlikely that he would shut down his state.
    You really need to pick a side of the fence and stay there.

You have argued about how quick they (being everyone) were to shut everything down, but have nothing but criticism for the states that delayed making that decision until it was absolutely necessary.

and worse, now are using that as an excuse for why they couldnt possibly care about people dying.

so the states that tried very hard to allow the economy to continue to operate, which is the basis of your entire position, are now punished in your eyes for shutting down later. got it.

He summed it up quite nicely btw near the end. It's about we not me. Hardships over death.

Last edited by Jamiecballer; 04-25-2020 at 03:38 PM.