Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 82 of 207 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 3105
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Man you almost had a point. Except nobody is foolish enough to honestly believe this will last forever.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    they have repeatedly extended it and nobody has offered any do or die date.... so yeah there is no guarantee that it wont last forever

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    for considering the 98%+ of people who this is impacting? and not only considering the less than 2% that would die from this?

hardly selfish- its kind of rational.

Also worth noting that a depression would kill atleast 5 times what this disease would kill along with dramatically decrease the quality of life for 95% of the people in the country
    You suffer from False Dichotomy Fallacy syndrome. You assume that it is a choice between containing the virus OR saving the Economy. Since you clearly don't understand multiplicative 2nd order risk let me explain. An unchecked coronavirus in the US would likely kill up to 6 million people in the first 6 months not counting what impact that would have on the health care system (total collapse) and the knock on effect that would have on the total supply chain for goods and food. Your assumption that we sacrificed the economy is based in linear thinking with little regard to systemic risk.

Let's also not forget how many people are volunteering or taking temp positions at hospitals so that they can help out. If the country isn't in shutdown, most of those people aren't able to help out.

Coronavirus; NBA season suspended

Is there a time frame that you would say is just too long? I mean would it be acceptable to live the rest of our lives like this? is there a 6 month max? 2 yr, 5 yr? YOu mentioned that I was selfish because I didnt want to 20 million people to lose their jobs and many businesses to fold for a couple months staying home. How do you know it is limited to 2 months?
    I going to go with the information available at the time. Right now that information says we can start reopening parts of the country with certain protocols once certain infrastructure is established (adequate testing capacity, a testing system, and a tracing system). If we learn more about the disease and have to change course we should. I’m not going to live in your fantasy world where anyone is considering a permanent shutdown so we can rationalize your selfish wants. I called you selfish bc you repeatedly have painted yourself as some bad *** William Wallace character fighting for “freedoms” bc you want to defy stay at home orders despite the danger it would cause to others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 04-20-2020 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

they have repeatedly extended it and nobody has offered any do or die date.... so yeah there is no guarantee that it wont last forever
    You want and “or die” date? I don’t and your notion that things have been repeated extended is false. No one has ever set a date for opening. We take action, gather results, and plan next action based on results.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    you want and “or die” date? I don’t and your notion that things have been repeated extended is false. No one has ever set a date for opening. We take action, gather results, and plan next action based on results.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
    pdca

Plan. Do. Check. Act.

You want and “or die” date? I don’t and your notion that things have been repeated extended is false. No one has ever set a date for opening. We take action, gather results, and plan next action based on results.

ok so you arent really providing any evidence that this wont be for the rest of our lives..... saying there is no absolute end date... you are willing to take action based on results- what if data continues to say to stay inside.

ok so you arent really providing any evidence that this wont be for the rest of our lives..... saying there is no absolute end date... you are willing to take action based on results- what if data continues to say to stay inside.
    If you look at what has happened in other countries it can be dealt with based on what we know. We even have a plan for reopening now. Like I said I am not going to engage in your fantasies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Man you almost had a point. Except nobody is foolish enough to honestly believe this will last forever.

My guess is that if 6 months ago you asked people how likely it is that we would be in the situation we are in right now.... most would have said it was foolish to assume they would shut down the entire country over this..... yet here we are.

If you look at what has happened in other countries it can be dealt with based on what we know. We even have a plan for reopening now. Like I said I am not going to engage in your fantasies.

lol living life with basic freedoms is now considered a fantasy, wow- are we living in nazi germany or the united states of america. Are our governors working to make our lives more fulfilling or focusing on fining citizens for going to church services while sitting in their cars? This has gotten ridiculous

lol living life with basic freedoms is now considered a fantasy, wow- are we living in nazi germany or the united states of america. Are our governors working to make our lives more fulfilling or focusing on fining citizens for going to church services while sitting in their cars? This has gotten ridiculous
    Woe is me.

You are very bad ***

I bit my internet tongue when I saw that you started posting your moronic takes again but Christ, once we have this thing figured out and have a vaccine things will get back to normal. Will that be 6 weeks? 6 months? 1 year? Not sure. But you crying and *****ing and morning that you can’t go to church or watch a movie in a theatre or go to the gym is making you look like a selfish prick and you’re not doing anything helpful. Hopefully, going forward, we as a country will start taking this stuff more seriously and not screw up our medical systems and pandemic response teams.

Giving us Jefferson and Franklin quotes from a vastly different time period isn’t helping ****all either, hotshot. Pretty sure they’d have a lot to say about a lot of things going on right now do quit acting like this is the thing that they’d comment on.

Going door to door and checking who is living where? Oh, that was a Trump idea in regards to immigration. And what “basic freedoms” are you talking about? Someone can freely practice their religion at home especially in the days of Skype and Zoom. We’ve already been over the peaceful assembly stuff so go back and read about it.

constitution doesnt allow the government to take away rights when its convinient. people who want to stay safe should have the option to isolate. but what if the science never comes out saying its perfectly safe? your freedom goes on the back burner for life???

Also what if there is no economy to come back to when this is over?

what about all the lives that would be lost to a depression?
    Instead of anticipating completely unrealistic things why dont you focus on being a good global citizen and chill.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...