Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 81 of 207 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 3105
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    The restrictions being placed on people do more then protect them from themselves they protect the community. If you were only putting yourself at risk you would have a point. I also dont think anyone has suggested that we shelter in place for the rest of our lives but whatever makes you feel cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No.... they have just repeatedly extended the time frame. First it was 15 days from march 16th. then it was until easter. then it was until the end of april, now its until the mid may. See they can keep pushing this along forever unless they make a solid date.

There are always risks out there. Everytime you drive a car you are putting yourself and others at possible risk.

Also you dont know how long every person has to live. Nobody does..... and its good to live every day to the fullest.... cant do that if you are locked down for an undetermined amount of time- maybe it will be the remainder of some peoples lives.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    No.... they have just repeatedly extended the time frame. First it was 15 days from march 16th. then it was until easter. then it was until the end of april, now its until the mid may. See they can keep pushing this along forever unless they make a solid date.

There are always risks out there. Everytime you drive a car you are putting yourself and others at possible risk.

Also you dont know how long every person has to live. Nobody does..... and its good to live every day to the fullest.... cant do that if you are locked down for an undetermined amount of time- maybe it will be the remainder of some peoples lives.
    Selfish

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Selfish

for considering the 98%+ of people who this is impacting? and not only considering the less than 2% that would die from this?

hardly selfish- its kind of rational.

Also worth noting that a depression would kill atleast 5 times what this disease would kill along with dramatically decrease the quality of life for 95% of the people in the country

for considering the 98%+ of people who this is impacting? and not only considering the less than 2% that would die from this?

hardly selfish- its kind of rational.

Also worth noting that a depression would kill atleast 5 times what this disease would kill along with dramatically decrease the quality of life for 95% of the people in the country
    You can rationalize anything. Being willing to say f-u die to 1 or 2 out of 100 people bc you dont want to temporarily limit your movement is pretty selfish

You can rationalize anything. Being willing to say f-u die to 1 or 2 out of 100 people bc you dont want to temporarily limit your movement is pretty selfish

let the most vulnerable isolate.....and it might be like .05%. For all we know 90% of the population may have had this over the last 3 months and felt nothing.... and the people being tested are the worst of the worst cases. (and of the worst of the worst cases.... about 2% are dying).

So meet in the middle. have anybody who falls into the most vulnerable categorie(s) be allowed to isolate and live off of government aid. Let the rest of the people get back to work. still avoid huge gatherings, try to social distance, wash hands often etc. I personally think we should have done wide scale testing before even considering forcing 20 million people to lose their jobs and most of Americans losing almost all basic freedoms.

That way the vast majority of the population dont have to lose their job, and throw away their lives. (Yes there are people losing their businesses that they have built for decades).

Coronavirus; NBA season suspended

let the most vulnerable isolate.....and it might be like .05%. For all we know 90% of the population may have had this over the last 3 months and felt nothing.... and the people being tested are the worst of the worst cases. (and of the worst of the worst cases.... about 2% are dying).

So meet in the middle. have anybody who falls into the most vulnerable categorie(s) be allowed to isolate and live off of government aid. Let the rest of the people get back to work. still avoid huge gatherings, try to social distance, wash hands often etc. I personally think we should have done wide scale testing before even considering forcing 20 million people to lose their jobs and most of Americans losing almost all basic freedoms.

That way the vast majority of the population dont have to lose their job, and throw away their lives. (Yes there are people losing their businesses that they have built for decades).
    Im not going to meet you anywhere. Im going to stay home. Not forever but until my state meets the standards of deceasing cases plus adequate testing and contract tracing as suggested by people who know something about how a state should deal with a pandemic. You should stop crying do the same. Again your freedom is based on you not infringing on others. You are not excising basic freedom when you endanger others.

As for testing. I too wish we did more sooner and I hope can do a lot moving forward so we can better deal with the situation and lessen restrictions sooner.

Last edited by ewing; 04-19-2020 at 09:17 PM.

The issue is there was a shortage of tests then and that's still the case now.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    The issue is there was a shortage of tests then and that's still the case now.
    well i wouldnt mind the shortage of tests if they waited until they tested to lock things down...... assuming the actual mortality rate warranted locking everything down.

but even if you test people..... things can change. its not like you could test every single person in a reasonable amount of time....... so in the time one person was tested to the time you finish testing..... that person could then be infected LOL. so youd have to test every person like 2-3 times a week (and thats not very realistic)

Im not going to meet you anywhere. Im going to stay home. Not forever but until my state meets the standards of deceasing cases plus adequate testing and contract tracing as suggested by people who know something about how a state should deal with a pandemic. You should stop crying do the same. Again your freedom is based on you not infringing on others. You are not excising basic freedom when you endanger others.

As for testing. I too wish we did more sooner and I hope can do a lot moving forward so we can better deal with the situation and lessen restrictions sooner.

thousands of people die every year from the flu who have gotten the flu vaccine. So does my freedom jeopardize them too? Thats a ridiculous argument.....and constitution.

Aside from that- taking someones freedom away because they MIGHT be carrying the virus is a little bit suspect. If someone has been tested and they are carrying the virus- then that could make sense. But there are people walking around with a cold and that could kill someone with leukemia or lymphoma.

I had no problem with the first 15 days. I do have a problem with them continuing to change the end date of giving back freedoms and nobody considering the price so many people are paying for this. it is more severe than an inconvenience.

Coronavirus; NBA season suspended

thousands of people die every year from the flu who have gotten the flu vaccine. So does my freedom jeopardize them too? Thats a ridiculous argument.....and constitution.

Aside from that- taking someones freedom away because they MIGHT be carrying the virus is a little bit suspect. If someone has been tested and they are carrying the virus- then that could make sense. But there are people walking around with a cold and that could kill someone with leukemia or lymphoma.

I had no problem with the first 15 days. I do have a problem with them continuing to change the end date of giving back freedoms and nobody considering the price so many people are paying for this. it is more severe than an inconvenience.
    In the past 6 weeks in NJ more people have died from Covid-19 then died from the flu in the past 3 years combined despite mitigation. It is not a ridiculous argument. There are many things you are not allowed to do bc doing so would endanger others. There is no clear line when it becomes something to be legislated on but the things you are using as comparisons clearly do not not endanger others in the same magnitude. Also plenty of people are considering the cost. I think more should done to support people but saying no one is considering it when a 2t dollar stimulus bill was just past is not close to true. As for the date getting pushed back that again is just not true. President Trump mention Easter as a potential date to reopen things and everyone knew it was a bad idea. No one promised you things would reopen then or at any specific date. You are hearing what you want to hear and making stuff up to make an argument for you want personally.

Last edited by ewing; 04-19-2020 at 10:10 PM.

In the past 6 weeks in NJ more people have died from Covid-19 then died from the flu in the past 3 years combined despite mitigation. It is not a ridiculous argument. There are many things you are not allowed to do bc doing so would endanger others. There is no clear line when it becomes something to be legislated on but the things you are using as comparisons clearly do not not endanger others in the same magnitude. Also plenty of people are considering the cost. I think more should done to support people but saying no one is considering it when a 2t dollar stimulus bill was just past is not close to true. As for the date getting pushed back that again is just not true. President Trump mention Easter as a potential date to reopen things and everyone knew it was a bad idea. No one promised you things would reopen then or at any specific date. You are hearing what you want to hear and making stuff up to make an argument for you want personally.

Is there a time frame that you would say is just too long? I mean would it be acceptable to live the rest of our lives like this? is there a 6 month max? 2 yr, 5 yr? YOu mentioned that I was selfish because I didnt want to 20 million people to lose their jobs and many businesses to fold for a couple months staying home. How do you know it is limited to 2 months?

A few quotes....

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty. Thomas Jefferson

"Those who give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" Ben Franklin

The freedoms of american citizens to live life even at the risk of making mistakes is more important than being forced to live in a bubble for the rest of our lives.
    Man you almost had a point. Except nobody is foolish enough to honestly believe this will last forever.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Dude you are a sad selfish mother****er. My freedom goes on the backburner when it endangers the lives of potentially thousands of people and becomes a consideration when science tells us that is no longer the case. We are not even close to that point.

I am sitting here watching Americans dominate in the field of successfully getting Covid-19 and can't fathom for the life of me how your president can be so stupid and talk about reopening things. Unconscionable.

Last edited by Jamiecballer; 04-19-2020 at 11:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

You can do better than the car analogy cant you? Do you understand fat tail risks and multiplicative systemic risks? Doesn't sound like it. We know within 5% what the total death rate is going to be from automobile accidents every year and it is built into our planning with regard to impact on hospital trauma capacity, insurance premiums etc. You don't know what an unmitigated approach to a highly virulent and deadly novel virus is in an interconnected world. Come on man....

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Dude you are a sad selfish mother****er. My freedom goes on the backburner when it endangers the lives of potentially thousands of people and becomes a consideration when science tells us that is no longer the case. We are not even close to that point.

I am sitting here watching Americans dominate in the field of successfully getting Covid-19 and can't fathom for the life of me how your president can be so stupid and talk about reopening things. Unconscionable.

constitution doesnt allow the government to take away rights when its convinient. people who want to stay safe should have the option to isolate. but what if the science never comes out saying its perfectly safe? your freedom goes on the back burner for life???

Also what if there is no economy to come back to when this is over?

what about all the lives that would be lost to a depression?