Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 201 of 207 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 3105
    Nobody is going to get permission to protest and sometimes protesting an immediate measure of injustice that has taken a huge problem to the next level is so important that the action can just no longer wait. This has been mentioned numerous times and is not a hard concept to understand (well, except for the totally inept it seems).

I don’t think that any governors or mayors or experts are happy with the way the protests have gone down in the sense of social distancing but they don’t have much choice in what they can limit. We’ve seen Trump release the hounds on peaceful protesters for a photo op where we found out that he holds a bible like Hitler and that was essentially a war crime*.

*The clearance method of the protesters, not his dopey “march” or how he holds something he’s only held four times in his life.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comment...tm_name=iossmf

Very impressive lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    So some protests are ok, and some are not
    Yes. Its the difference between protesting something that is trivial ATM versus something that is not.

This is a moment in history that most people can recognize needs to be captured or it will be lost.

It's a movement for black people and minorities being driven largely by the very people that have enjoyed an advantage over them. What an incredible thing to think about- that white people are risking their very lives to demand that black lives are treated equally.

People can complain that the government isnt letting them own the guns they want or whatever the case may be at a time when it wont spread a deadly disease. It is an entirely selfish protest - not in the negative sense that you probably think I intend - just they are campaigning for their own interests. That **** can and should wait.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    If you think its justified....to risk other peoples lives for something they may or may not feel strongly about. Thats fine. Im just saying the mayors, governors and health experts shouldnt be reluctant to say the protests were obviously the biggest reason for the spikes. They say things like "its hard to tell if the protests had an impact".... yet they are sure that people going to church services while staying in their car is something causing a huge amount of danger to society.

Just have the mayors say what you said. Protests are worth killing people because their cause is important enough. (which implies- Our citizens being able to prosper in life and feed their family is not really all that important to them)
    Well the thing is, pinning down how much spread is due to protests is almost impossible. It seems reasonable to suggest it is leading to more, sure.

It is much clearer to say, for instance, that the states that operated in a manner consistent to your stated opinions throughout this thread - personal freedom over personal responsibility, challenging the opinions of health experts instead of following them, prioritizing work over life - are the ones where it is out of control, hospitals are full and people are dying at an alarming rate.

Oops.

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Anyone going to watch The Basketball Tournament

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Quote Originally Posted by mouseslept View Post
    Some good signs:

The situation seems to be improving, deaths rate is down to 10% https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

128.592 deaths up to now, projections for Oct the 1st are also down to 179K people in the US having lost their lives by then.
    Statistics are continuously improving:

There is a clear decline of the figures from last week, deaths rate in the US is now down to 9% (from 11% only two weeks ago) https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

there have been 132.401 deaths up to now with only 1800 people having lost their lives within a week (there were up to 2700 deaths per day at the peak of the pandemic), projections for Oct the 1st are also down to 175K people in the US having lost their lives by then (down 4k from last week).

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Well the thing is, pinning down how much spread is due to protests is almost impossible. It seems reasonable to suggest it is leading to more, sure.

It is much clearer to say, for instance, that the states that operated in a manner consistent to your stated opinions throughout this thread - personal freedom over personal responsibility, challenging the opinions of health experts instead of following them, prioritizing work over life - are the ones where it is out of control, hospitals are full and people are dying at an alarming rate.

Oops.

Where does NY fall on that? have you looked at the rate they have died in NY city. I mean literally about 3% of the biggest city in the country died........ and that state is being praised???

And I dont think people are prioritizing work over life. Thats over simplifying it. There are states that are taking a more balanced approach, because they realize keeping everything shut down for too long also has some pretty serious consequences, and people staying locked down for over 6 months is not realistic. I dont know any states just completely ignoring the virus.

Opening your business with a plan to try and keep people reasonably safe seems like a compromise that we would need to arrive at eventually. (and that eventually wasnt going to be in 5 years).

As far as the fight against the masks.... I personally dont mind wearing a mask in public indoor places where being within 6 feet of people is going to happen. I dont freak out if someone lowers their mask for a second to get some air or if they take it off in the parking lot while walking to their car.

I believe people keeping their distance when they arent moving and getting tested frequently makes me feel more comfortable than someone wearing a mask that they have been using for 3 weeks. (A huge percentage of people are not changing or washing their mask frequently enough). The fact that there are no regulations on the masks/ face coverings makes you wonder if the masks are just to make people feel safer or if they are really going to keep people at significantly lower risk.

I was at Trader Joes on Thursday and while waiting in line outside to get in... I saw a couple repeatedly kissing while each wearing a mask. It was kinda grossing me out, then when they tried to get the tongue involved..... I just yelled- "Just take the damn masks off, we're outside"

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Nobody is going to get permission to protest and sometimes protesting an immediate measure of injustice that has taken a huge problem to the next level is so important that the action can just no longer wait. This has been mentioned numerous times and is not a hard concept to understand (well, except for the totally inept it seems).

I don’t think that any governors or mayors or experts are happy with the way the protests have gone down in the sense of social distancing but they don’t have much choice in what they can limit. We’ve seen Trump release the hounds on peaceful protesters for a photo op where we found out that he holds a bible like Hitler and that was essentially a war crime*.

*The clearance method of the protesters, not his dopey “march” or how he holds something he’s only held four times in his life.
    They just seemed a lot more forth coming with their concerns towards protests when it was people who wanted to open their businesses again. The people who were protesting that were protesting things that were actually impacting them on a day to day basis. Many of the people (including athletes and celebrities) are not directly impacted by police brutality and injustices towards minorities.

So yes- the people having their restaurants or salons be driven out of business are the ones who could not wait to protest. Their government had already made it clear that they were ok pushing small businesses out of business for this pandemic. The CARES act was never going to save everyone.

And Governor Cuomo went on national TV and told the protesters to "stop killing people" and to give up their hopes and dreams of a career and go work for Amazon as an essential worker

And I dont think people are prioritizing work over life. Thats over simplifying it.
    It really isn't. Here in Canada people understood it was more important to flatten the curve than go to work and we made the best of it. They said "Do these things and we can get back to normal as soon as possible" - so we said "ok".

There was no paranoia that the government just wanted to control us, no screaming about our individual rights, no demanding 100% agreement from every doctor or virologist in the land before we would take the advice of our top medical officials serious.

Canada has just over 100,000 cases since January. The USA has just over 100,000 cases since Sunday.

And Governor Cuomo went on national TV and told the protesters to "stop killing people" and to give up their hopes and dreams of a career and go work for Amazon as an essential worker
    He told them to stop killing people, yes. He did not tell them to give up their hopes and dreams. They said we can't work - he said you CAN work, if you really want to. Get a job in an essential service. Of course you would spin it that way.

Last edited by Jamiecballer; 07-07-2020 at 05:34 PM.

Hey...
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

I assume you are talking about this awesome exchange

https://youtu.be/2X1Tgmsv9Ao

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    It really isn't. Here in Canada people understood it was more important to flatten the curve than go to work and we made the best of it. They said "Do these things and we can get back to normal as soon as possible" - so we said "ok".

There was no paranoia that the government just wanted to control us, no screaming about our individual rights, no demanding 100% agreement from every doctor or virologist in the land before we would take the advice of our top medical officials serious.

Canada has just over 100,000 cases since January. The USA has just over 100,000 cases since Sunday.

Agreed. We're less than 200 positive cases today. In the whole country. Sure there's a few *******s out there that make a big deal about it, but the vast majority follow the guidelines.

Little perspective here... Canada has a population of 37 million... The United States has a population of 328 million... The state of California has a larger population than your entire country 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Little perspective here... Canada has a population of 37 million... The United States has a population of 328 million... The state of California has a larger population than your entire country 🙄
    and hundreds of miles more beaches
    gotta love 'referential' treatment