Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 198 of 207 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 3105
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I agree that bars and gyms don't need to be open ... ever really. Restaurants and hotels though do. Essential workers can't always bring food with them and essential workers don't all work near home.
    He did say except for essential workers......

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    That was with no precautions and doing business as usual. That was the projection.
    there arent that many people THAT vulnerable to this. Even if every single person in the country got this- there would not be 40 million deaths. chances are wed hit hurd immunity long before every single person got it though.

I agree that bars and gyms don't need to be open ... ever really. Restaurants and hotels though do. Essential workers can't always bring food with them and essential workers don't all work near home.
    don't need to be open...ever? lmao OK, people who own those businesses should just permanently close..because YOU don't go to them
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    don't need to be open...ever? lmao OK, people who own those businesses should just permanently close..because YOU don't go to them
    LOL thank you....absolute insanity the government deciding what businesses are essential and so many people 100% on board with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    That network should be off the air with the amount of garbage they put out. How many people believed them and treated this as a hoax? How many people died because of their (and Trumpís) wreck-less behavior?
    https://youtu.be/5DmW_H4U-MI

Maybe it will miraculously disappear

So are you saying you would be in favor of the government having the ability to shut down certain industries permanently because they dont need to be?
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    why dont people freak out this much about people smoking cigarettes?

I wear a mask in crowded indoor areas (I also test twice a week).....but wearing a mask all day long everywhere you go can weaken your immune system over time.

Also- if people are wearing masks, it doesn't allow any facial recognition software to work and creates other forms of danger (assuming this is the new way of life moving forward). Some people would rather take their chances with the virus than live the rest of their lives forced to wear a mask and be more vulnerable to hundreds of other infections.
    **** no, I dont suggest wearing a mask all day long. I feel like in countries where everything isnt political (looking at you, America), common sense reigns.

We dont wear masks all day long, or even out and about. But if you go into a store, a mask is required. You wear the mask, and take it off after you leave. We arent fighting each other about it (sure we have the odd you cant make me, but its rare).

We are already getting back to normal already because we were patient and trust our top medical peoples intentions, and America is actually still going downhill. It's a major fail.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Well- if we are not moving forward? What evidence do we have that we will ever get out of this? Its clear the experts dont have a plan. Yes, the rest of our lives is on the table until they have a solid end date when this is over no matter what.
    You may indeed be dealing with this the rest of your lives but what other countries can see clearly but you cant is that it's because of people like you and those you are constantly defending who refuse to think about the greater good ahead of your civic liberties. You guys are busy killing each other in the name of freedom.

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

People cant trust the experts so they trust their life experience. They havent worn a mask their entire lives- they have gotten by fine.
    How stupid do you have to be to think this is an appropriate response in a pandemic.

No it's not. There have been several studies of just how much China has lied about their numbers and about the total lack of data from large areas of India, Asia, and Africa in general.
    Well, to counter that there is an awful lot of people saying similar things about the US so I wouldn't feel too confident there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    **** no, I dont suggest wearing a mask all day long. I feel like in countries where everything isnt political (looking at you, America), common sense reigns.

We dont wear masks all day long, or even out and about. But if you go into a store, a mask is required. You wear the mask, and take it off after you leave. We arent fighting each other about it (sure we have the odd you cant make me, but its rare).

We are already getting back to normal already because we were patient and trust our top medical peoples intentions, and America is actually still going downhill. It's a major fail.

I was skeptical at first, but now I dont see the big deal about wearing one... its like whats the options? At worst at some point its proven the masks dont change anything and its a temporary inconvenience of wearing one, and at best its proven that they really do help and who knows how many lives were saved by wearing one... and its not like youre wearing it all day everyday, just when you go into stores, or in public. Workers are required to wear them, but I think breaks should be allowed if an employee needs 10 minutes to leave the work floor to take it off for a little while.
    Last edited by MarkieMark48; 06-29-2020 at 12:33 PM.

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

I wear a mask in crowded indoor areas (I also test twice a week)
    just catching this and raises 2 questions

1) define crowded indoor areas you're going into...or are you just meaning like the grocery store on a Saturday afternoon?
    2) see this part I don't get...not you related, testing related...why, after all this time, is there such a discrepancy in available testing- you're testing twice a week, team sport players will be tested daily...yet I was hearing on the news about places where people were getting in line at dawn to get tested only to be told they were out of tests by 9

I would be in the high risk group- diabetic old fart....and have yet to be tested. For all I know I got it early after spending a week with family who'd just returned from China in January and I've been immune this whole time....but I also live in a small town and am rarely within 6' of anyone even in normal times...
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

That's completely subjective. To businesses struggling to survive- they might honestly believe that it is important that they be given the opportunity to open up as well.

Also- Im not suggesting that people not be allowed to protest. I'm calling out the governors for not doing ANYTHING to even attempt to regulate protests or keep them safe. BLM is a big enough and strong enough organization. They could have arranged for all protestors to be tested before going out. It may have taken a week or so to get everything set up. There were zero social distancing requirements being enforced. If the government is ok with all of that happening and doesnt see those protests as contributing to any additional covid cases, its a joke that they see a restaurant opening and trying to stay clean and 6 feet part as a big enough concern, they are willing to go after their liquor license. Its insane that they are ok with the protests, but they are ticketing people going into a drive in church service.

You honestly dont think there are any politics behind some of this stuff? Leaders are afraid of how it will reflect on them if they say anything even close to critiquing BLM.
    They need to take weeks to protest over an injustice that immediately happens? Everyone needs to be tested before they protest? My goodness. Thatís just not how that works. You donít have to do some of the things that people were/are doing. Fighting for their rights is as American as it gets; wearing a mask should be (and the majority of protestors I saw on the news had masks on).

And yes, of course thereís a lot of politics going on with the protests. Geez, way to figure that one out.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    just catching this and raises 2 questions

1) define crowded indoor areas you're going into...or are you just meaning like the grocery store on a Saturday afternoon?
    2) see this part I don't get...not you related, testing related...why, after all this time, is there such a discrepancy in available testing- you're testing twice a week, team sport players will be tested daily...yet I was hearing on the news about places where people were getting in line at dawn to get tested only to be told they were out of tests by 9

I would be in the high risk group- diabetic old fart....and have yet to be tested. For all I know I got it early after spending a week with family who'd just returned from China in January and I've been immune this whole time....but I also live in a small town and am rarely within 6' of anyone even in normal times...
    I think Stylez has said that heís been working from home so there is absolutely no reason for him to be out enough to get tested twice a week when places are running out of testing (not sure about the availability in his area). Go to the store once every week or two. No reason right now to get take out or food delivered or for there to be any reason to leave your house unless you have to. Walking your dog or going on a walk/bike ride shouldnít affect you unless youíre an idiot about it.

People just donít have any common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    They need to take weeks to protest over an injustice that immediately happens? Everyone needs to be tested before they protest? My goodness. Thatís just not how that works. You donít have to do some of the things that people were/are doing. Fighting for their rights is as American as it gets; wearing a mask should be (and the majority of protestors I saw on the news had masks on).

And yes, of course thereís a lot of politics going on with the protests. Geez, way to figure that one out.
    I mean it should be a given that when social distancing is being recommended that hundreds or thousands of people in the streets nuts to butts locking arms isnt helping to stop the spread.

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!