Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 180 of 207 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 3105
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Do ever stop complaining?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If he didnít complain, he wouldnít ever post.

I think when the **** hits the fan this hard, all of the mask/Covid/social distancing talk gets backburnered.

Was watching video two nights ago and most people had on masks. Everyone? No. But more people than at all of the grocery stores Iíve been to lately and these people were outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    If he didnít complain, he wouldnít ever post.

I think when the **** hits the fan this hard, all of the mask/Covid/social distancing talk gets backburnered.

Was watching video two nights ago and most people had on masks. Everyone? No. But more people than at all of the grocery stores Iíve been to lately and these people were outside.
    id agree with that too..... but also when 40 million people lose their jobs in a matter of weeks.... id expect it to go on the back burner, not doubled down on.

How much economic disaster would need to happen to a society for the **** to hit the fan?

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    id agree with that too..... but also when 40 million people lose their jobs in a matter of weeks.... id expect it to go on the back burner, not doubled down on.

How much economic disaster would need to happen to a society for the **** to hit the fan?
    It doesn't matter. People have been progressively sliding back to normal, at some point there will be no difference to what it was.

One is in direct correlation to Covid, the other isnít.

I thought we were talking about how you are trying to equivalate social distancing guidelines for businesses that can step back for a few months and people who are protesting whatís been goinig on for a few centuries. My bad.

Sure would be great if that trickle down money started to trickle down. Thought that that was why Trump pushed that first and foremobst when he won the electoral college.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    well there's talk of Soros again, residents in minny say the destruction was mostly outsiders from 1 source I got, also heard it was set up, like bricks just laying their, also footage of guys wearing ear pieces. heard a cop might be involved.

our "protest" here was wild too.
    Yes itís a tactic used to justify firing into a crowd of kids. Itís been well documented in the past and actually has been captured on camera at many protests we have had in America. Masked men lighting the flame then disappearing into the madness. Then returning wearing a government outfit and letting everybody know who the real killers are. Itís gang related stuff.

They been protesting in my area to. TV said itís for George Floyd. What I seen was many Kids holding signs with pictures of brothers and fathers who were killed by cops. Donít know how you tell a kid who lost his family to not protest when loved ones where taken away from them.

well, you see, if we actually had a good economy and not one where they convince evwryone that its natural for CEOs and the top of the food chain to make 90% of the profits while most of the workers end up living at or near paycheck to paycheck, this wouldnt even be a problem.

being shutdown for 3 months is only a serious issue because our economy is ****ing garbage, almost all profits float directly to the top and stay there instead of being spread out and continuously passing through the system

and yes, the people who were protesting to open back up are absolutely pieces of ****. other countries are in MUCH better places right now because they had competent leaders that prepared, and a population that didnt whine like like *****es because they're asked to take a few inconveniences to save lives

if trump didnt pretend this wasnt an issue and do absolutely nothing for 2 months, the shutdown would've lasted a month tops and we'd already be back to business as usual.

instead, we have 100k dead, and a whiny little ***** population clamoring to kill a couple hundred thousand more so they can make more profits for the billionaires
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    well, you see, if we actually had a good economy and not one where they convince evwryone that its natural for CEOs and the top of the food chain to make 90% of the profits while most of the workers end up living at or near paycheck to paycheck, this wouldnt even be a problem.

being shutdown for 3 months is only a serious issue because our economy is ****ing garbage, almost all profits float directly to the top and stay there instead of being spread out and continuously passing through the system

and yes, the people who were protesting to open back up are absolutely pieces of ****. other countries are in MUCH better places right now because they had competent leaders that prepared, and a population that didnt whine like like *****es because they're asked to take a few inconveniences to save lives

if trump didnt pretend this wasnt an issue and do absolutely nothing for 2 months, the shutdown would've lasted a month tops and we'd already be back to business as usual.

instead, we have 100k dead, and a whiny little ***** population clamoring to kill a couple hundred thousand more so they can make more profits for the billionaires
    ummmm ok?? but we do have a problem. Im not sure what place on earth wouldnt see 40 million people losing their jobs in a few weeks as being anything short of a disaster..... i can assure you that the united states isnt the only country that would be having serious problems with the current situation. People are not needing their jobs back because they want to make ceos rich. Infact- you could make the point that a lot of small independent businesses are struggling the most.

so the protestors who were protesting the government for literally making the decision to take their livelyhood away (rather than try to keep everything open with social distancing guidelines wherever possible)- Those people should all be denounced as people who dont care for human lives

But the people who are not being directly impacted by this problem with the police force are in the right?
    I have tried to characterize my opinion of lockdown protesters as "selfish AF" rather than "don't care about human lives" but I won't deny it's hard to have one without some degree of the other in this particular instance.

Otherwise I think you have got it. There is an order of what really matters here that you seem to have totally inverted.

There are things you would die for, that are bigger than yourself. Then there is the responsibility to be a good human being and not just think about yourself. Finally there is you, and your best interests. Yes, its last. Most of the time this isnt a problem because you dont have to worry about the other two but when they do they are life-defining moments and you need to step up, IMO.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    I have tried to characterize my opinion of lockdown protesters as "selfish AF" rather than "don't care about human lives" but I won't deny it's hard to have one without some degree of the other in this particular instance.

Otherwise I think you have got it. There is an order of what really matters here that you seem to have totally inverted.

There are things you would die for, that are bigger than yourself. Then there is the responsibility to be a good human being and not just think about yourself. Finally there is you, and your best interests. Yes, its last. Most of the time this isnt a problem because you dont have to worry about the other two but when they do they are life-defining moments and you need to step up, IMO.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    I think a lot of the legitimate peaceful protesters would be better off doing their protests on a facebook live stream or something and not in the middle of the street. A lot of them are saying they dont want to be lumped in with the people being violent or the looters. If they stayed home and did their protest online and not blocking off a free way (which IMO is still not peaceful), it would be a lot easier on the police to go after the looters and deal with the violent protesters. The protesters could still accomplish the same thing through social media- infact they could get viewers from all over the world...... but it doesnt allow them to be destructive and thats why they dont like that idea.

The lockdown protesters are definitely selfish, I agree with that. I dont agree that they dont care about human lives- there is just a limit of how much they can afford to sacrifice. I mean if I asked you

Me: Do you want to help starving kids in africa

you: definitely .

Me : you have to give half of your paycheck for the next 2 years.

You:- I don't think I can afford that with my mortgage and household expenses, but I can donate $X/ month

Me : Well that's not enough, some of them will still die, Why don't you care about human lives?

See its reasonable to expect people to not be completely onboard with the lockdown because it is really impacting their best interest and maybe their own survival

I think a lot of the legitimate peaceful protesters would be better off doing their protests on a facebook live stream or something and not in the middle of the street. A lot of them are saying they dont want to be lumped in with the people being violent or the looters. If they stayed home and did their protest online and not blocking off a free way (which IMO is still not peaceful), it would be a lot easier on the police to go after the looters and deal with the violent protesters. The protesters could still accomplish the same thing through social media- infact they could get viewers from all over the world...... but it doesnt allow them to be destructive and thats why they dont like that idea.

The lockdown protesters are definitely selfish, I agree with that. I dont agree that they dont care about human lives- there is just a limit of how much they can afford to sacrifice. I mean if I asked you

You:- I don't think I can afford that with my mortgage and household expenses, but I can donate $X/ month

Me : Well that's not enough, some of them will still die, Why don't you care about human lives?

See its reasonable to expect people to not be completely onboard with the lockdown because it is really impacting their best interest and maybe their own survival
    Virtual protests are not nearly as effective as showing up and getting in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Virtual protests are not nearly as effective as showing up and getting in the way.
    maybe, maybe not.... but it would separate the serious protesters from the looters and violent protesters. Not sure thats the best way for their message to be taken seriously either. All the protests are being shut down anyway now.

Facebook live stream protests? Are you kidding? Do you understand why that wouldnít do anything? And without the peaceful protesters, there wouldnít be the violent ones. The violent ones are using the opportunity to **** **** up.

So now you agree that the lockdown protesters are selfish? Thatís quite the turn. And that analogy is pretty weak. So everyone has to give 100% to prove that thereís no line or they should just shut it?

You are really bad about this and youíre not helping anything. Par for the course.

Without the peaceful protesters there wouldn't be violent ones...I'd agree

So, since they'd have every right to protest, maybe the answer to slow/eliminate the violence would be...to make sure your peaceful protest is over and disbursed well before dark, since that's when the violence starts.

If you don't want to be associated with the rioters and looters, don't be associated with them by being present at the same time they are.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    getting in the way?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post

The reality is that if you don't take care of yourself first you can't take care of others.