Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 178 of 207 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 3105
  1. #2656
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,150
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    As I noted at the time people also made fun of college spring breakers so it wasn't only right wingers being mocked, that was just the narrative some were mad about/felt the need to protect.

    I don't know why you see the right wing in general as this major victim or feel the need to post like this? This is part of why I often have been questioning you and so on it just seems like you have had clear political agenda this whole time focusing on things in this way.
    I'm just being facetious. It should be obvious why I posted this one. It's hilarious that blams thinks it's just the right wingers who don't practice social distancing.

    It didn't make you chuckle even a little bit at the prospect the majority of the mob in the pics were alt-righters? Maybe I have a morbid sense of humor, I'm sorry.

    Trust me, I probably attack the right wingers more in my personal life because my entire family is conservative and love Trump. They think I hate him and bash him just because I don't excuse his diarrhea of the mouth. Today for example, I had this irritating conversation with my mom when I told her Trump shouldn't be tweeting stuff like "when looting starts, shooting starts". She of course defended him as he can't ever do anything wrong.

    I understand if you think that I think right wingers are the victim. In many ways, they are victims of a double-standard with left. The left just gets away with doing a hell of a lot more garbage. I'm just a man without a team and attack both when they are stupid, and applaud both when they do something right. Unfortunately, it seems they do a lot more stupid things.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

    San Antonio Spurs

    PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

  2. #2657
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,150
    I'm just wondering if anyone else sees a theme here.

    Theme: Bring attention to something by taking away from something else completely unrelated.

    Colin Kaepernick: "I want to bring attention to police brutality and social injustices, so I'm going to do what many will view as disrespecting veterans who served and/or died on my behalf and kneel when they play the national anthem. I don't know how either of those two are related, but what the hell..."

    George Floyd riots: "I'm pissed off that a White police officer unnecessarily killed a Black man. I want justice for George Floyd... so I'm going to victimize other people and their property that are not even related to this incident so I can bring attention to this! No, it's not because I want to take advantage of the situation and get free s--t from Target... I'm 'protesting!"

    We can have the right cause, but a nuclear wrong way to go about it. In Kaepernick's defense, at least it is 100% legal what he's doing. I just don't get the linkage of their cause/action.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

    San Antonio Spurs

    PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

  3. #2658
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,150
    Typical rioter/protester: "I want to bring attention to global warming... so I'm going to start praying to Satan any time I walk into a Christian church."

    Rational human being: "But what does 'global warming' have to do with 'Christian churches'?

    Typical rioter/protester: "It doesn't matter... I'm just doing it to bring attention to global warming... "
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

    San Antonio Spurs

    PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

  4. #2659
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    I'm just being facetious. It should be obvious why I posted this one. It's hilarious that blams thinks it's just the right wingers who don't practice social distancing.

    It didn't make you chuckle even a little bit at the prospect the majority of the mob in the pics were alt-righters? Maybe I have a morbid sense of humor, I'm sorry.

    Trust me, I probably attack the right wingers more in my personal life because my entire family is conservative and love Trump. They think I hate him and bash him just because I don't excuse his diarrhea of the mouth. Today for example, I had this irritating conversation with my mom when I told her Trump shouldn't be tweeting stuff like "when looting starts, shooting starts". She of course defended him as he can't ever do anything wrong.

    I understand if you think that I think right wingers are the victim. In many ways, they victims of a double-standard with left. I'm just a man without a team and attack both when they are stupid, and applaud both when they do something right. Unfortunately, it seems they do a lot more stupid things.
    How do we even know their political affiliation? I don't really get it.

    I know you were trying to play gotcha with him I just didn't understand why or did I see him say it was only right wingers in the world who don't practice social distancing.

    Ya I have some family members like that too and some friends who are the other side and often just defend democrats or their talking points no matter what.

    I think almost every identity can be seen as a victim in some ways. I think there are some with much more validity like when you see someone killed in this manner and others complaining about prom and that is what I normally try and distinguish and point out is the context within often when people are doing so. The reasoning and so on behind it has to be more than just screaming my rights with bad excuses/examples given, I understand this one because I have seen so many people killed by cops now and this example is clear as day with the video evidence and so on.

    A lot of times people do stupid things when emotional. Political leaders (like the many Trump examples given in this thread) have been pushing to rile up emotions in their base to get them emotional and go over the top in pushing their beliefs. I don't see a ton of people encouraging the looting though tbh that seems more natural to me but we could use more politicians respectfully calling for peace right now. I think there is a difference between those out there peacefully and those going to extremes.

  5. #2660
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    I'm just wondering if anyone else sees a theme here.

    Theme: Bring attention to something by taking away from something else completely unrelated.

    Colin Kaepernick: "I want to bring attention to police brutality and social injustices, so I'm going to do what many will view as disrespecting veterans who served and/or died on my behalf and kneel when they play the national anthem. I don't know how either of those two are related, but what the hell..."

    George Floyd riots: "I'm pissed off that a White police officer unnecessarily killed a Black man. I want justice for George Floyd... so I'm going to victimize other people and their property that are not even related to this incident so I can bring attention to this! No, it's not because I want to take advantage of the situation and get free s--t from Target... I'm 'protesting!"

    We can have the right cause, but a nuclear wrong way to go about it. In Kaepernick's defense, at least it is 100% legal what he's doing. I just don't get the linkage of their cause/action.
    I think the issue is when people get violent and loot they are told they are wrong because of how they did it. When CK does it peacefully/legally and so on he gets attacked by political leaders/people in their feels still anyways. So the issue people see is that it has nothing to do with legal/peaceful in reality because that has been tried plenty and still gets bashed from the same people.

    Like I was saying earlier if you are always going to complain about the how at least respect CK for that and being peaceful/legal even if he is on the wrong or other side of your feels/political beliefs. That did not happen though, he was attacked by so many people in a similar manner and called selfish and so on throughout attacked individually too plenty. As I noted there will always be victims and that is true in protest no matter the method some will complain.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 05-30-2020 at 01:38 AM.

  6. #2661
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,150
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    How do we even know their political affiliation? I don't really get it.

    I know you were trying to play gotcha with him I just didn't understand why or did I see him say it was only right wingers in the world who don't practice social distancing.

    Ya I have some family members like that too and some friends who are the other side and often just defend democrats or their talking points no matter what.

    I think almost every identity can be seen as a victim in some ways. I think there are some with much more validity like when you see someone killed in this manner and others complaining about prom and that is what I normally try and distinguish and point out is the context within often when people are doing so. The reasoning and so on behind it has to be more than just screaming my rights with bad excuses/examples given, I understand this one because I have seen so many people killed by cops now and this example is clear as day with the video evidence and so on.

    A lot of times people do stupid things when emotional. Political leaders (like the many Trump examples given in this thread) have been pushing to rile up emotions in their base to get them emotional and go over the top in pushing their beliefs. I don't see a ton of people encouraging the looting though tbh that seems more natural to me but we could use more politicians respectfully calling for peace right now. I think there is a difference between those out there peacefully and those going to extremes.
    To answer the first thing you stated: BECAUSE NO ONE HAS EVER ACCUSED ANTIFA OF BEING ALT-RIGHT!!!

    I don't think Antifa is the mainstream representative platform of the left, nevertheless, those rioters are embracing everything Antifa stands for. "Antifa" and "extreme left" are synonymous. Perhaps they all weren't wearing Antifa logo'd face masks, but violence in the name of protesting is absolutely their m.o..

    That is why I said it's ironic that Trump has been the most pro-criminal justice reform president in my lifetime. The left seems to champion criminal justice/prejudice in the judicial system, yet we have Hillary calling Black people "super predators" and Bill putting people away for life for 3x drug offenses.

    As for the rest of your post, I agree entirely. I know I seem to focus more on the parts we disagree/don't see eye-to-eye on.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

    San Antonio Spurs

    PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

  7. #2662
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,150
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I think the issue is when people get violent and loot they are told they are wrong because of how they did it. When CK does it peacefully/legally and so on he gets attacked by political leaders/people in their feels still anyways. So the issue people see is that it has nothing to do with legal/peaceful in reality because that has been tried plenty and still gets bashed from the same people.

    Like I was saying earlier if you are always going to complain about the how at least respect CK for that and being peaceful/legal even if he is on the wrong or other side of your feels/political beliefs. That did not happen though, he was attacked by so many people in a similar manner and called selfish and so on throughout attacked individually too plenty. As I noted there will always be victims and that is true in protest no matter the method some will complain.
    Oh, without question, what CK did is 100% better than what these rioters are doing. CK is peaceful. Nevertheless, the theme is the same. The ONLY thing comparable is the theme I mentioned.

    Would you agree that sometimes how we go about bringing light to a topic/incident actually TAKES AWAY from it though?
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

    San Antonio Spurs

    PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

  8. #2663
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    To answer the first thing you stated: BECAUSE NO ONE HAS EVER ACCUSED ANTIFA OF BEING ALT-RIGHT!!!

    I don't think Antifa is the mainstream representative platform of the left, nevertheless, those rioters are embracing everything Antifa stands for. "Antifa" and "extreme left" are synonymous. Perhaps they all weren't wearing Antifa logo'd face masks, but violence in the name of protesting is absolutely their m.o..

    That is why I said it's ironic that Trump has been the most pro-criminal justice reform president in my lifetime. The left seems to champion criminal justice/prejudice in the judicial system, yet we have Hillary calling Black people "super predators" and Bill putting people away for life for 3x drug offenses.

    As for the rest of your post, I agree entirely. I know I seem to focus more on the parts we disagree/don't see eye-to-eye on.
    I mean so your point is it actually is ok to generalize then? I don't disagree I just can't keep track of your standards anymore I guess and when I should be outraged people do that. You were just telling me that was unacceptable I thought?

    I don't consider Clinton's or Biden represent the actual left individuals in this country as much as I think they are moreso representing center/moderates and even in some ways lean right in multiple ways on certain topics. The democratic party is clearly split due to this divide and I think part of it is many are sick of the talk from some while they put in place bad policy like you mention instead of actually helping people. The actual left is quite sick of these types.

  9. #2664
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    Oh, without question, what CK did is 100% better than what these rioters are doing. CK is peaceful. Nevertheless, the theme is the same. The ONLY thing comparable is the theme I mentioned.

    Would you agree that sometimes how we go about bringing light to a topic/incident actually TAKES AWAY from it though?
    I think that if you break laws and go to extremes like looting and so on it does absolutely which has been part of my point.

    The issue is when you aren't doing that and people still make the same fuss then it is moreso THEM trying to take away from your message due to their political feelings not based on you actually being extreme/illegal/violent and so on in the same way. They are playing victim due to their feelings/beliefs.

  10. #2665
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    I want to know what is going to happen to the idiot cops that just watched and let the cop just Colin Kaepernick right on George Floyd's neck. They should all be fired/tried in a court of law.

    By the way, just read there was body cam footage released. It was "heavily redacted"... smh...
    and if all that happens - which it appears was never really in question...... Would that be enough for these protesters to stop.... because justice will have served and this issue was not a result of a bad system.

  11. #2666
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    To answer the first thing you stated: BECAUSE NO ONE HAS EVER ACCUSED ANTIFA OF BEING ALT-RIGHT!!!

    I don't think Antifa is the mainstream representative platform of the left, nevertheless, those rioters are embracing everything Antifa stands for. "Antifa" and "extreme left" are synonymous. Perhaps they all weren't wearing Antifa logo'd face masks, but violence in the name of protesting is absolutely their m.o..

    That is why I said it's ironic that Trump has been the most pro-criminal justice reform president in my lifetime. The left seems to champion criminal justice/prejudice in the judicial system, yet we have Hillary calling Black people "super predators" and Bill putting people away for life for 3x drug offenses.

    As for the rest of your post, I agree entirely. I know I seem to focus more on the parts we disagree/don't see eye-to-eye on.
    at the same time though- there have been protests and attacks at multiple CNN studios across the country. If CNNN isnt left wing enough for them- Im not sure where they affiliate.

  12. #2667
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    49,570
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    at the same time though- there have been protests and attacks at multiple CNN studios across the country. If CNNN isnt left wing enough for them- Im not sure where they affiliate.
    Do you think the safelite people might be behind the whole thing??


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  13. #2668
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,357
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Do you think the safelite people might be behind the whole thing??


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One of my friends had his windshield cracked. He lives about 3 or 4 blocks from santa clara street in down town sj. LOL- our local news says that we shouldnt be talking about damaged property because property can be fixed or replaced????? wtf???

    and rodney king can heal? why were people worried about that?

  14. #2669
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,822
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    and if all that happens - which it appears was never really in question...... Would that be enough for these protesters to stop.... because justice will have served and this issue was not a result of a bad system.
    Most of the arrests have been people out of state it has been reported. People are coming here to rile it up it isn't necessarily the actual protesters and so on for the cause or that live here going to all the extremes anymore.

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/sergeik.../#13b69822264d

    Either way though, justice one time is not going to change the system so if that is never addressed and it keeps happening no just a one off conviction won't help the overall issue.

  15. #2670
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,357
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Most of the arrests have been people out of state it has been reported. People are coming here to rile it up it isn't necessarily the actual protesters and so on for the cause or that live here going to all the extremes anymore.

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/sergeik.../#13b69822264d

    Either way though, justice one time is not going to change the system so if that is never addressed and it keeps happening no just a one off conviction won't help the overall issue.
    but shouldnt they be encouraging the way justice was served this time. Should they be protesting the one time the entire country agreed this was unacceptable?

    Wow- i wonder what happens if this guy gets like 3 yrs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •