Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 177 of 207 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 3105
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I wasn't poking you, I was poking CNN. It wouldn't surprise me if they created some of the situation just SO they could say their black crew was arrested while their white one wasn't (I mean why did they HAVE a specific black and white crew?)
    That's a reach.

regardless, it's yet another instance where a white cop has killed a black man in a situation where there's no perception that level of force was necessary.........that **** just has to stop, this is 2020 for cripes sake
    We don't see the cases where a black cop kills a black person or a white cop kills a white person. If it bleeds it leads, and lately they've added if it divides it leads.

I’ve had my neck kneeled on 3 times in the past month. Where’s CNN?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I’ve had my neck kneeled on 3 times in the past month. Where’s CNN?
    What you and Boy George get up to in your own private time is no business of CNN.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    What you and Boy George get up to in your own private time is no business of CNN.
    Just bc he paid me doesn’t mean it was consensual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    It's not about it specifically being a "racist attack fueled by hate". Its a systemic issue that continues to get ignored.

And....of course it is sometimes fueled by hate.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Those damn right wingers rioting, looting, destroying the city in protest of George Floyd's death/verdict. As you said, we know it's the right wingers who don't follow social distancing...

The right wingers need to understand that taking out one's anger/rage on someone else completely innocent of George Floyd's death is not only wrong, but stupid. This is a bad look for those anti-social distancing right wing nuts!
    Last edited by Redrum187; 05-30-2020 at 12:12 AM.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

To their credit though, while they weren't 6 feet apart, they did at least have masks on.

San Antonio Spurs

I wasn't poking you, I was poking CNN. It wouldn't surprise me if they created some of the situation just SO they could say their black crew was arrested while their white one wasn't (I mean why did they HAVE a specific black and white crew?)
    Makes me think of that movie Nightcrawler. It was a good one. Have you seen it?

San Antonio Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Just bc he paid me doesn’t mean it was consensual
    It wasn't consensual, you "escaped".

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    A major change in our justice system/way we police
    The irony is that Trump has actually had a positive impact on criminal justice reform. At least, more than any other president in my life time. Clinton's 3 strikes rule is a huge reason why prisons are overpopulated in the US. To my knowledge, Clinton doesn't even deny this.

Would you say the George Floyd incident is an "outlier" or the norm with policing in Minnesota? What is the protocol for body cams over there? There is a correlation with police wearing body cams and a decrease of incidents like this. This isn't surprising.

San Antonio Spurs

I want to know what is going to happen to the idiot cops that just watched and let the cop just Colin Kaepernick right on George Floyd's neck. They should all be fired/tried in a court of law.

By the way, just read there was body cam footage released. It was "heavily redacted"... smh...

San Antonio Spurs

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/29/us/mi...ted/index.html

"A CNN reporter and his production team were arrested this morning in Minneapolis for doing their jobs, despite identifying themselves -- a clear violation of their First Amendment rights. The authorities in Minnesota, including the Governor, must release the three CNN employees immediately," CNN said in a statement shortly after their arrest.
    Journalists assert First Amendment rights to press freedom when covering protests in public spaces, and infringements are relatively rare in the United States.
    Looks like CNN turned alt-right! They are using the same "whine" and "cry" from the right wingers who wanted the country to open up earlier! Only kidding, a few of you will understand my sarcasm. :P

San Antonio Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    The irony is that Trump has actually had a positive impact on criminal justice reform. At least, more than any other president in my life time. Clinton's 3 strikes rule is a huge reason why prisons are overpopulated in the US. To my knowledge, Clinton doesn't even deny this.

Would you say the George Floyd incident is an "outlier" or the norm with policing in Minnesota? What is the protocol for body cams over there? There is a correlation with police wearing body cams and a decrease of incidents like this. This isn't surprising.
    I am not sure what you mean by the norm but Philandro Castillo happened here and the officer was not convicted. There have been multiple local incidents over the years that seem like they have treated certain people different whether it be due to race or not but I am guessing stories like those happen everywhere. This stuff is always the outlier at this extreme but it still can be a general thing people see happening to much where cops just use force/ignore the people and so on without real/clear reason. I think we need massive change and body cams are becoming the norm while years back they did battle over it a little. There is tension between the police/cities population in a general sense just due to their actions/history over time and multiple legal battles etc. but this isn't just here as Atlanta and CA now too have people getting out. Our country has an issue with the way out system is set up in general and this backlash is due to denial of the issue from some for a while.

I am not saying Clinton is great nor am I going to say Biden is likely to make drastic change either but that doesn't mean I agree with the insane rhetoric/fueling/divisiveness and so on we see regularly on issues from Trump. He is the most disgraceful POTUS in my lifetime just on an individual human being level and how he encourages the worst/divides us so often. I would agree though that in many ways policy wise he isn't worse/often not different/corruption is normal in this country and so on at the top.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 05-30-2020 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post

Those damn right wingers rioting, looting, destroying the city in protest of George Floyd's death/verdict. As you said, we know it's the right wingers who don't follow social distancing...

The right wingers need to understand that taking out one's anger/rage on someone else completely innocent of George Floyd's death is not only wrong, but stupid. This is a bad look for those anti-social distancing right wing nuts!
    As I noted at the time people also made fun of college spring breakers so it wasn't only right wingers being mocked, that was just the narrative some were mad about/felt the need to protect.

I don't know why you see the right wing in general as this major victim or feel the need to post like this? This is part of why I often have been questioning you and so on it just seems like you have had clear political agenda this whole time focusing on things in this way.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 05-30-2020 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I too have higher hopes for the media and our government, but realistically my expectations are incredibly low of this current administration and the current state of media.
    I don't expect much but I can still have basic standards at the same time and point out when they are broken. That is what I am doing is pointing out the obviously bad things. Just ignoring it because at this point you expect it isn't gonna help.