Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 166 of 207 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 3105
  1. #2476
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    8,868
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    you could close off common areas, not allow guests in, keep residents in their rooms as much as possible, and test all employees regularly?

    Test all residents, and when you find the infected- get them to the hospital.
    With what tests? They weren't available in the beginning because the administration dropped the ball. They had to wait until people were symptomatic, and by then they'd been spreading it for two weeks or more. So many people in close contact, and you HAVE to go in and out of rooms because by definition the residents can't take care of themselves. Some require bathing, almost all require meds and general housekeeping because they aren't capable.

  2. #2477
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    47,193
    this is the event they needed to unleash the robo nurses on society

  3. #2478
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,320
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    With what tests? They weren't available in the beginning because the administration dropped the ball. They had to wait until people were symptomatic, and by then they'd been spreading it for two weeks or more. So many people in close contact, and you HAVE to go in and out of rooms because by definition the residents can't take care of themselves. Some require bathing, almost all require meds and general housekeeping because they aren't capable.
    In most big cities right now- they are definitely available. In Los Angeles County they are only getting people signed up for a little bit more than half of their available tests on a daily basis. About a week ago- SF was actually considering starting a program that would be paying people to come and be tested. (That would have been a disaster and a waste of time and money) The left wing talking point that we are in dire need of tests is starting to fade out. The tests are exceeding the current demand. I would be in favor of some sort of random testing.... kind of like jury duty. But id want to be a streamlined process where you are assigned a time and a location and you arent wasting 2 weeks sitting around and not getting called.

    You might be able to argue that the requirements for getting a test done have been changing so much that people are not able to keep up with the process and requirements of requesting a test. Because there are mixed messages about tests. When the news was saying for weeks that we dont have any tests in the country- people who arent feeling symptoms dont want to waste a test that could be to someone who id dieing. But- the people without symptoms are actually the bigger concern in terms of spreading the virus.

  4. #2479
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,320
    Does anyone else find it idiotic that the government has done more to protect kids in school from catching the virus (when there is virtually no risk of dieing) then they have done to protect nursing homes?

  5. #2480
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    47,193
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Does anyone else find it idiotic that the government has done more to protect kids in school from catching the virus (when there is virtually no risk of dieing) then they have done to protect nursing homes?
    at this point, I find nothing idiotic, it could have been purposeful for all I know.

  6. #2481
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    48,834
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    In most big cities right now- they are definitely available. In Los Angeles County they are only getting people signed up for a little bit more than half of their available tests on a daily basis. About a week ago- SF was actually considering starting a program that would be paying people to come and be tested. (That would have been a disaster and a waste of time and money) The left wing talking point that we are in dire need of tests is starting to fade out. The tests are exceeding the current demand. I would be in favor of some sort of random testing.... kind of like jury duty. But id want to be a streamlined process where you are assigned a time and a location and you arent wasting 2 weeks sitting around and not getting called.

    You might be able to argue that the requirements for getting a test done have been changing so much that people are not able to keep up with the process and requirements of requesting a test. Because there are mixed messages about tests. When the news was saying for weeks that we dont have any tests in the country- people who arent feeling symptoms dont want to waste a test that could be to someone who id dieing. But- the people without symptoms are actually the bigger concern in terms of spreading the virus.
    https://apnews.com/681479be1d9f1a0fea4d64b1a44d5b9e

    I agree with you 100 about what we should be doing in nursing homes. Unfortunately it does seem like resources is still a major issue in a lot of areas


    https://apnews.com/681479be1d9f1a0fea4d64b1a44d5b9e


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  7. #2482
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    48,834
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Does anyone else find it idiotic that the government has done more to protect kids in school from catching the virus (when there is virtually no risk of dieing) then they have done to protect nursing homes?
    I definitely think we need to do a better job with Nursing homes. Itís a failure and demands to be addressed. Comparing them to schools isnít fair though. You canít just close the Nursing homes.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  8. #2483
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,086
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    With what tests? They weren't available in the beginning because the administration dropped the ball. They had to wait until people were symptomatic, and by then they'd been spreading it for two weeks or more. So many people in close contact, and you HAVE to go in and out of rooms because by definition the residents can't take care of themselves. Some require bathing, almost all require meds and general housekeeping because they aren't capable.
    Just curious on the bolded ... what was the administration supposed to do about tests? Tests as they are now hadn't been invented at the beginning of all this. The only tests in existence were painful, had to be done by medical experts and took over a day for an answer. The tests that were bulk produced and used by several other countries had terrible failure rates.

    I can't stand Trump but I don't really get how it is his fault we didn't have millions of tests available in February.

  9. #2484
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,320
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I definitely think we need to do a better job with Nursing homes. Itís a failure and demands to be addressed. Comparing them to schools isnít fair though. You canít just close the Nursing homes.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    im not sure schools should be closed so easily with little thought. kids missing out on all of this development can be disastrous... and the risks are very low of them spreading it or dying from it. solution is worse than the problem. and now people are talking about cancelling next school year also for students. saying going back in the fall is not a sure thing. so we could be looking at fall of 2021???

  10. #2485
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    48,834

    Coronavirus; NBA season suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    im not sure schools should be closed so easily with little thought. kids missing out on all of this development can be disastrous... and the risks are very low of them spreading it or dying from it. solution is worse than the problem. and now people are talking about cancelling next school year also for students. saying going back in the fall is not a sure thing. so we could be looking at fall of 2021???
    School is a very complicated problem. They are stuffed in there like sardines and share everything (desks, computers, supplies, etc). Its seems like the fact that you can be a spreader without getting sick mean schools could turn into a total breeding ground. Kids are also incredibly social and total dependents so if they get it they would be exposing lots of people to it. Why do you say itís unlikely they would spread it?

    I think if students in sizable public schools are attending in person classes in the fall it wonít be 5 days a week for everyone so some preventive measures are more feasible


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 05-25-2020 at 12:29 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  11. #2486
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    8,868
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    im not sure schools should be closed so easily with little thought. kids missing out on all of this development can be disastrous... and the risks are very low of them spreading it or dying from it. solution is worse than the problem. and now people are talking about cancelling next school year also for students. saying going back in the fall is not a sure thing. so we could be looking at fall of 2021???
    That was a completely untrue statement made by Fox News. I posted the video earlier of the expert they had on the air contradict the host immediately after he said it. Do you have school age kids? They're plague carriers. One kid gets a cold, the entire class has it 2 days later. That's why schools are closed.

  12. #2487
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    8,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Just curious on the bolded ... what was the administration supposed to do about tests? Tests as they are now hadn't been invented at the beginning of all this. The only tests in existence were painful, had to be done by medical experts and took over a day for an answer. The tests that were bulk produced and used by several other countries had terrible failure rates.

    I can't stand Trump but I don't really get how it is his fault we didn't have millions of tests available in February.
    The tests produced by the CDC had terrible failure rates.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/28/u...-pandemic.html

    The members of the coronavirus task force typically devoted only five or 10 minutes, often at the end of contentious meetings, to talk about testing, several participants recalled. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, its leaders assured the others, had developed a diagnostic model that would be rolled out quickly as a first step.

    But as the deadly virus spread from China with ferocity across the United States between late January and early March, large-scale testing of people who might have been infected did not happen ó because of technical flaws, regulatory hurdles, business-as-usual bureaucracies and lack of leadership at multiple levels, according to interviews with more than 50 current and former public health officials, administration officials, senior scientists and company executives.

  13. #2488
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,320
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    That was a completely untrue statement made by Fox News. I posted the video earlier of the expert they had on the air contradict the host immediately after he said it. Do you have school age kids? They're plague carriers. One kid gets a cold, the entire class has it 2 days later. That's why schools are closed.
    most other countries including south korea have opened schools up. the entire population of children in the united states missing this much time of education and social development might be a bigger issue than the virus itself.

    ALso- kids all staying home makes it very difficult to give the economic recovery a fair chance. The left want schools shut so nobody is working and we can adapt a socialist system where everyone gets paid to do nothing for an indefinite amount of time.

  14. #2489
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    48,834
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    That was a completely untrue statement made by Fox News. I posted the video earlier of the expert they had on the air contradict the host immediately after he said it. Do you have school age kids? They're plague carriers. One kid gets a cold, the entire class has it 2 days later. That's why schools are closed.
    Can you post it again?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  15. #2490
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    8,868
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    most other countries including south korea have opened schools up. the entire population of children in the united states missing this much time of education and social development might be a bigger issue than the virus itself.

    ALso- kids all staying home makes it very difficult to give the economic recovery a fair chance. The left want schools shut so nobody is working and we can adapt a socialist system where everyone gets paid to do nothing for an indefinite amount of time.
    You are in a cult if you believe that nonsense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •