Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 130 of 207 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 3105
  1. #1936
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,357
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    No it is not, that's a slap in the face to everyone in prison right now for weed. I have no idea why you need to downplay people going to jail for weed or key me but whatever.
    Not sure how many people are in jail JUST for smoking marijuana. BUT im laughing it off, because you are the only person I have ever heard who thinks the law is preventing you from smoking weed.

  2. #1937
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    13,948
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Not sure how many people are in jail JUST for smoking marijuana. BUT im laughing it off, because you are the only person I have ever heard who thinks the law is preventing you from smoking weed.
    Some people actually prefer to not break the law; you apparently are not one of them.
    You're correct, however....not many are in jail just for smoking; if they're in jail there were other things involved- DUI, possession of larger amounts, etc
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  3. #1938
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,357
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Some people actually prefer to not break the law; you apparently are not one of them.
    You're correct, however....not many are in jail just for smoking; if they're in jail there were other things involved- DUI, possession of larger amounts, etc
    i dont see a stay at home order as "the law" (andf neither do most police officers btw). The stay at home order is just that. its an order. It was never ran through congress. In many cases it blatantly ignores civil liberties (which is why the governors didnt have it voted on by congress.... because they know theyd have to make huge amendments to even have it considered.

    Government just wants to shut down as fast as possible and not worry about the freedoms people are losing .

    and as far as not breaking the law? Innocent people are being treated like criminals on house arrest anyway right now

  4. #1939
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,357
    also- im obeying the stay at home orders for the most part.. Ive gone into a few grey areas......

    1) Ive gotten a few haircuts in the garage of a stylist

    2) I have had friends over a few times a week to work out because I have a power rack, a platform and a cable machine in my garage.

    less than 10 people though- which i think is the order
    Last edited by likemystylez; 05-11-2020 at 09:54 AM.

  5. #1940
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    26,180
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    If there are so many that honestly believe that.... if we re open too early for them, then it will be easy for the rest of us to social distance. I honestly think most of those people in favor of being shut down would be out doing things if we re opened.

    When people actually have the freedom to make a choice- the choice they make is the greatest indication.

    Also some people who dont follow this closely hear a majority of headlines about people dying and trying to save lives. A lot of those people dont understand everything thats happening on the other side of the balance sheet. For example- the jobs that we have lost during this pandemic could take a decade to get them all back. When the fed refuses to grant another stimulus package, and people really run out of money- there might be a shift

    Side note- my state just became a mail in voting state. "People shouldnt be afraid to go out and vote for their president".... so Gavin Newsom is anticipating we are still in lock down in November
    But we all have a choice right now, and 90% of us are staying in. We are choosing. If you don't think that's a choice then you need look no further than the people who are protesting. They have made a different choice.

    What you fail to understand is that the vast majority of us are not being held in place because the man says we have to, we are staying in place because the order to do so echoes what medical experts are telling us is imperative to preventing millions of possible deaths, including our own.



    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 05-11-2020 at 10:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  6. #1941
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    26,180
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    first amendment isnt something that gets turned on and off. People are being deprived of the ability to prosper and make the most out of their lives. They are treating the general population like they are on health arrest when these people have done nothing wrong. They didnt even do this crap during the spanish flu!!
    [emoji20]

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  7. #1942
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,821
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Not sure how many people are in jail JUST for smoking marijuana. BUT im laughing it off, because you are the only person I have ever heard who thinks the law is preventing you from smoking weed.
    Thank you for proving you don't actually have sympathy for others but instead are simply playing political games around certain issues


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #1943
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    13,948
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    i dont see a stay at home order as "the law" (andf neither do most police officers btw). The stay at home order is just that. its an order. It was never ran through congress. In many cases it blatantly ignores civil liberties (which is why the governors didnt have it voted on by congress.... because they know theyd have to make huge amendments to even have it considered.

    Government just wants to shut down as fast as possible and not worry about the freedoms people are losing .

    and as far as not breaking the law? Innocent people are being treated like criminals on house arrest anyway right now
    Wait, so if local authorities institute ordinances you don't consider it law because they didn't run it thru the feds? Is that what you're thinking? Once again, 'ignoring civil liberties' isn't what you think it is and/or necessarily 'impeding your constitutional rights'. Federal, state, and local authorities are well within their scope to institute temporary restrictions exactly as they have. Agreeing with them is another discussion, but their legality really isn't. Most police officers? You've talked to a lot of them? Minnesota, for example, had instituted a midnight curfew- caught out after that and face a fine, and I know people who received them. Police officers don't pick and choose which laws they're going to enforce.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  9. #1944
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    26,180
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post

    Im not protesting..... Ive sheltered in place.The worst thing I have done is gotten 2 haircuts from my coworkers wife. But it was an indoor gathering of less than 10 people..... so i dont know if its against a direct order.

    I also havent lost my job or any income. Me arguing for 33 million people losing their jobs and many businesses being forced out of operation is not selfish. We are both arguing for the benefit of a lot of people- I happen to be arguing for the benefit of about 50 times as many people as you though.

    when you say its just being selfish- its just a way of ignoring the problems on the other side of the balance sheet. If it was just me losing my job- then maybe youd have a point. LOL next thing your going to be saying Ghandi was selfish
    Its selfish because you don't appear to believe in personal responsibility. Think about what it says when a large chunk of your country is unemployed because of this and STILL your position is a hard sell.

    Why do you think we could be in the middle of a situation that has upended pretty much every canadian/American's life, and only a small minority are up in arms about it? Do you think millions and millions of Americans are just loving this?

    Its personal responsibility. We are all saying "this sucks. I'm terrified. i'm poor and lonely. but we will get through it, it might look different than it did before but we will find a way. I won't be the reason other people die."

    Personal responsibility.

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 05-11-2020 at 10:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  10. #1945
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    But we all have a choice right now, and 90% of us are staying in. We are choosing. If you don't think that's a choice then you need look no further than the people who are protesting.

    What you fail to understand is that the vast majority of us are not being held in place because the man says we have to, we are staying in place because the order to do so echoes what medical experts are telling us is imperative to preventing millions of possible deaths, including our own.



    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    if we could rely on everyone following orders..... why order businesses to shut down? Let businesses try and open and see who goes out. People are staying home because there is NOTHING to go out and do. Also in my neighborhood people are walking around, taking their kids for bike rides, playing Frisbee all day long.

  11. #1946
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,357
    [QUOTE=Jamiecballer;33478254]
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Its selfish because you don't appear to believe in person responsibility. Think about what it says when a large chunk of your country is unemployed because of this and STILL your position is a hard sell.

    Why do you think we could be in the middle of a situation that has upended pretty much every canadian/American's life, and only a small minority are up in arms about it? Do you think millions and millions of Americans are just loving this?

    Its personal responsibility. We are all saying "this sucks. I'm terrified. i'm poor and lonely. but we will get through it, it might look different than it did before but we will find a way. I won't be the reason other people die."

    Personal responsibility.

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    and what if people die on the other side? we cant live the rest of our lives like this and every god damn day its the same thing- no end in sight. if this was a week or two i would be with you..... but you seem content going forever like this. Because the fact that there continues to be NO end date and many governments have continued to extend these orders doesnt seem to concern you.

    THERE IS ANOTHER SIDE OF THE BALANCE SHEET.

    PEOPLE DIE FROM DEPRESSION, KIDS ARE NOT GETTING IMMUNITY SHOTS, WE ARE HEADED TOWARDS A DEPRESSION AND A TON OF PEOPLE DIE IN DEPRESSIONS.

  12. #1947
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    13,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Its selfish because you don't appear to believe in person responsibility. Think about what it says when a large chunk of your country is unemployed because of this and STILL your position is a hard sell.

    Why do you think we could be in the middle of a situation that has upended pretty much every canadian/American's life, and only a small minority are up in arms about it? Do you think millions and millions of Americans are just loving this?

    Its personal responsibility. We are all saying "this sucks. I'm terrified. i'm poor and lonely. but we will get through it, it might look different than it did before but we will find a way. I won't be the reason other people die."

    Personal responsibility.

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Exactly, a reason some of these restrictions HAVE had to be in place AS long as they have/are is because individuals allow themselves various 'gray areas' where they do things they're not supposed, not thinking about the fact that there are others doing the same thing and the more that happens, the longer we ALL have to face these restrictions. Therefore, thinking 'what's the harm in my doing this' can actually snowball into a LOT of harm.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  13. #1948
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    26,180
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post

    and what if people die on the other side? we cant live the rest of our lives like this and every god damn day its the same thing- no end in sight. if this was a week or two i would be with you..... but you seem content going forever like this. Because the fact that there continues to be NO end date and many governments have continued to extend these orders doesnt seem to concern you.

    THERE IS ANOTHER SIDE OF THE BALANCE SHEET.

    PEOPLE DIE FROM DEPRESSION, KIDS ARE NOT GETTING IMMUNITY SHOTS, WE ARE HEADED TOWARDS A DEPRESSION AND A TON OF PEOPLE DIE IN DEPRESSIONS.
    PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  14. #1949
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,362
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    i dont see a stay at home order as "the law" (andf neither do most police officers btw). The stay at home order is just that. its an order. It was never ran through congress. In many cases it blatantly ignores civil liberties (which is why the governors didnt have it voted on by congress.... because they know theyd have to make huge amendments to even have it considered.

    Government just wants to shut down as fast as possible and not worry about the freedoms people are losing .

    and as far as not breaking the law? Innocent people are being treated like criminals on house arrest anyway right now
    In Texas the Governor can order it for 7 days maximum. The state legislature voted on it and they are allowed to extend it to a maximum of 30 days. 30 days after the order the state started opening back up. They were careful to keep things to "suggestions" for the first couple weeks so they didn't start burning the 30 days too soon.

  15. #1950
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    13,948
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    if we could rely on everyone following orders.....
    missed this before.....couple things
    1.) you admitted yourself you haven't 100% followed orders, what you called grey areas....I've probably done the same re suggestions (since I'm in a state with suggestions, not orders)
    2.) Sad reality is that the VAST MAJORITY of ongoing laws on the books are primarily necessary because we CAN'T rely on everyone following common sense. That vast majority of laws are in place to prevent a small minority of people from doing things the majority of people would normally not do anyway.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •