Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 129 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 3105
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    What is the right way to get government to let everyone smoke weed? What is the right way to make sure everyone has healthcare without it bankrupting them? I can go on for days man, no one has an answer how to get everything you want politically.

Some people call their local politicians. You could call for a social distancing protest where throughout the day people in their own neighborhoods wear a shirt or carry a flag or something when they go on their daily walk. I dunno, I don't do this stuff cause I don't overly think it works but you can try if you want plenty do come up with ways to try for things they feel are important. As I said if you think it is violating your rights try taking it up with the courts. It sucks but sometimes we have to just do what is best for society even if we don't like it. I can't answer how to get everything you want, Minnesota ain't even got weed fully yet lol.
    Thats why most who want to go out are saying those who are worried should stay quarantined, that way we can get more data on this and get that much closer to a possible herd immunity in the process. I have a bad feeling those who have been avoiding germs this entire time will not be as prepared for the 2nd wave (not just talking about this virus either) but thats just my ignorance, I dont know how this **** works and the experts are pretty divided. The one thing I do know is that not all bacteria is harmful to us, this is a massive experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    CK was criticized for protesting right there on a stage that wasnt his to take over..... if he wanted to go on twitter and say these things to anyone who wanted to listen- no big deal. He also wasnt arrested, or put in jail so stop comparing the two. Would it be ok for this lady to operate the salon out of her garage on her own property or under a canopy(sp?) in a public park?
    No he didn't do anything actually wrong, people just didn't like it (that's why he didn't go to jail and helps my point of the how clearly being worse). If you don't like the stage or whatever so be it but he was not doing the same thing at all breaking state rules in place and putting others at risk during a pandemic and so on. The NFL didn't even require players stand at the time (I do think it may have been encouraged by them but that was it) let alone state rules during pandemic for safety of everyone.

Not in public I wouldn't think but honestly I mean at her house? That is like should I smoke weed at my house even though it is illegal? If she actually needs money though I would have no problem with her doing that but would say if it's in a manner that breaks all social distancing and so on it becomes a problem then too in a sense to me (so she just has to wipe things down, make it one by one and I don't really see the issue if someone is struggling personally and if I am being honest I do not think jail time should have been on the table in the first place even though I do think it's clearly dumb how it was handled I am not a big punish them like that type).

No he didn't do anything actually wrong, people just didn't like it (that's why he didn't go to jail and helps my point of the how clearly being worse). If you don't like the stage or whatever so be it but he was not doing the same thing at all breaking state rules in place and putting others at risk during a pandemic and so on. The NFL didn't even require players stand at the time (I do think it may have been encouraged by them but that was it) let alone state rules during pandemic for safety of everyone.

Not in public I wouldn't think but honestly I mean at her house? That is like should I smoke weed at my house even though it is illegal? If she actually needs money though I would have no problem with her doing that but would say if it's in a manner that breaks all social distancing and so on it becomes a problem then too in a sense to me (so she just has to wipe things down, make it one by one and I don't really see the issue if someone is struggling personally and if I am being honest I do not think jail time should have been on the table in the first place even though I do think it's clearly dumb how it was handled I am not a big punish them like that type).
    Oh lord, here we go with the weed again. Man- its a slap on the wrist at absolute worst. Any time you want to get keyed, pm me. I have a spare room and a futon in my office. You can stay here and smoke all the herb you want.

CK was criticized for protesting right there on a stage that wasnt his to take over..... if he wanted to go on twitter and say these things to anyone who wanted to listen- no big deal. He also wasnt arrested, or put in jail so stop comparing the two. Would it be ok for this lady to operate the salon out of her garage on her own property or under a canopy(sp?) in a public park?
    I was cool with whatever he decided to do, just so long as he understood the repercussions of doing this on his employers time. I know a few that are protesting the mask situation at work. Its a long story and I dont exactly think they know the facts on masks but they know they feel worse when they wear them for prolonged stretches so they stop. Im pretty sure they know they can get fired but they risk it, knowing they're valued at the company. Its a risk, if you're cool with playing with fire then stay in the kitchen. CK doesn't give that vibe, he got burned and didn't like it.

CK didn't do anything wrong, except if you're the business hes using a vehicle for his next career/protesting. And considering its big business, that correct me if Im wrong here cuz Im not a huge NFL guy, but shortly after the 9/11 event, didn't the NFL start mandating the whole american patriotism stuff before games?

Either way, a portion of the fan base didn't like his lack of tact and made their voices heard. End result, CK booted. Nothing wrong? Maybe, maybe he was entirely wrong. Then again, IDK why you seem to believe in his movement so much. Feel free to PM why

Oh lord, here we go with the weed again. Man- its a slap on the wrist at absolute worst. Any time you want to get keyed, pm me. I have a spare room and a futon in my office. You can stay here and smoke all the herb you want.
    Can me and like 7 of my homies come down. We want to film just how ****** SF has become. We can show you all our LA footage. Invite that other stoner on this board who doesn't like a whole lot of us.

LOL you dont need the governments approval to smoke weed. I also dont think people who want to smoke weed are choosing not to because its against the law. Also- even when weed was illegal in CA, people who didnt smoke weed generally didnt give a crap if they saw someone smoking weed illegally.

Smoking weed VS having the right to provide for your family? Not being able to smoke weed VS having your freedom taken from you? Are these reasonable comparisms in your mind?
    People have been put in jail for it let alone just vilified. I don't know why you laugh that off? Also it is used for medical purposes as well I am not sure if you know that.

Not being able to smoke is having my freedom taken from me... That you don't see them as the same is part of my point actually. It is the ONLY reason you are defensive of this woman. If she was doing this over weed or racial justice and so on you wouldn't care to fight about her this hard at all but you believe in the thing she is doing so you excuse the behavior and fight this hard to defend it. Other people get vilified and put in jail for very little things all the time in this country but people really care about her now despite it being an active choice she made in the poor manner mentioned.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 05-11-2020 at 01:06 AM.

No it is not, that's a slap in the face to everyone in prison right now for weed. I have no idea why you need to downplay people going to jail for weed or key me but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    CK didn't do anything wrong, except if you're the business hes using a vehicle for his next career/protesting. And considering its big business, that correct me if Im wrong here cuz Im not a huge NFL guy, but shortly after the 9/11 event, didn't the NFL start mandating the whole american patriotism stuff before games?

Either way, a portion of the fan base didn't like his lack of tact and made their voices heard. End result, CK booted. Nothing wrong? Maybe, maybe he was entirely wrong. Then again, IDK why you seem to believe in his movement so much. Feel free to PM why
    Is this at me? I have never once even said I believe in his movement, the question is why are you so adamantly against it and also against sharing anything to back what you have said about BLM movement? Ya so NFL is the reason anthem is going and players are standing but it isn't required to stand. He was put in a situation by his employer to decide what he wanted to do and chose. They did not have rules against it but he was vilified (which my point has been that happens for lesser things than this woman's stance).

All I have done is pointed out that he handled it far better than someone breaking the state orders in place during a pandemic for everyone safety working with a political group and after being granted a loan etc. and large groups affecting other business owners and so on by breaking said orders. All he did was kneel. I have stated repeatedly people can feel however they want about both but the how was handled much better by him and not doing all that, all he did was go against peoples opinions. I have 0 problem with some disliking it and getting backlash in fact that was part of my point lol. People get vilified for much less than this, look at CK. It is just how things work, let alone in the manner she did in this pandemic and so on with the how clearly being different/worse as it isn't just a feels thing.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 05-11-2020 at 01:10 AM.

Is this at me? I have never once even said I believe in his movement, the question is why are you so adamantly against it and also against sharing anything to back what you have said about BLM movement? Ya so NFL is the reason anthem is going and players are standing but it isn't required to stand. He was put in a situation by his employer to decide what he wanted to do and chose. They did not have rules against it but he was vilified (which my point has been that happens for lesser things than this woman's stance).

All I have done is pointed out that he handled it far better than someone breaking the state orders in place during a pandemic for everyone safety working with a political group and after being granted a loan etc. and large groups affecting other business owners and so on by breaking said orders. All he did was kneel. I have stated repeatedly people can feel however they want about both but the how was handled much better by him and not doing all that, all he did was go against peoples opinions. I have 0 problem with some disliking it and getting backlash in fact that was part of my point lol. People get vilified for much less than this, look at CK. It is just how things work, let alone in the manner she did in this pandemic and so on with the how clearly being different/worse as it isn't just a feels thing.
    Ohh, so ur just playing contrarion on that front? I can answer why Im against sharing it, its highly divisive and flamable, Im willing to talk to YOU about it solely because I've enjoyed our interactions. You can think Im a loon for all I care, but you have the flair of a masterdebater (my moniker since high school) so I would actually enjoy seeing your thoughts on society here.

We all know the gist of the story by now, he thought he was out of line by protesting this way but he spoke with ex military who said, nah playa, we died for you to have the right to disrespect the flag. I absolutely agree with that, just the same I agree with this lady disrespecting unlawful orders. The reason one was villified and the other wasn't is due to their respective fields and forms of protest. One inhibits viewers from enjoying the splendor of a sportsball without political undertones (something we should all cherish) the other is fighting for inalienable rights given to us by our creater.

I dont see how he handled it better man. You keep using the buzz words but IIRC the highest order of law in that state disagreed (Ill have to double check that) but the point is she has plenty political and civilian support, certainly at some point you have to realize the subjective nature of what you define as proper. Yes, you might be right about this specific lady being a con artist but that wasn't known at the time we started talking about it. All we're arguing is that if she is legit, she had probable cause. If she wasn't well, shes an example for anyone else who is a true victim.

CK isn't a victim, he wasn't justified, hes making money off this just the same (more than 500K for sure) and he did it on his employers time. Bruh wtf are you on about

Coronavirus; NBA season suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Ohh, so ur just playing contrarion on that front? I can answer why Im against sharing it, its highly divisive and flamable, Im willing to talk to YOU about it solely because I've enjoyed our interactions. You can think Im a loon for all I care, but you have the flair of a masterdebater (my moniker since high school) so I would actually enjoy seeing your thoughts on society here.

We all know the gist of the story by now, he thought he was out of line by protesting this way but he spoke with ex military who said, nah playa, we died for you to have the right to disrespect the flag. I absolutely agree with that, just the same I agree with this lady disrespecting unlawful orders. The reason one was villified and the other wasn't is due to their respective fields and forms of protest. One inhibits viewers from enjoying the splendor of a sportsball without political undertones (something we should all cherish) the other is fighting for inalienable rights given to us by our creater.

I dont see how he handled it better man. You keep using the buzz words but IIRC the highest order of law in that state disagreed (Ill have to double check that) but the point is she has plenty political and civilian support, certainly at some point you have to realize the subjective nature of what you define as proper. Yes, you might be right about this specific lady being a con artist but that wasn't known at the time we started talking about it. All we're arguing is that if she is legit, she had probable cause. If she wasn't well, shes an example for anyone else who is a true victim.

CK isn't a victim, he wasn't justified, hes making money off this just the same (more than 500K for sure) and he did it on his employers time. Bruh wtf are you on about
    I think there are legitimate reasons to call CK out and do not agree with how he handled everything that is for sure. I am sure some people go overboard within the movement as well but I haven't looked into the movement nearly enough and bet there is also some validity too at least.

I do not think that he knelt is anything more than peoples feelings being hurt but people said how was the issue when it was a peaceful manner he asked someone else and so on so the how wasn't that bad at all in reality just to many it just was feelings/opinion of some that made it so huge (which is fine even if overboard IMO no I do not care people think this, just like I don't care people feel a certain way and vilify that woman). I have talked to people that serve who feel the same way. The point is her how is much different and clearly worse than simply kneeling if that's what people are mad at it makes sense she gets treated poorly and it's interesting how the roles flip for some there even though that's the case.

Now when it gets to your reasoning that is where opinion comes in again. Most people are more afraid of opening too fast than slow and this stuff is made fun of for a reason and my cousin is losing friends for a reason and so on. You can justify why some support this and so on but it comes down to opinion and often politically based (our rights/freedom!). Anyone can say this to try and get their way though, you have to have clear cut reasoning and handle things correctly which was not done here. The specific how is now a clear issue BUT because people now agree politically they ignore how much worse the how is than simply kneeling. The how is the focus not the reason why which is the political reasoning not the how they went about it.

I am pointing out actual facts and linking articles and so on, there could be some buzz mixed in but I am also doing that lol (not like you guys don't have plenty). Having some civilian support is meaningless. If I can get enough support to kill someone that doesn't make it ok lol. We have no idea her caus,e people are just assuming it is good to fit their narrative and then ignoring what I shared too to keep going.

Neither is a victim in the sense both were asking for some criticism and some went over the top on both. They both chose to do what they did. One's how was worse because it actually broke rules and state orders and medical expert opinion guiding them and tore it up and so on and the other simply kneeled not even breaking the rules. This is simple if you aren't focused on defending one's political stance compared to the others.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 05-11-2020 at 03:48 AM.

I also have stated I don't agree with jailing her in the first place btw Chronz if you haven't been following you probably missed that. I was just pointing out that was what's in place.

Coronavirus; NBA season suspended

Like seriously if a judge knew any of this going in do you not think he might take harsher measures on someone who didn't take (or did and opened anyways against orders) the loan, worked with this political group, made a thing of tearing up the order and so on? She went out of her way to get put in court making a show of her defiance and from there we all know things can go overboard for minor stuff sometimes (or now you do).

If those standing up for "social justice" start being allowed to do whatever they want against the rules in place and justify it with their "social justice" we are in serious trouble. I am not even sure how that is really much of a question or how people defend that type of behavior outside of it fits their politics. What do those against police brutality do? Try and provoke cops as much as possible maybe verbally, a few fays straight? Rip up tickets etc they get and taunt the officers again right after? I am not a big supporter of the extreme protesters willing to put others in danger myself normally either... I just don't get why the how would be justified unless you start basing it off the politics (which again is what I am stating this is often really about) and not the actual approach. We don't want people taking things into their own hands breaking rules they don't like because they feel it's their right/freedom/justice and so on.

Her how is a factor in the treatment she got and why she ended up where she did. I agree it may have been overboard personally but her how was clearly too. Either way comparing it to CK doesn't make sense because he did not go to near these extremes for his issue (which is why it's funny some felt the need to defend her so much while bashing him "for his how" for so long). Her how got her in prison and fined and so on. Yes the judge/prison part might have been overboard and it sucks that happens in this country but her how and attitude/actions are a reason why it was even a possibility (his would never get him close to a court room haha, again he knelt his how was way different even if there were lots of feels/people went overboard on him too)
    Last edited by mngopher35; 05-11-2020 at 05:28 AM.

You do realize that not all ramifications of smoking weed is legal, yes? Losing your job...and making it harder to get the next one...because of it is a bit harsher than a fine for it. Not everyone is making 6 figures in a job that would allow it.

You also keep saying government took jobs when that's an inaccurate and simplistic view. Many MANY businesses shut down because they felt they needed to even before their state or local government may have required it...and now many businesses that COULD be open, for a variety of reasons, have not done so as yet.

I think you need to dig deeper on what exceptions are allowable under the constitution to temporarily limit certain freedoms.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    You do realize that not all ramifications of smoking weed is legal, yes? Losing your job...and making it harder to get the next one...because of it is a bit harsher than a fine for it. Not everyone is making 6 figures in a job that would allow it.

You also keep saying government took jobs when that's an inaccurate and simplistic view. Many MANY businesses shut down because they felt they needed to even before their state or local government may have required it...and now many businesses that COULD be open, for a variety of reasons, have not done so as yet.

I think you need to dig deeper on what exceptions are allowable under the constitution to temporarily limit certain freedoms.
    I brought this up a month or so ago. He ignored it and started *****ing again about this weekend. I also brought up how the Salon owner was a fraud and he ignored that, too. Then he *****ed about it. Then gopher brought it up again and he ignored it a second time.

Hes a waste of time.
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 05-11-2020 at 09:13 AM.