Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 179 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Welp, not looking good.

Looks better than fully canceled

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    To me, that leans more towards fully cancelling the season than coming back. If mid June without fans is the best case scenario, then yikes. I'd say the season most likely gets scrapped.

baseball probably wont start until memorial day and beyond... depending on how bad this continues to get i cant see hockey or basketball finishing their season

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    To me, that leans more towards fully cancelling the season than coming back. If mid June without fans is the best case scenario, then yikes. I'd say the season most likely gets scrapped.
    I just can't see them completing 80% of the regular season like they've already done, then just canceling the rest. Even if the finals are going to be played in August, I think they'll wait it out.

Went out Saturday to run some errands, took the dog to the beach on Sunday... we are up to 69 deaths. Incredible rise in cases, not so much in deaths however. Seemed like a normal weekend minus traffic and large crowds. Roughly 1k deaths per day from the flu...

2018: CDC: 80,000 people died of flu last winter in U.S., highest death toll in 40 years

2018 Champions

GS Warriors
    Boston Red Sox
    Philly Eagles
    Washington Capitals

Coronita virus is a joke.
    Last edited by Bosston; 03-16-2020 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    50 people ... 15 players per team, 5 coaches, 3 trainers ... twice ... plus 3 refs and 1 timekeeper. That's 50. But that doesn't include TV or radio crews. So, they are going to play games in empty gyms and we will get static video with remote commentary. Think they will pipe in fake crowd noise?

Quote Originally Posted by Bosston View Post
    Went out Saturday to run some errands, took the dog to the beach on Sunday... we are up to 69 deaths. Incredible rise in cases, not so much in deaths however. Seemed like a normal weekend minus traffic and large crowds. Roughly 1k deaths per day from the flu...

2018: CDC: 80,000 people died of flu last winter in U.S., highest death toll in 40 years

2018 Champions

GS Warriors
    Boston Red Sox
    Philly Eagles
    Washington Capitals

Weíll be on a nationwide shutdown like Italy soon just give it time.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

8. 03-16-2020, 11:03 AM
    Reason
    This is a serious issue. Stop being disruptive. - Rush

Probably...

Over something that won't kill nearly as many people as the flu does on a yearly basis... keep those tvs on though.
    We should just do nothing about it until it passes the total number of deaths as the flu, donít look for a cure or anything.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

10. 03-16-2020, 11:13 AM
    Reason

Don't worry, it won't.
    Why do the president and health administration refuse to reach out to you for clarity on what we should be doing?

8/24/2

2018 Champions

GS Warriors
    Boston Red Sox
    Philly Eagles
    Washington Capitals

Almost like PREVENTATIVE MEASURES prevent the spread of infection. Imagine that.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Almost like PREVENTATIVE MEASURES prevent the spread of infection. Imagine that.
    He doesnít comprehend for whatever reason lol

8/24/2

14. 03-16-2020, 11:38 AM
    Reason

So with the amount of insanity going on right now the truly scary thing to think about is when something comes along with a similar rate of infection but disastrous mortality rates (like the avian flu). Thatís when **** will hit the fan. Hopefully this will be an eye opener to people in power (like our dumbass Pres) and they will start putting some real funding towards pandemic research and developing better protocols for these types of situations. Because this in the grand scheme of things is nothing compared to what it could be. But even if people were dropping left and right thereíd still be idiots that would think itís just fake news or something cooked up by a political party to try and gain control of the government or whatever other stupid conspiracy theory they believe in.

Rippin' lips son!!

16. 03-16-2020, 12:02 PM
    Reason

What preventative measures are we taking? People were out all weekend shopping, at parks, at the beach, in restaurants, etc. What difference does it make if people gather at a sports stadium or ShopRite? Good luck locking people in their houses...

The best one so far is closing schools but telling kids to come pick up their government lunches.
    You don't see the difference between coming in contact with 10 people and coming in contact with 10,000 then nothing I say is gonna enlighten you. Have fun with your conspiracy theories.

Oh look, I guess Bosston went back to work today after the weekend and feels the need to troll the thread again for absolutely no reason. Get back to work and watch that post count. Imagine having 800+ posts and posting absolutely nothing memorable besides ones where youíre being an instigating child. And an insufferable one at that.

19. 03-16-2020, 12:58 PM
    Reason

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    You don't see the difference between coming in contact with 10 people and coming in contact with 10,000 then nothing I say is gonna enlighten you. Have fun with your conspiracy theories.
    I can assure you that more people go to supermarkets than all sporting events combined. I'm pretty sure that there are more people in NY that go to supermarkets than all sporting events in the country, combined.

21. 03-16-2020, 01:14 PM
    Reason