Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 47 of 205 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 705 of 3067
  1. #691
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,208
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    The problem is, that if you don't take these kind of measures, there's far too many people that take it lightly and continue to spread the infection. I don't know about you, but I see lots of people not doing their part.
    Most of those same people are taking it lightly right now. There are all kinds of people out at parks right now playing soccer, or people going to the store to pick up things they dont absolutely need right now. Costco is likely packed right now!! I saw on the news a few days ago that a couple in their late 60s went into the bank to sit down and discuss a mortgage refinance (and it wasnt to get cash out- it was to take advantage of rates dropping). Im pretty sure this stuff isnt essential by the absolute interpretation of the word. Problem is.... People's definition of essential is something they would like to get done.

    Also- I hear reports that this can keep escalating for the next 2-3 months. But then I hear..... you usually have symptoms or your body recovers from it in 10-15 days. SO if everyone is locked up or even the vast majority of people are at home all the time, and people out and about is what spreads the virus- how could the cases continue to go up? If so it isnt the spread- its gotta be people who have just had it for 3 months+

  2. #692
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,654
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    The problem is, that if you don't take these kind of measures, there's far too many people that take it lightly and continue to spread the infection. I don't know about you, but I see lots of people not doing their part.
    I don't see that as a problem given I don't trust the same sources you do, so ive definitely come to a different conclusion thus far. I will play along with yall but I'm not gonna pretend to know everything being reported is true just yet. there is alot left to figure out about this methodology, among other things.

    I don't know what you see, where do they got you holed up?

  3. #693
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,654
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    And consider that in the US alone, the case count has topped 120K and the death toll is over 2,000 WITH these measures in place. And it's not done climbing. How many would have died without any regulations? 1 million? 2 million?

    I feel for the millions of unemployed and furloughed workers and all the struggling small businesses. But the stimulus package will help, and most of those employees and employers will recover in a few months assuming this thing doesn't drag on through the summer.

    In the meantime, a vaccine for this thing is an absolute must. Because if this thing comes back, society can't handle social distancing as the new standard.
    not buying your projections but i am hoping there are alot of you taking that vaccine before they force it upon all of us.

  4. #694
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    36,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    not buying your projections but i am hoping there are alot of you taking that vaccine before they force it upon all of us.
    I would say that the vast majority of people would gladly take an anti covid vaccine right now. It'd be silly not to.

  5. #695
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    47,114

    Coronavirus; NBA season suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    not buying your projections but i am hoping there are alot of you taking that vaccine before they force it upon all of us.
    You go girl. Donít let the big bad govt decide what is going in your body


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  6. #696
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    8,867
    Steph Marbury has apparently arranged 10 million N95 masks to be delivered to New York from China at almost 1/3 the price States are currently paying.

  7. #697
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7,207
    Good for him and for the millions heís going to help/save.

  8. #698
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    31,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    not buying your projections but i am hoping there are alot of you taking that vaccine before they force it upon all of us.
    When Trump actually comes out and says that he thinks 100,000 people will die in the US, you should start realizing the severity of this virus. The man has underestimated it every single step of the way.

    And actually that 1-2 million is low. What if there was no social distancing and 50% of our population got this virus (a low number based on what doctors said a few weeks ago)?

    Half of 300 million is 150 million. Factor in a 2% mortality rate (which is really, really unlikely given how badly our health care system would be overwhelmed at that point), and that's 3 million people right there.

    So I don't care if you "buy" my projections at all, but I can do simple math. As for if a vaccine is created and "forced" on the population, we should be so ****ing lucky. There are hundreds of thousands of people worldwide, and there could be millions more who will be lying in bed gasping for air and wishing there had been a vaccine for this.

    And if a vaccine is created, I hope they make it a law for everyone to get it so all the crazy *** anti-vaxxers have no more excuses for why they or their kids aren't getting it and allowing disease to spread in their communities.

  9. #699
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,319
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    When Trump actually comes out and says that he thinks 100,000 people will die in the US, you should start realizing the severity of this virus. The man has underestimated it every single step of the way.

    And actually that 1-2 million is low. What if there was no social distancing and 50% of our population got this virus (a low number based on what doctors said a few weeks ago)?

    Half of 300 million is 150 million. Factor in a 2% mortality rate (which is really, really unlikely given how badly our health care system would be overwhelmed at that point), and that's 3 million people right there.

    So I don't care if you "buy" my projections at all, but I can do simple math. As for if a vaccine is created and "forced" on the population, we should be so ****ing lucky. There are hundreds of thousands of people worldwide, and there could be millions more who will be lying in bed gasping for air and wishing there had been a vaccine for this.

    And if a vaccine is created, I hope they make it a law for everyone to get it so all the crazy *** anti-vaxxers have no more excuses for why they or their kids aren't getting it and allowing disease to spread in their communities.
    Dude this is just Chronz being Chronz. He's always been one of those "I'm the smartest guy in the room" douches. This is certainly the pinnacle though. I can't imagine being so arrogant that I think I know more about virus/pandemic than health professionals and epidemiologists. But hey man, that's Chronz for ya. For people who don't want a vaccine they should not be allowed the use of modern medicine in any way from that point forward. You're so "woke", fix yourself.
    Last edited by JAZZNC; 03-31-2020 at 10:09 AM.


    Rippin' lips son!!

  10. #700
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,654
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I would say that the vast majority of people would gladly take an anti covid vaccine right now. It'd be silly not to.
    prolly, I just hope its enough to prevent it from being forced upon us. I know plenty who wouldn't, hell this old military vet foresaw something like this being the impetus for forced vaccinations awhile ago

  11. #701
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,654
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You go girl. Donít let the big bad govt decide what is going in your body


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    well yeah, I consider myself American

  12. #702
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,654
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Dude this is just Chronz being Chronz. He's always been one of those "I'm the smartest guy in the room" douches. This is certainly the pinnacle though. I can't imagine being so arrogant that I think I know more about virus/pandemic than health professionals and epidemiologists. But hey man, that's Chronz for ya. For people who don't want a vaccine they should not be allowed the use of modern medicine in any way from that point forward. You're so "woke", fix yourself.
    its actually informed from medical experts i trust bruh. literally cliches to the point where you even use the word woke lol.

    modern medicine is a joke btw, the same doc who saved me from many useless vaccines convinced me of it.

  13. #703
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,654
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    When Trump actually comes out and says that he thinks 100,000 people will die in the US, you should start realizing the severity of this virus. The man has underestimated it every single step of the way.

    And actually that 1-2 million is low. What if there was no social distancing and 50% of our population got this virus (a low number based on what doctors said a few weeks ago)?

    Half of 300 million is 150 million. Factor in a 2% mortality rate (which is really, really unlikely given how badly our health care system would be overwhelmed at that point), and that's 3 million people right there.

    So I don't care if you "buy" my projections at all, but I can do simple math. As for if a vaccine is created and "forced" on the population, we should be so ****ing lucky. There are hundreds of thousands of people worldwide, and there could be millions more who will be lying in bed gasping for air and wishing there had been a vaccine for this.

    And if a vaccine is created, I hope they make it a law for everyone to get it so all the crazy *** anti-vaxxers have no more excuses for why they or their kids aren't getting it and allowing disease to spread in their communities.
    yeah idc that you dont care, anti vaxxers like an old doctor of mine aint crazy. you come off brainwashed with all this worthless drivel.

  14. #704
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,654
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Dude this is just Chronz being Chronz. He's always been one of those "I'm the smartest guy in the room" douches. This is certainly the pinnacle though. I can't imagine being so arrogant that I think I know more about virus/pandemic than health professionals and epidemiologists. But hey man, that's Chronz for ya. For people who don't want a vaccine they should not be allowed the use of modern medicine in any way from that point forward. You're so "woke", fix yourself.
    you really need to look into how many medical options we used to have. itd be alot easier to fix yourself had we still had those practices.

    lol, what about surgery? do it urself too?

  15. #705
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,654
    as for smarter than the crowd, well yeah. the crowd are sheep, its almost like you guys think popularity is king. given the amount of regurgitation and lack of actual skepticism, I shouldn't have been surprised. the vast majority of you prolly don't even consider the potential abuse in the hegelian dialectic, so you'll freely surrender your freedoms with glee. another 911

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •