Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 43 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 645 of 2483
  1. #631
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,841
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Hillary would probably just make sure everyone who had it got killed.
    lol That could be one theoretical outcome.

    Another would be, she actually tries her best to stop the virus so she can still pimp out children with her and her political friends. The virus would be lethal to all her old buddies while the children they pimp would get over it relatively easy. lol
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

    San Antonio Spurs

    PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

  2. #632
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,841
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    That ranking is the result of the office that Trump gutted.

    And the New York Post is owned by Rupert Murdoch, i.e. it's an extension of Fox News.
    The test wasn't done by Rupert Murdoch/The New York Post, it was conducted by Nuclear Threat Initiative and the Johns Hopkins Center for Healthy Security which was released last October. New York Post/Fox News just reported this assessment. If a private company finds a cure for Coronavirus and Fox News reports the findings, it doesn't mean Fox News conducted the study and found the cure... they just did their job for once and reported on the findings.

    As for Trump gutting CDC or the NIH, you're spreading misinformation from the left. I'm glad that you are skeptical of Fox News, they aren't a legitimate "news" or journalistic agency just as CNN, MSNBC, etc... ratings are their number 1 priority, not delivering the news - free from bias hot takes. However, I think you should question whoever told you Trump gutted/slashed funding for these organizations.

    https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/de...avirus-claims/

    The only factual thing is that Trump DID propose cutting funding, but congress didn't do it, they increased it. Budget proposals are more about prioritizing a list of needs. This was done BEFORE the pandemic.
    Last edited by Redrum187; 03-26-2020 at 10:43 AM.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

    San Antonio Spurs

    PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

  3. #633
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    26,108
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    https://nypost.com/2020/03/25/2019-s...le-a-pandemic/

    For all the bullshiz our orange president gets, can't we at least give the devil his due when he does something right?

    Someone asked what Trump has done to help this pandemic... how about when he issued a travel ban to China back in January? The "ultra woke" people called him a "racist" for it... How the hell do yall forget so easily? [emoji23]

    Anyways, read the article. The orange man has done as good a job as anyone else would have done against the coronavirus.



    Here is the thing... if Trump DIDN'T issue a travel ban for non-US citizens to China, then "woke" people would be saying "HE SHOULD HAVE CLOSED THE DAMN BORDER! INSTEAD, HE WILLINGLY LET ALL THESE PEOPLE COME IN SO CORONAVIRUS COULD BE SPREAD!" Another argument that would be made is, "Now China will be less likely to report cases because we punished them with a travel ban once they eventually came clean about the coronavirus!"

    But because Trump did close the border to China, he was a racist... Don't you see, there isn't anything he could have done to come out on top. Trump's daughter could have found the cure for Coronavirus, but instead of actually giving her credit, they would just talk about how Donald called her "hot". lol

    If Trump builds a flux capacitor, travels back in time, quarantines patient zero, and effectively stopped the pandemic from happening in the first place, the "woke" people would criticize him for how long it took him to build a flux capacitor... Or they will accuse him of colluding with Russia to create the flux capacitor and that's the only reason they were able to build it.

    Anyways, the orange man has done alright with the pandemic.
    Hes the closest thing to Hitler we've ever had in the west so in certain areas his racism and bigotry would pay off in a situation such as this however in REAL TIME the response of your leadership has been really awful and deplorable frankly to most of the outside world.

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  4. #634
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    8,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    The test wasn't done by Rupert Murdoch/The New York Post, it was conducted by Nuclear Threat Initiative and the Johns Hopkins Center for Healthy Security which was released last October. New York Post/Fox News just reported this assessment. If a private company finds a cure for Coronavirus and Fox News reports the findings, it doesn't mean Fox News conducted the study and found the cure... they just did their job for once and reported on the findings.

    As for Trump gutting CDC or the NIH, you're spreading misinformation from the left. I'm glad that you are skeptical of Fox News, they aren't a legitimate "news" or journalistic agency just as CNN, MSNBC, etc... ratings are their number 1 priority, not delivering the news - free from bias hot takes. However, I think you should question whoever told you Trump gutted/slashed funding for these organizations.

    https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/de...avirus-claims/

    The only factual thing is that Trump DID propose cutting funding, but congress didn't do it, they increased it. Budget proposals are more about prioritizing a list of needs. This was done BEFORE the pandemic.
    You're attacking statements I did not say. The office Trump gutted was not at the CDC or NIH. The global health security team was a part of the National Security Council and charged with preparing the US for a future pandemic. Bringing up the CDC and NIH are 100% a strawman argument. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...resign-n864321

    I never said that the study wasn't valid. I said that the study was the result of the office Trump's administration gutted. Trump does not get credit for rankings earned from an office he disbanded, that was created by his predecessor.

    The Post does the same thing Fox News does, post one factual statement (the US scored highest on pandemic preparedness in 2019) and then throws in a whole bunch of biased opinion and conjecture to try and pretend their opinions are facts.
    Last edited by IndyRealist; 03-26-2020 at 11:08 AM.

  5. #635
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    12,443
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Found an article stating Ford, 3M, GE, GM, Tesla, and now Dyson are making ventilators.

    https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/26/tech/...rus/index.html
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

    HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

    2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

  6. #636
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    30,218

  7. #637
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    11,170
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    would you be oppose to looking to see what it looked like in 16 days or whenever easter is? If everybody is doing what they should do and sheltering in place accross the country- then the spread should drastically slow down and those infected with mild or no symptoms should be recovered. (But thats if everyone is really staying sheltered in place)

    Does the thought of 17 million people starving to death in a depression cause you any concern? Are you willing to pick up the tab for everyone in the countries unemployment while we sit out of work? Even the democrarts have acknowledged that this is unsustainable. The country should be trying to work towards a middle ground.... and honestly, I think even past democratic presidents would be looking for ways to find a path to do both.

    People seem to think the only downside of a depression is rich peoples stock portfolio value going down..... or it hurting a republicans chance of reelection. If trump didnt care about the people ill from the virus he never would have shut down **** to start with. He wouldnt sign off on any stimulus package. (BTW thats something he is doing to help people during this time- and its supposedly the biggest package in the history of the country)
    You do realize the stimulus package is a socialist ideal right? A descent one, but socialist... you always struck me as a libertarian at heart, there is nothing about this stimulus that screams libertarian or ‘pull yourselves up by your own bootstraps.’

  8. #638
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,035
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    You do realize the stimulus package is a socialist ideal right? A descent one, but socialist... you always struck me as a libertarian at heart, there is nothing about this stimulus that screams libertarian or ‘pull yourselves up by your own bootstraps.’
    the stimulus package isnt going to effect me in anyway so I like to think im not biased in regards to it. I think the circumstances that lead to it are incredibly unique. Businesses are being forced to shut their doors when they have done nothing wrong. These businesses arent going under as a result of their performance in the open market. Today unemployment had the biggest spike in the history of the country.......and those employees who lost their job could not possibly be expected to be adequately prepared for this. (If you tell them pick themselves up by the bootstraps- the government can not take away their work, operate legal businesses, prosper in life) These are things the United States was built on!

    My personal feelings about the stimulus package is that in an ideal environment.... it should never be considered! But in the world we are being forced to live in right now it is necessary for so many people and companies to give the economy a chance to recover when this is over. (Thats not just for rich peoples stock portfolio either). I think the length of the unemployment and the amount of the business loans were higher than id like. I think adding an additional 600.00 a week to people getting 100% of their pay through unemployment is an incentive for some of them to get let go or fired. Overall- id like a package that tides people over but still leaves them motivated to get the economy open again.

    Oh and the crap nancy pelosi tried to wedge in there about congress approving o the race diversity of a private companies executive team.....absolute Crap

  9. #639
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,841
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    You're attacking statements I did not say. The office Trump gutted was not at the CDC or NIH. The global health security team was a part of the National Security Council and charged with preparing the US for a future pandemic. Bringing up the CDC and NIH are 100% a strawman argument. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...resign-n864321

    I never said that the study wasn't valid. I said that the study was the result of the office Trump's administration gutted. Trump does not get credit for rankings earned from an office he disbanded, that was created by his predecessor.

    The Post does the same thing Fox News does, post one factual statement (the US scored highest on pandemic preparedness in 2019) and then throws in a whole bunch of biased opinion and conjecture to try and pretend their opinions are facts.
    No, you initially discredited the assessment by the New York Post simply because you think it was a Fox News proxy. That's sloppy...

    I only brought up the CDC, NIH, and NIN for 2 reasons:
    1.) Biden and the Democrats made claims that Trump cut funding (it didn't happen)
    2.) they conducted the assessment that you find unworthy because of who the owner of the organization is

    Now then, we agree that Trump doesn't get full credit for the assessment. I don't like Obama either, but we have to give the devil his due. Obama, in 2016, instituted the Global Health Security to combat future pandemics. Obama didn't do a whole lot right for our country, but he deserves much of the credit for why the US tackled Ebola as efficiently as we did and why the US ranked as the most ready country in the world to handle a pandemic. Nevertheless, the one thing people criticized Obama on was his reluctance to use travel bans. It's why the left attacked Trump when he issued the travel ban in Jan of this year to China. Instead of giving the devil his due and saying this was a wise approach, he was condemned and called a "racist" for it.

    In case you're missing my theme, I just want people to be objective. Everyone wants to fight for their political "team". It's why I can't stand either party. You have alt right people who exalt Trump, then you have leftist "woke" people who will twist facts to make Trump look bad.

    By the way, the article I posted explains the people who were "gutted" from the US Global Health Security were moved to different positions in an effort to streamline global pandemics. It wasn't just focused on the US. Ironically, Trump touts "America First!" but he didn't do that by keeping Obama's original plan. Nevertheless, this isn't a detriment to Trump's decision making as it wouldn't have changed anything with THIS pandemic. Sort of like Trump's travel ban didn't stop Coronavirus from spreading to the US, though, it absolutely stunted the spread of it to allow time for health professionals to stay on top of it.
    Last edited by Redrum187; 03-26-2020 at 02:13 PM.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

    San Antonio Spurs

    PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

  10. #640
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,841
    The Washington Post reported that former National Security Adviser John Bolton dissolved the NSC’s Office of Global Health Security and Biodefense in May 2018 in a reorganization effort. That’s when Rear Adm. R. Timothy Ziemer, who was senior director of the office, left his post. He was not replaced.

    As a report by the bipartisan think tank Center for Strategic & International Studies explains, the Global Health Security and Biodefense directorate “pooled NSC staff focused on domestic and international biodefense and health security issues” and was designed “to plan for and oversee rapid, efficient, government-wide responses to global health security threats.”
    Contrary to some recent news reports, Bossert was replaced with a series of people, but the job of coordinating a pandemic response does not appear to have followed. When Trump announced his coronavirus task force on Jan. 29, he did not name current homeland security adviser Julia Nesheiwat in any capacity.

    Just because Ziemer’s position was discontinued does not mean everyone who was part of the team was fired or that all of the functions of the directorate ceased. According to reporting by the Atlantic and the Washington Post, some team members were shifted to other groups, and others took over some of Ziemer’s duties. An NSC spokesman at the time said that the administration “remains committed to global health, global health security and biodefense, and will continue to address these issues with the same resolve under the new structure.”
    This should clear the "gutted" people from the NHS or cut funding from the CDC and NIH. We need someone to control the reigns, and that is where Trump went wrong. When shiz hits the fan, we can't have Trump spewing all sorts of stupidity about scientific/medical claims... we need someone who ACTUALLY knows wtf he/she is talking about so they can direct us on what to do. The team was and has always been there, but without a "head coach" so to speak... In other words, "too many chefs in the kitchen".
    Last edited by Redrum187; 03-26-2020 at 02:28 PM.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

    San Antonio Spurs

    PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

  11. #641
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    8,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    No, you initially discredited the assessment by the New York Post simply because you think it was a Fox News proxy. That's sloppy...

    I only brought up the CDC, NIH, and NIN for 2 reasons:
    1.) Biden and the Democrats made claims that Trump cut funding (it didn't happen)
    2.) they conducted the assessment that you find unworthy because of who the owner of the organization is

    Now then, we agree that Trump doesn't get full credit for the assessment. I don't like Obama either, but we have to give the devil his due. Obama, in 2016, instituted the Global Health Security to combat future pandemics. Obama didn't do a whole lot right for our country, but he deserves much of the credit for why the US tackled Ebola as efficiently as we did and why the US ranked as the most ready country in the world to handle a pandemic. Nevertheless, the one thing people criticized Obama on was his reluctance to use travel bans. It's why the left attacked Trump when he issued the travel ban in Jan of this year to China. Instead of giving the devil his due and saying this was a wise approach, he was condemned and called a "racist" for it.

    In case you're missing my theme, I just want people to be objective. Everyone wants to fight for their political "team". It's why I can't stand either party. You have alt right people who exalt Trump, then you have leftist "woke" people who will twist facts to make Trump look bad.

    By the way, the article I posted explains the people who were "gutted" from the US Global Health Security were moved to different positions in an effort to streamline global pandemics. It wasn't just focused on the US. Ironically, Trump touts "America First!" but he didn't do that by keeping Obama's original plan. Nevertheless, this isn't a detriment to Trump's decision making as it wouldn't have changed anything with THIS pandemic. Sort of like Trump's travel ban didn't stop Coronavirus from spreading to the US, though, it absolutely stunted the spread of it to allow time for health professionals to stay on top of it.
    The Post is absolutely a disreputable source. Go back and reread your article. There are a couple of facts and a WHOLE lot of liberal-bashing. That's not reporting, that's propaganda. They gave Trump credit for the preparedness rating. That's propaganda.

    What's sloppy, again, is attacking what other people said and using that as an argument here when I did not say those things. It's disingenuous. The office I'm referring to went from over 200 people to around 115. Gutted. I posted the relevant articles earlier in the week.
    Last edited by IndyRealist; 03-26-2020 at 03:41 PM.

  12. #642
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    45,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    https://nypost.com/2020/03/25/2019-s...le-a-pandemic/

    For all the bullshiz our orange president gets, can't we at least give the devil his due when he does something right?

    Someone asked what Trump has done to help this pandemic... how about when he issued a travel ban to China back in January? The "ultra woke" people called him a "racist" for it... How the hell do yall forget so easily?

    Anyways, read the article. The orange man has done as good a job as anyone else would have done against the coronavirus.



    Here is the thing... if Trump DIDN'T issue a travel ban for non-US citizens to China, then "woke" people would be saying "HE SHOULD HAVE CLOSED THE DAMN BORDER! INSTEAD, HE WILLINGLY LET ALL THESE PEOPLE COME IN SO CORONAVIRUS COULD BE SPREAD!" Another argument that would be made is, "Now China will be less likely to report cases because we punished them with a travel ban once they eventually came clean about the coronavirus!"

    But because Trump did close the border to China, he was a racist... Don't you see, there isn't anything he could have done to come out on top. Trump's daughter could have found the cure for Coronavirus, but instead of actually giving her credit, they would just talk about how Donald called her "hot". lol

    If Trump builds a flux capacitor, travels back in time, quarantines patient zero, and effectively stopped the pandemic from happening in the first place, the "woke" people would criticize him for how long it took him to build a flux capacitor... Or they will accuse him of colluding with Russia to create the flux capacitor and that's the only reason they were able to build it.

    Anyways, the orange man has done alright with the pandemic.
    He done a **** job


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  13. #643
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Hes the closest thing to Hitler we've ever had in the west so in certain areas his racism and bigotry would pay off in a situation such as this however in REAL TIME the response of your leadership has been really awful and deplorable frankly to most of the outside world.

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    you can't be serious

  14. #644
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,841
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    The Post is absolutely a disreputable source. Go back and reread your article. There are a couple of facts and a WHOLE lot of liberal-bashing. That's not reporting, that's propaganda. They gave Trump credit for the preparedness rating. That's propaganda.

    What's sloppy, again, is attacking what other people said and using that as an argument here when I did not say those things. It's disingenuous. The office I'm referring to went from over 200 people to around 115. Gutted. I posted the relevant articles earlier in the week.
    This is where you have to use critical thinking...

    Fox News: Trump is the greatest president in US history!
    CNN: Trump is a notch below Hitler
    MSNBC: Trump is an angry orange man!

    Of course these comments aren't real "news".


    Now then, these supposed news networks are filled with hot biased takes. I didn't refute they have an agenda. Nevertheless, they were REPORTING on actual facts in the article when it comes to the assessment made by the CDC and NIH.

    Fox News/CNN/MSNBC: New York remains the biggest hotspot infected by the Coronavirus according to the CDC's latest report.

    A broken clock is right twice a day... While they are always giving opinions on the news/politicians, they do on occasion report on the news. What I specifically quoted CAN BE FACT CHECKED! Don't take my word for it.

    I think you're mistaking my pointing this out as my claiming you said x y or z. I don't care if you said x y or z, I'm just stating facts which contradict your claims any organization was "gutted" and the leftists claims anything was defunded. Yes, the facts come from networks that care more about ratings than delivering the news, nevertheless, if they report "1 plus 1 equals 2"... they aren't wrong.

    Bottom line, get over who reported the facts... research it to see if they are true before you continue to spread misinformation. lol
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

    San Antonio Spurs

    PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

  15. #645
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,841
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He done a **** job


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fair enough. What should he have done in hindsight? Obviously hindsight is 20/20, but I'm curious what you think he should have done differently.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

    San Antonio Spurs

    PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •