Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 155 of 203 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 3041
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    LOl when you are fighting for a way of life that has worked out for everyone in this country for the last 400 years.... LOL im not sure you are putting people danger. Mother nature created corona. The reasonable course of action should not be to lock everyone down and destroy life as we know it.

There are problems on the other side, and even if you think any body leaving their home for anything non essential is a disaster that will cause deaths. The people wanting to protest this are doing it because they are suffering, they are having their lives taken from them. LOL you could argue that this is exactly when you want to have the right to challenge the government and speak out against it.

LOL you really expect everyone to just lay down and give up their kids growing up in a normal society? Give up their family business? Give up so many experiences in life?

Especially when there have ben states that have opened and we are not seeing the huge spikes that are overwhelming the system. There needs to be a sustainable balance, and that isnt everyone being locked down forever (or until they find a vaccine that may never exist)
    You are the densest mother****er I am not sure why I continue to do this.

struggling to make ends meet !== dying in a hospital alone and on a ventilator next week

nobody is having their lives taken from them. you speak in the most ridiculous and entitled of extremes.

omg now I'm giving up raising my kids in a normal society. no, I'm teaching them that life is not just about them, or even our family and that yes, sometimes they will have to make sacrifices but that they cannot escape personal responsibility.

when someone takes their own life I will teach them that while it is incredibly unfortunate it is a choice unfortunately that that individual made to give up rather than fight. the lockdown did not kill them, that is a losers distinction. millions of people get up to impoverished situations everyday - and fight to make them better. some quit. that is the essence of humanity imo. some people take responsibility for their situations and see it as their responsibility to change it, others focus on what they believe the world owes them. you seem to be the poster child for the latter.

can i tell you what I honestly see when I watch or read about these protesters? I see white people who don't have the strength to live the way millions of black Americans have lived their entire lives. if they can struggle their whole lives then we can rough it out for 6 months to put our lives back together.

And yes, people stirring discontent on social media are dangerous when they are aggressively pushing lies and disinformation. I'm not being disingenuous here - do you not see how dangerous it could have been for mankind had someone like Hitler had access to Facebook?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    you've never seen a cop broadcast to all, that killing innocent people is just and totally constitutional is the point. you're still not getting it.

except its not acting bad, its acting American. I use examples to highlight the point, you've yet to understand it and really haven't defended your position either. what makes it bad? that u have a different threshold for risk factors?
    There is one thing I will agree with chronz, and that is that for better or worse the people protesting are being uniquely "American", at least as the rest of the world sees it.

Pushing uneducated positions and throwing out the constitution to justify your selfish wants is very much an American tradition.

Btw, I am not meaning to offend all Americans as I am 100% certain that the majority of Americans are good people. But your president is Donald Trump, and even after all the embarrassment he has brought to Americans he still has some support so you've got some issues.

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

if covid 19 didnt exist and the government was locking people down and demonizing people who protested it..... would the government be acting constitutional?

would the protesters be evil in your mind?
    No, of course that would be quite different. But I am not one of these people that will oppose the government simply because of an irrational fear that one day they will use that power to enslave us. We have those people here too, btw.

we're testing uncharted waters with regards to online censorship. all the evidence and signs point to a left wing bias in these virtual town squares. I dont think it's as easy as just creating a new platform either but idk much on that front
    Trumpbook

interesting take:

Psychotherapist Dr Hugh Willbourn says lockdown zealots are displaying all the classic signs of cult members by doubling down on their beliefs despite having been proven wrong.

check out his website
    You would have had more luck posting a link and no description.

[QUOTE=Jamiecballer;33486155]

nobody is having their lives taken from them. you speak in the most ridiculous and entitled of extremes.
    They are having their freedoms taken from them. LOL basically millions of innocent people who most likely arent even infected are being held on house arrest.

omg now I'm giving up raising my kids in a normal society. no, I'm teaching them that life is not just about them, or even our family and that yes, sometimes they will have to make sacrifices but that they cannot escape personal responsibility.
    You dont think people could excersize personal responsibility when they are allowed outside? by staying home when they are sick, keeping their distance as much as possible, washing their hands often etc.??

when someone takes their own life I will teach them that while it is incredibly unfortunate it is a choice unfortunately that that individual made to give up rather than fight. the lockdown did not kill them, that is a losers distinction.
    so mental illness is just a weakness of the individual? There is plenty of science and research that might disagree with that. The government putting an incredible amount of stress on individuals can cause people of all races problems.

millions of people get up to impoverished situations everyday - and fight to make them better. some quit. that is the essence of humanity imo. some people take responsibility for their situations and see it as their responsibility to change it, others focus on what they believe the world owes them. you seem to be the poster child for the latter.
    maybe people think that going out and protesting is the way to try to better their situation. sitting and staying locked down doesnt really seem to be taking a proactive approach. Its just sort of accepting the government completely dictating your future and all of your dreams.

can i tell you what I honestly see when I watch or read about these protesters? I see white people who don't have the strength to live the way millions of black Americans have lived their entire lives. if they can struggle their whole lives then we can rough it out for 6 months to put our lives back together.
    I thought we would both despise what happened during slavery. I believe that any whiff of people having their freedoms taken away should be met with extremely strong resistance. Would it make you feel different if black people were not in favor of this lockdown? Should slaves had made the best of their situation and just focused on showing their strength to deal with it? Atleast it is sounding like you agree there is an infringement on basic civil liberties going on. You just seem to think whites should be quiet because slaves had to deal with it 160 yrs ago?

NOT TO GO AGAINST YOUR RACE CARD, BUT THERE WAS AN IRISH SLAVE TRADE TOO. ALSO MOST RACES HAVE BEEN HELD SLAVE IN ONE REGION OR THE ANOTHER AT SOME POINT IN HISTORY

And yes, people stirring discontent on social media are dangerous when they are aggressively pushing lies and disinformation. I'm not being disingenuous here - do you not see how dangerous it could have been for mankind had someone like Hitler had access to Facebook?
    Facebook and youtube delted a video a couple weeks ago of CA Doctors (Dan Erickson and Artin Massihi) creating a video showing the actual death rate for different age groups. The over all mortality rate when considering the people who have had it and werent tested. (They have antibodies).

The jist of the video was that corona can be a dangerous disease, but

1)it doesnt warrant 300 million jobs lost
    2) the vast majority of people who get it under 60 years old feel nothing other than fatigue for a few days.
    3) The median age of people being hospitalized for it is like 74 and the median age of people dieing from it is like 78-79.

4) It is killing the senior citizens at about 1.3 times the rate of the flu (and thats with most seniors having flu shots). Meaning many of the elders who are dieing are likely one bad flu away from the same fate.

5) Biggest negative difference from the flu isnt the mortality rate. COVID 19 appears to spread almost twice as easily.

Overall it was trying to give people information that was aimed at giving them a balanced view to help them assess their own risk reward. As oppose to the media who acts as if everyone is at serious risk if they catch this virus. BTW flu is 15 times more deadly to people under 25 yrs old. YOUR KIDS SHOULD NOT BE MISSING THEIR EDUCATION
    Last edited by likemystylez; 05-21-2020 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Trumpbook

already have that, it's called TWITter...where twits go to share opinions nobody asked for
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

People are getting to know the Stylez I've known for 12 years. He never changes. Rational argument does not apply.

They are having their freedoms taken from them. LOL basically millions of innocent people who most likely arent even infected are being held on house arrest.
    No they aren't. You and I can go outside. Prove it to yourself right now. Go outside.

You dont think people could excersize personal responsibility when they are allowed outside? by staying home when they are sick, keeping their distance as much as possible, washing their hands often etc.??

Kids? No. Teens? No. Adults? Most, but we've got people on our street who haven't taken this seriously the entire time. It's a contagious disease, asking people to be on their best behaviour will not work and if you understood how a virus works you would get that half measures won't work.

so mental illness is just a weakness of the individual? There is plenty of science and research that might disagree with that. The government putting an incredible amount of stress on individuals can cause people of all races problems.
    Man his username escapes me but as my fellow poster likes to say "what was said and what was heard are not the same thing".

maybe people think that going out and protesting is the way to try to better their situation. sitting and staying locked down doesnt really seem to be taking a proactive approach. Its just sort of accepting the government completely dictating your future and all of your dreams.
    yeah that's what is happening

I thought we would both despise what happened during slavery. I believe that any whiff of people having their freedoms taken away should be met with extremely strong resistance. Would it make you feel different if black people were not in favor of this lockdown? Should slaves had made the best of their situation and just focused on showing their strength to deal with it? Atleast it is sounding like you agree there is an infringement on basic civil liberties going on. You just seem to think whites should be quiet because slaves had to deal with it 160 yrs ago?

NOT TO GO AGAINST YOUR RACE CARD, BUT THERE WAS AN IRISH SLAVE TRADE TOO. ALSO MOST RACES HAVE BEEN HELD SLAVE IN ONE REGION OR THE ANOTHER AT SOME POINT IN HISTORY

Slaves were being treated as possessions and not treated equal. Try again.

Facebook and youtube delted a video a couple weeks ago of CA Doctors (Dan Erickson and Artin Massihi) creating a video showing the actual death rate for different age groups. The over all mortality rate when considering the people who have had it and werent tested. (They have antibodies).

The jist of the video was that corona can be a dangerous disease, but

1)it doesnt warrant 300 million jobs lost
    2) the vast majority of people who get it under 60 years old feel nothing other than fatigue for a few days.
    3) The median age of people being hospitalized for it is like 74 and the median age of people dieing from it is like 78-79.

4) It is killing the senior citizens at about 1.3 times the rate of the flu (and thats with most seniors having flu shots). Meaning many of the elders who are dieing are likely one bad flu away from the same fate.

5) Biggest negative difference from the flu isnt the mortality rate. COVID 19 appears to spread almost twice as easily.

Overall it was trying to give people information that was aimed at giving them a balanced view to help them assess their own risk reward. As oppose to the media who acts as if everyone is at serious risk if they catch this virus. BTW flu is 15 times more deadly to people under 25 yrs old. YOUR KIDS SHOULD NOT BE MISSING THEIR EDUCATION
    Those are the 2 that were misrepresenting facts and implying that Sweden was experiencing similar results to its neighbors even though the truth is Sweden has had a death rate that is one of the highest of the 213 countries and more than 6 times its neighbors, correct?

The same 2 that were considered to be giving such dangerous and incorrect info that 2 major health organizations publicly put out a statement condemning them a day or 2 later?

Can't imagine why they were deleted from social media networks.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    People are getting to know the Stylez I've known for 12 years. He never changes. Rational argument does not apply.
    im basically arguing in favor of a free society that has been paramount in the US for centuries. I am arguing against people who would basically be in favor of concentration camps if the government told them it was keeping others safe.

Am I in the twilight zone here?

Am I in the twilight zone here?
    Yes

You keep talking like martial law has been instituted. It hasn't.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Lol this is America bro. We have freedom. A constitution. We can't be oppressed like other places and people have needs.

I know a bunch of elites who have raped women before but authorities let them off (some may eventually come out but after they hide it, only sheep don't know about these things happening).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    you see how ur claims have to be hidden when the whole point of the constitution is that you can be open and out with it. show me a single public official advocating for your right to rape. a single police officer broadcasting to all. lol you have utterly failed here

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    There is one thing I will agree with chronz, and that is that for better or worse the people protesting are being uniquely "American", at least as the rest of the world sees it.

Pushing uneducated positions and throwing out the constitution to justify your selfish wants is very much an American tradition.

Btw, I am not meaning to offend all Americans as I am 100% certain that the majority of Americans are good people. But your president is Donald Trump, and even after all the embarrassment he has brought to Americans he still has some support so you've got some issues.

just so you know you've given zero facts, I'm cool with ur opinion. otherwise I think you're underestimating the other side. popularity isn't king, you should learn to respect both sides of this argument because the side you're clowning has been winning the war vs the many wrong projections from alleged experts. some of those experts have changed their stance altogether, others have doubled down.

"Psychotherapist Dr Hugh Willbourn says lockdown zealots are displaying all the classic signs of cult members by doubling down on their beliefs despite having been proven wrong."

again, you've already admitted to not having ur own all knowing model, how can u predict anything? can u even begin to quantify your opinion? alleged experts could really use your help in that department

I honestly think its like trying to explain colors to a blind man but you're the type to be ok with censorship even when its eventually proven to be a valid complaint. there's something grotesque about that to me, so yes, this feeling is uniquely American but plenty around the world have it in them. I hope those people make it here. we need more of them
    Last edited by Chronz; 05-21-2020 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Yes

You keep talking like martial law has been instituted. It hasn't.
    I don't think he's saying that but if it gets there, I'm assuming you will all join the fray then? or will the "it's for your safety " line work then too?

seriously tho, how long would you be willing to live this way? after the 2nd wave hits?

just so you know you've given zero facts, I'm cool with ur opinion. otherwise I think you're underestimating the other side. popularity isn't king, you should learn to respect both sides of this argument because the side you're clowning has been winning the war vs the many wrong projections from alleged experts. some of those experts have changed their stance altogether, others have doubled down.

"Psychotherapist Dr Hugh Willbourn says lockdown zealots are displaying all the classic signs of cult members by doubling down on their beliefs despite having been proven wrong."

again, you've already admitted to not having ur own all knowing model, how can u predict anything? can u even begin to quantify your opinion?

I honestly think its like trying to explain colors to a blind man but you're the type to be ok with censorship even when its eventually proven to be a valid complaint. there's something grotesque about that to me, so yes, this feeling is uniquely American but plenty around the world have it in them. I hope those people make it here. we need more of them
    Nothing has been proven wrong. It cant be

The scientific consensus adheres to the data, as data improves, the consensus follows the data. Garbage in , Garbage out.

The lockdown areas are preventing deaths at a higher rate across the board.

It's an objective fact. The way that covid 19 spreads can be effectively slowed if people STAY THE **** HOME and socially distance. Wear masks when you go out.

To not do all of those things to the best of one's ability is selfish.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.