Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 150 of 201 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 3008
  1. #2236
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,916
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I don't think anyone in here has said specifically anyone who thinks opening up sooner than later is a horrible person though.

    What people have done is pointed out playing political games/breaking orders/tearing them up openly and so on in clear defiance and so on are people going over the top and being selfish/ignorant/acting in ways that potentially harm society for their own personal beliefs/benefit. If you think Prom is more important than this pandemic and we need to cater our societies rules/regulations to your prom over the health of all is a selfish outlook and so on seems pretty fair to say.

    I agree with the general idea I just am not sure how it overly applies more than people saying the above like what I did. Those people are putting others at risk/breaking state orders and so on to push their beliefs. That is where it goes too far and what most have actually been calling out throughout the thread. When you/stylez/chronz bring up then defend that hairdresser who actively did this stuff choosing to break orders, rip them in defiance/political manner, teaming up for political reasons to start, massive crowds not practicing distancing affecting other nearby people just wanting to work in safe environment and so on that is starting to defend people going to extremes to push these views. That type of stuff is the problem, the how people go about pushing their views in bad ways often ignoring potential harm to others in society for their beliefs.
    I think you and I agree more than we disagree, surprisingly. We just focus on the parts we disagree on or view differently. However, I quoted Saddle saying people just wanted to earn a buck at the expense of [elderly] people dying. He even owned he was one who said it after our discussion a week or 2 ago.

    I don't think Saddle represents the majority of the people who are on that side though. He represents the minority of people who argue a false narrative of it being either "money" or "saving lives". Just as the majority of people who want to open up want to do so safety while doing everything else possible to protect those who are most vulnerable of covid-19.

    I also never defending the woman ripping up the order and talked to a crowd of people. In fact, I never even commented on that aspect of what she did. She wasn't jailed for that, so to me, I felt it was moot. You missed the bigger picture if you're focusing on that and not on her refusing to stay locked down so she could earn money to feed her children (along with her hair stylists).
    Last edited by Redrum187; 05-20-2020 at 07:44 PM.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

    San Antonio Spurs

    PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

  2. #2237
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Not sure what you donít get, gopher. Youíre either on the side of convenience or the side of death. No middle ground.
    False narrative brother. There is middle ground. It's not all about "wanting to earn a buck" and being a heartless @$$hole OR shutting down indefinitely and saving lives.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

    San Antonio Spurs

    PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

  3. #2238
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,207
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I don't think anyone in here has said specifically anyone who thinks opening up sooner than later is a horrible person though.

    What people have done is pointed out playing political games/breaking orders/tearing them up openly and so on in clear defiance and so on are people going over the top and being selfish/ignorant/acting in ways that potentially harm society for their own personal beliefs/benefit. If you think Prom is more important than this pandemic and we need to cater our societies rules/regulations to your prom over the health of all is a selfish outlook and so on seems pretty fair to say.

    I agree with the general idea I just am not sure how it overly applies more than people saying the above like what I did. Those people are putting others at risk/breaking state orders and so on to push their beliefs. That is where it goes too far and what most have actually been calling out throughout the thread. When you/stylez/chronz bring up then defend that hairdresser who actively did this stuff choosing to break orders, rip them in defiance/political manner, teaming up for political reasons to start, massive crowds not practicing distancing affecting other nearby people just wanting to work in safe environment and so on that is starting to defend people going to extremes to push these views. That type of stuff is the problem, the how people go about pushing their views in bad ways often ignoring potential harm to others in society for their beliefs.
    The orders were a clear infringement on civil rights. Its funny that you say people in favor of living a free life are extreme.... but you dont seem to think locking down an entire country for an unlimited amount of time is not an extreme measure??

    Those views need to be pushed or the governments will continue to abuse their power and it will continue to get more oppressive.

    Also saddle- you worry about that one lady lieing about her small business loans. However- there are thousands of small businesses that will never open up again? who is looking out for them? Are the people who want to stay safe going to personally pay to get all of those businesses back up and running? People need to stand up and fight or there wont be anything to fight for.
    Last edited by likemystylez; 05-20-2020 at 07:35 PM.

  4. #2239
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    False narrative brother. There is middle ground. It's not all about "wanting to earn a buck" and being a heartless @$$hole OR shutting down indefinitely and saving lives.
    Im hoping that he was intentionally going to an extreme to get a reaction. but yes- there is the side of reason and the side absolute panic

  5. #2240
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,916
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    The orders were a clear infringement on civil rights. Its funny that you say people in favor of living a free life are extreme.... but you dont seem to think locking down an entire country for an unlimited amount of time is not an extreme measure??

    Those views need to be pushed or the governments will continue to abuse their power and it will continue to get more oppressive.

    Also saddle- you worry about that one lady lieing about her small business loans. However- there are thousands of small businesses that will never open up again? who is looking out for them? Are the people who want to stay safe going to personally pay to get all of those businesses back up and running? People need to stand up and fight or there wont be anything to fight for.
    Many of them expect them government to bail them out. To some extent, I agree because they were/are forced out of business not because they want to... but they are shut down when they don't even need to be, that's the problem.

    It's easy to tell someone they are a selfish prick who just wants to earn a buck when you aren't an investor/owner of something you've poured your entire life into.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

    San Antonio Spurs

    PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

  6. #2241
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    I think you and I agree more than we disagree, surprisingly. We just focus on the parts we disagree on or view differently. However, I quoted Saddle saying people just wanted to earn a buck at the expense of [elderly] people dying. He even owned he was one who said it after our discussion a week or 2 ago.

    I don't think Saddle represents the majority of the people who are on that side though. He represents the minority of people who argue a false narrative of it being either "money" or "saving lives". Just as the majority of people who want to open up want to do so safety while doing everything else possible to protect those who are most vulnerable of covid-19.

    I also never defending the woman ripping up the order and talked to a crowd of people. In fact, I never even commented on that aspect of what she did. She wasn't jailed for that, so to me, I felt it was moot. You missed the bigger picture if you're focusing on that and not on her refusing to stay locked down so she could earn money to feed her children (along with her hair stylists).
    I don't think it is that surprising, I think a large majority of people are in a similar spot. That's why I don't get why people feel the need to defend certain extremes or push narratives about the extremes and so on and often engage with you.

    That is being pushed to defend extreme actions but it does not excuse them nor is it necessarily true given all the background info (looks like she went out of her way to profit/make it political and defy the orders and judge in open manner, not try and help crowds breaking order and disrupting other businesses etc. which is more than just going to work to feed children). She is a great example of the problems/extremists and was used to try and gain sympathy still because she played to emotions about feeding kids in a speech. The reality is those were words and her actions tell a completely different and more extreme story which is a major issue it isn't her wanting to feed kids people bash it is ALL the other ACTIONS and so on taken throughout that's the problem you are focused on the political narrative. If I say I don't want my grandma to die and punch someone in the face for not wearing a mask my bad action isn't justified because others are sympathetic of old people catching this possibly. It's an excuse for my wrongdoing.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 05-20-2020 at 08:06 PM.

  7. #2242
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,171
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    The orders were a clear infringement on civil rights. Its funny that you say people in favor of living a free life are extreme.... but you dont seem to think locking down an entire country for an unlimited amount of time is not an extreme measure??

    Those views need to be pushed or the governments will continue to abuse their power and it will continue to get more oppressive.

    Also saddle- you worry about that one lady lieing about her small business loans. However- there are thousands of small businesses that will never open up again? who is looking out for them? Are the people who want to stay safe going to personally pay to get all of those businesses back up and running? People need to stand up and fight or there wont be anything to fight for.
    If that is true then take it to court and defend your rights. You can say whatever you want but it is only true if proven so go ahead and do so. So if the entire country is acting illegally show it. If one small area is show it but realize that is an extreme/small sample.

    You can push views you want. You can't just start breaking the rules in place, putting others at risk, ignoring others in society and so on to push your views without being called out for it.

  8. #2243
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,612
    according to jp Morgan Quant and derivatives strat, the virus Ro factor has decreased in blue states AFTER their lockdown ended. how is this possible?

  9. #2244
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,612
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    If that is true then take it to court and defend your rights. You can say whatever you want but it is only true if proven so go ahead and do so. So if the entire country is acting illegally show it. If one small area is show it but realize that is an extreme/small sample.

    You can push views you want. You can't just start breaking the rules in place, putting others at risk, ignoring others in society and so on to push your views without being called out for it.
    you can most definitely break unlawful orders. putting others at risk? we used to do that daily without draconian measures, what's the threshold for when ur willing to live with risk again?

  10. #2245
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    you can most definitely break unlawful orders. putting others at risk? we used to do that daily without draconian measures, what's the threshold for when ur willing to live with risk again?
    If they are proven to be unlawful then you could sure but that has yet to be shown. I am always willing to live with certain risks others may not be but I am staying as safe as possible out of concern for others when I am out in a public area and so on.

    I don't have an issue with people having different opinions, again, it is about those who are going to extremes breaking the orders etc. creating more risk to push their beliefs/agenda. Like RR says most people are closer together than many realize but defending bad actions you normally wouldn't just because someone is on the same belief side as you is only making it worse at the same time.

  11. #2246
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    46,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    according to jp Morgan Quant and derivatives strat, the virus Ro factor has decreased in blue states AFTER their lockdown ended. how is this possible?
    Have you considered meds other than the steroids?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  12. #2247
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,612
    Fyi, remember that deal I was talking about to get infected with the rona, I'm guessing they're struggling to find people but if anyone is interested, allegedly, volunteers get 4,500 for injecting yourself with it. different than simply being exposed to it. whos down?




    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    If they are proven to be unlawful then you could sure but that has yet to be shown. I am always willing to live with certain risks others may not be but I am staying as safe as possible out of concern for others when I am out in a public area and so on.

    I don't have an issue with people having different opinions, again, it is about those who are going to extremes breaking the orders etc. creating more risk to push their beliefs/agenda. Like RR says most people are closer together than many realize but defending bad actions you normally wouldn't just because someone is on the same belief side as you is only making it worse at the same time.
    I disagree, plenty has been proven. officers all over not enforcing them. certain people are making themselves heard and making small headway. I myself had the cops called on me twice from ******* scared of alil fresh air and sunshine(tho tbf, one of those times I was being an *** hole). told the cops what I know and what my doctor recommends and not so much as a warning. businesses can do whatever the **** they want but the public space is free.

  13. #2248
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,612
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Have you considered meds other than the steroids?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    is there something for hemorrhoids?

  14. #2249
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    26,147
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    The orders were a clear infringement on civil rights. Its funny that you say people in favor of living a free life are extreme.... but you dont seem to think locking down an entire country for an unlimited amount of time is not an extreme measure??

    Those views need to be pushed or the governments will continue to abuse their power and it will continue to get more oppressive.

    Also saddle- you worry about that one lady lieing about her small business loans. However- there are thousands of small businesses that will never open up again? who is looking out for them? Are the people who want to stay safe going to personally pay to get all of those businesses back up and running? People need to stand up and fight or there wont be anything to fight for.
    Fear mongerer

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  15. #2250
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Fyi, remember that deal I was talking about to get infected with the rona, I'm guessing they're struggling to find people but if anyone is interested, allegedly, volunteers get 4,500 for injecting yourself with it. different than simply being exposed to it. whos down?






    I disagree, plenty has been proven. officers all over not enforcing them. certain people are making themselves heard and making small headway. I myself had the cops called on me twice from ******* scared of alil fresh air and sunshine(tho tbf, one of those times I was being an *** hole). told the cops what I know and what my doctor recommends and not so much as a warning. businesses can do whatever the **** they want but the public space is free.
    This is not proving anything to be unlawful it is a bunch of random one off experiences you are describing nothing related to the law/constitution lol.

    The example given was someone actually getting fined and so on. Just because some people go overboard and call to tattle on others doesn't mean state orders aren't legitimate. I shouldn't even have to go on lol this is ridiculous Chronz.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •