Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 51 of 203 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 765 of 3040
  1. #751
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    31,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I'm only laughing at the **** heaped upon me for my purposely ubiquitous stance. I remember when I used to think like you, needing a quick and concise answer. well, sorry bud but when you've been through this game long enough you realize certain facts take time to come to light. some never do.

    if you were here before me, of course I would do my best to give you a snippet of knowledge that took a long time to realize in however much time you gave me, but right now bruh? ur just another in a long line of people who simply aren't ready or able to process what else could be happening.

    trust me man, I wish I could go back to simpy trusting, believing everything the herd said. I was better that way, given the confines I was one of the best. oh well








  2. #752
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    8,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    pretty sure that's never been the argument here tho, right...
    That's been the most recent propaganda, including here, yes. That the economy can't survive a shut down and we're better off reopening things since it mostly kills the elderly and sick, who aren't really contributors anyway.


    https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/31/polit...rus/index.html
    Last edited by IndyRealist; 03-31-2020 at 07:01 PM.

  3. #753
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,319
    Jesus ****ing Christ. There are some truly special people on this forum. The social experiment that is PSD never ceases to amaze me.


    Rippin' lips son!!

  4. #754
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7,191
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    That's been the most recent propaganda, including here, yes. That the economy can't survive a shut down and we're better off reopening things since it mostly kills the elderly and sick, who aren't really contributors anyway.


    https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/31/polit...rus/index.html
    That’s one way for Trump to take that social security and Medicare/Medicaid money to pay for his trickle down tax cuts. And I see those did no ****ing good whatsoever kinda like how most people with at least half a brain predicted.

    Also, I love how we’re all just sheep who believe what we’re told by the vast majority of scientists and experts but Chronz over here talked to a couple of doctors, college kids and even fewer of their professors and is talking **** over it.

  5. #755
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    yeah idc that you dont care, anti vaxxers like an old doctor of mine aint crazy. you come off brainwashed with all this worthless drivel.
    Oh, the irony.

  6. #756
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,626
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    That's been the most recent propaganda, including here, yes. That the economy can't survive a shut down and we're better off reopening things since it mostly kills the elderly and sick, who aren't really contributors anyway.


    https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/31/polit...rus/index.html
    that's cnn tho. I'll read it later if I have to but do you have something more credible as a source?

  7. #757
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Oh, the irony.
    I remember being like you. ignorance truly is bliss

  8. #758
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,626
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Jesus ****ing Christ. There are some truly special people on this forum. The social experiment that is PSD never ceases to amaze me.
    wait till you venture outside psd

  9. #759
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    8,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    that's cnn tho. I'll read it later if I have to but do you have something more credible as a source?
    You can get to the op-ed written by a Republican senator linked in the article.

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...es/2937302001/

  10. #760
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,917
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    That's been the most recent propaganda, including here, yes. That the economy can't survive a shut down and we're better off reopening things since it mostly kills the elderly and sick, who aren't really contributors anyway.


    https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/31/polit...rus/index.html
    It's really sensationalism and strawman arguments like this that turn moderates off to the left.

    It's actually a fair question to ask, "At what point do we reopen the economy if the transmission of the virus persists?" If it took 3 years of lock down to guarantee the Coronavirus is eradicated from the earth, would you say "Go for it!"? I mean, you would save lives... but 3 years of a broken economy? At what point is the cure for the virus worse than the actual virus itself?
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

    San Antonio Spurs

    PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

  11. #761
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    8,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    It's really sensationalism and strawman arguments like this that turn moderates off to the left.

    It's actually a fair question to ask, "At what point do we reopen the economy if the transmission of the virus persists?" If it took 3 years of lock down to guarantee the Coronavirus is eradicated from the earth, would you say "Go for it!"? I mean, you would save lives... but 3 years of a broken economy? At what point is the cure for the virus worse than the actual virus itself?
    We KNOW it doesn't take 3 years because S. Korea is already recovering. That is a exaggerated argument. Most of the deaths that will happen were preventable, but we can't seem to get out of our own way.

  12. #762
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    12,558
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    We KNOW it doesn't take 3 years because S. Korea is already recovering. That is a exaggerated argument. Most of the deaths that will happen were preventable, but we can't seem to get out of our own way.
    so how long here in the US will we be shut down? Or when will it get better than what it is currently?
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

    HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

    2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

  13. #763
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    31,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    It's really sensationalism and strawman arguments like this that turn moderates off to the left.

    It's actually a fair question to ask, "At what point do we reopen the economy if the transmission of the virus persists?" If it took 3 years of lock down to guarantee the Coronavirus is eradicated from the earth, would you say "Go for it!"? I mean, you would save lives... but 3 years of a broken economy? At what point is the cure for the virus worse than the actual virus itself?
    Is it a strawman argument? Because I've seen multiple Republican politicians and right-wing media members suggest the same basic idea: the economy is more important than the health of the sick and the elderly. And that's hardly a new way of thinking—if hearing conservatives take that stance surprises you, you haven't been paying attention to the GOP the last few decades.

    You're right in the sense that having the long-term conversation is better. Nobody in their right mind should be thinking it's a good idea to stop social distancing right now... except that some conservatives ARE suggesting that already, which should scare the **** out of you a little bit.

    But I honestly think anyone suggesting it's a good idea right now OR long-term isn't thinking about the toll it would take on so many other aspects of life that would lead to something far worse than a tanking economy and people having to stay at home. You're talking about a virus that could infect the majority of the world's population and with health care systems overwhelmed worldwide, a death rate that would climb exponentially from the 2-3% we're seeing today.

    What happens if that mortality rate is double digits? And what does it mean for the economy when so many people are sick that people can't do their jobs for long stretches of time? Do people travel anymore and do anything fun when they know everyone everywhere is sick, ultimately killing travel, tourism, entertainment and restaurants anyway? Underdeveloped countries get worse. As a society, we stop caring about our sick and elderly, because they're taking hospital beds away from people who have a far greater chance of survival.

    Hell, does the virus become so bad that inevitably people end up only wanting to work from home anymore, inevitably killing the economy anyway? Plus, now you've got millions and millions of dead people you could have saved if you'd just shut the **** up and stayed inside your house for a few months?

    So, no, I don't think that argument holds a ton of weight. I don't think we'll be living inside our houses forever either, as a vaccine for this will almost certainly get developed over time as we learn more and more about this disease. But if you told me that this thing would lead to a massive shift in society for a few years where people mostly just work from home or in industries that didn't require interaction, where hugging and handshakes were reserved for only immediate families, where "live" events meant watching other people perform and entertain from your computer, I'm OK with it. That sucks, but it's better than the alternative...


  14. #764
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,207
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    so how long here in the US will we be shut down? Or when will it get better than what it is currently?
    Thats the problem that republicans are having understanding what the plan is exactly. Is there some tangible goal that we are waiting for to happen in order to start opening the economy back up? Is that goal attainable in a reasonable amount of time? Continuing to say this wont be forever while not really giving anything we are suppose to look for?

    I mean right now- if the deaths are continuing to go up- they can say "this is no time to ease up on social distancing" then if the numbers start to go down or flatten out... they will say "this is no time to ease up on the social distancing". Its just very unclear what we are trying to accomplish.

    Also- if the death numbers are still going up at this pace in 2-3 months.... that would mean people are sitting at home and still finding a way to get infected and dying at an even higher rate than they were in February when everyone was out and about living their lives.


    Is also suspicious that our deaths started jumping right when the government decided to make a huge deal out of this. It wasnt a huge issue for 2+ months before that? Since they keep saying nobody knows the curve... how did they know to shut everything down right when they did? Also- how do they know the next 2 weeks will be bad before we start to flatten out.

  15. #765
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,207
    Also people on the right are not saying they want to just throw all the potential victims under the buss. Obviously they want to take precautions, practice good hygiene and Limit gatherings. maybe even where masks if you are going to be interacting with a lot of people for extended periods of time.

    People on the left literally dont want to do anything at all to keep the economy going during all this. They dont even want to discuss a plan to try and balance both issues at the same time.

    The right are more interested in helping save lives than the left is in helping to prevent a depression.

    People who want to live in a bubble their whole life... have at it. people who want to experience freedoms and rights that our constitution gives us let them do that too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •