Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 37 of 203 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    If you put even a fraction of those 1% into the US healthcare system at the same time everything will crash and people with heart conditions, staph infections, pneumonia, asthma, etc. will die too. There aren't enough beds, let alone medical staff or equipment to take care of them. Never mind how many medical workers will get sick and then can't take care of anyone.

My hospital is HUGE and has around 100 ICU beds and less than 700 total beds including emergency disaster facilities. A community hospital might have two dozen ICU beds and 300 total. If they just let things spread and you get in a car accident, they'll have nowhere to take you. The whole point of this is so that the spread is slow enough that the medical system can keep up.
    It looks like he changed his tune from (and I’m paraphrasing here) ‘we shoulda shut down China when this first happened’ to ‘Welp, business gotta stay up so **** the people that get this’. Correlated to what his boy Trump said about getting back to business soon and just dealing with the repercussions. Stylez went from close the borders to just be careful.

Problems are what you said but also how many people will be out of a job if we (direct Stylez quote): “shut down concerts, sporting events, bars or anything where keeping distance might be difficult”? It’s a snowball effect but Trump wants to just keep the ball rolling because A) it’s an election year and B) he doesn’t give a damn about the average American citizen. Too many of his buddies aren’t making as much money so they’re in his ear to get back to work. They’ll be fine because although we keep hearing about testing shortages we sure do also hear about how rich people are getting tested.

I know we’ve all seen the meme where the middle class is supposed to have 6 months in savings but billion dollar businesses need to be bailed out after a week or two with slower sales all while hearing about bonuses and stock buybacks. We're royally screwed and we need the adults to come back to the table and let the conmen sail on to the next grift.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    It looks like he changed his tune from (and I’m paraphrasing here) ‘we shoulda shut down China when this first happened’ to ‘Welp, business gotta stay up so **** the people that get this’. Correlated to what his boy Trump said about getting back to business soon and just dealing with the repercussions. Stylez went from close the borders to just be careful.

Problems are what you said but also how many people will be out of a job if we (direct Stylez quote): “shut down concerts, sporting events, bars or anything where keeping distance might be difficult”? It’s a snowball effect but Trump wants to just keep the ball rolling because A) it’s an election year and B) he doesn’t give a damn about the average American citizen. Too many of his buddies aren’t making as much money so they’re in his ear to get back to work. They’ll be fine because although we keep hearing about testing shortages we sure do also hear about how rich people are getting tested.

I know we’ve all seen the meme where the middle class is supposed to have 6 months in savings but billion dollar businesses need to be bailed out after a week or two with slower sales all while hearing about bonuses and stock buybacks. We're royally screwed and we need the adults to come back to the table and let the conmen sail on to the next grift.
    Im worried more about the middle class than the billionaires being able to survive a 10-12 yr recession.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    If I was running things, and we had to stop people from being able to work, then I would stop bill collectors from being able to collect. Can’t just stop one half of the earth from spinning. You gotta push the pause button on everything.
    then everyone would need to stop using resources that have value. stop using power, stop using gas, stop using water, stop eating and hydrating ourselves. There are obviously costs to all these things

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Im worried more about the middle class than the billionaires being able to survive a 10-12 yr recession.
    likewise... the middle class is the majority of people that wont be bringing in any money if everything is shut down. Maybe they could use a stimulus check or something, maybe Trump could get that going and surely nobody would oppose that right?
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post

It's not very consistent of stylez to say that China should have shut down their entire country immediately to contain the virus, but we shouldn't shut down our country to do the same. But that's the difference between "someone should do something about that" and "I should do something about that".
    Last edited by IndyRealist; 03-24-2020 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    likewise... the middle class is the majority of people that wont be bringing in any money if everything is shut down. Maybe they could use a stimulus check or something, maybe Trump could get that going and surely nobody would oppose that right?
    They gonna stimulus check us for the next 6-8 months or more? I mean I don’t make **** compared to most people and the amount that we would get for our family wouldn’t even be a months worth of pay for just me much less our combined income. So no a “stimulus check” ain’t gonna do ****.

Rippin' lips son!!

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    They gonna stimulus check us for the next 6-8 months or more? I mean I don’t make **** compared to most people and the amount that we would get for our family wouldn’t even be a months worth of pay for just me much less our combined income. So no a “stimulus check” ain’t gonna do ****.
    that's fine.. ill PM you my address and you can just sign yours over to me and drop it in the mail. It's not supposed to replace your current income, its supposed to help people get through. To my knowledge he was going to send out 1 as soon as it was agreed upon, then look to send another in 6/8 weeks or so if the country was still under a national emergency
    Last edited by MarkieMark48; 03-24-2020 at 10:53 AM.

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

It's not very consistent of stylez to say that China should have shut down their entire country immediately to contain the virus, but we shouldn't shut down our country to do the same. But that's the difference between "someone should do something about that" and "I should do something about that".
    The inconsistency came when the original shut down in the bay area was until april 6th or 7th. Now people are throwing out the idea of mid summer, 18 months and all over the place. I see old people outside all the time basically living their lives the exact way they were living it 3-4 weeks ago. I would be for a complete shut down for 2 weeks with everybody participating. Im not for a half *** shut down for 18 months with some people walking around and doing every day things and the entire economy stopped.

I would be in favor of closing the borders for 60-90 days. and maybe even a mandatory quarantine for arrivals international flights after that for a year or so. (Thats something China did not do!)

Id be in favor of putting a stop on group gatherings for a few months. id rather use the stimulus money on health services and developing a plan to protect the most vulnerable... while sending the bulk of the rest of society back to work. There would be segments of the work force still struggling for a few months- and maybe boost their unemployment benefits.

all i hear is how horrible this is going to get even in the middle of a shut down. Nobody was saying this a month ago when we were open and going to basketball games and ****.... now somehow we are in more danger with everything shut down?

The inconsistency came when the original shut down in the bay area was until april 6th or 7th. Now people are throwing out the idea of mid summer, 18 months and all over the place. I see old people outside all the time basically living their lives the exact way they were living it 3-4 weeks ago. I would be for a complete shut down for 2 weeks with everybody participating. Im not for a half *** shut down for 18 months with some people walking around and doing every day things and the entire economy stopped.

I would be in favor of closing the borders for 60-90 days. and maybe even a mandatory quarantine for arrivals international flights after that for a year or so. (Thats something China did not do!)

Id be in favor of putting a stop on group gatherings for a few months. id rather use the stimulus money on health services and developing a plan to protect the most vulnerable... while sending the bulk of the rest of society back to work. There would be segments of the work force still struggling for a few months- and maybe boost their unemployment benefits.

all i hear is how horrible this is going to get even in the middle of a shut down. Nobody was saying this a month ago when we were open and going to basketball games and ****.... now somehow we are in more danger with everything shut down?
    I'm with this, be completely miserable for 2 weeks, or kinda miserable for the unknown foreseeable future

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    I'm with this, be completely miserable for 2 weeks, or kinda miserable for the unknown foreseeable future
    Thinking a two week shutdown would end this is pie in the sky though.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Well then maybe it shouldn't have been put in people's heads that the leftist media was blowing this out of proportion to attack Trump. Or that America was safe and this was the rest of the world's problem. Or that we were responding to the crisis when we weren't. Half-assed measures happened because of the half-assed federal response. States and health professionals have been BEGGING for help.

You want to throw 3-7 MILLION people under the bus because the President is incompetent and Fox News brainwashed our parents.

Well then maybe it shouldn't have been put in people's heads that the leftist media was blowing this out of proportion to attack Trump. Or that America was safe and this was the rest of the world's problem. Or that we were responding to the crisis when we weren't. Half-assed measures happened because of the half-assed federal response. States and health professionals have been BEGGING for help.

You want to throw 3-7 MILLION people under the bus because the President is incompetent and Fox News brainwashed our parents.
    I think there is a course of action where the immediate solution is not to destroy the economy and sacrifice quality of life for 99.5% of the population. Not to mention violate our constitutional civil rights. LOL the whole country is basically being treated like prisoners and there doesnt seem to be an end date in sight. (Not sure thats not concerning for people).

But keep blaming the president for trying to find a solution to help as many people now and in the future as possible.

As far as states begging for help? I listened to Andrew Cuomo on the radio thismorning..... saying how serious the problem is.... yet less than 2 days ago NYC was not shut down? where Monterey CA has been shut down for over a week. Cuomo was saying NY was the first place hit (Im not sure how he was able to confirm that) but if thats the case..... why on earth did they take so long to shut the place down??

The shut down will not work unless everyone does it. I have done it here in the bay area since we started last monday. I am fine doing it until april 6th or 7th or whatever. I am not ok doing it to an undisclosed time up to 18 months.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Thinking a two week shutdown would end this is pie in the sky though.
    it would go a hell of a long way in figuring a lot of this **** out

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

I think there is a course of action where the immediate solution is not to destroy the economy and sacrifice quality of life for 99.5% of the population. Not to mention violate our constitutional civil rights. LOL the whole country is basically being treated like prisoners and there doesnt seem to be an end date in sight. (Not sure thats not concerning for people).

But keep blaming the president for trying to find a solution to help as many people now and in the future as possible.

As far as states begging for help? I listened to Andrew Cuomo on the radio thismorning..... saying how serious the problem is.... yet less than 2 days ago NYC was not shut down? where Monterey CA has been shut down for over a week. Cuomo was saying NY was the first place hit (Im not sure how he was able to confirm that) but if thats the case..... why on earth did they take so long to shut the place down??

The shut down will not work unless everyone does it. I have done it here in the bay area since we started last monday. I am fine doing it until april 6th or 7th or whatever. I am not ok doing it to an undisclosed time up to 18 months.
    I'm not trading my parents for my 401k. Maybe that's ok to you, maybe that's ok with Trump, but States will never go along with sacrificing millions of people for the stock market.

I'm not trading my parents for my 401k. Maybe that's ok to you, maybe that's ok with Trump, but States will never go along with sacrificing millions of people for the stock market.
    they might be willing to meet in the middle with some sort of plan to try and not destroy either side. Even hardcore liberal Andrew Cuomo said there is a way to do both.

Do you honestly think its sustainable to keep the entire economy shut for 18 months? your 401k is not the only thing at risk.