Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 203 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    all 5 counties here in the bay area have been shut down since Tuesday. I think Los Angeles has been shut down too since that time. Last night the entire state was ordered to shut down.

Originally they said it wouldnt be forever.... but when Newsom made the announcement last night.... it kinda sounded like this is what life is going to be like from here on out. There was no talk of an end date.
    LA wasn't shut down until today.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I didn't say I wanted it, just that everybody staying home makes it take longer to "go away" not less time.
    Ok. Misunderstood.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Boomers suck right now. Many of them donít know or care what is going on. My m-i-l wanted to take the kids to the playground today. And my mother wanted to swing by and drop off some leftovers. Nope and nope. Iíve seen several people say it now, the more people that donít abide, the longer weíre going to be in this situation.
    Boomers watch Fox News, and Fox News initially told everyone that this was liberal media blowing things out of proportion to attack Trump. The first thing someone hears is what they're most likely to believe, and once they decide on an opinion no amount of evidence will convince them otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Boomers watch Fox News, and Fox News initially told everyone that this was liberal media blowing things out of proportion to attack Trump. The first thing someone hears is what they're most likely to believe, and once they decide on an opinion no amount of evidence will convince them otherwise.
    Itís mind numbing how many people think this is just the Democrats trying to make Trump look bad. The democrats couldnít even beat an orange reality TV star in an election but somehow have started a worldwide pandemic to hurt Trump....Jesus Christ.

Rippin' lips son!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I didn't say I wanted it, just that everybody staying home makes it take longer to "go away" not less time.
    Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Huh?
    Technically if we just had a free for all and let people get infected with no prevention it would peak and taper off MUCH MUCH quicker but it would come at the cost of many more lives.

Rippin' lips son!!

Democrats werent all that concerned about the spread either at the start. wasnt bernie organizing rallies and encouraging thousands of people to come? Not like he was making an effort to stop the spread.

Also- I love how in the last week or so, it has become offensive to call this the Wuhan virus.

CNN sits there and praises china's handling of the virus.... not mentioning they left their airports wide open for months after this broke out. Thats how its all over the world now.

Democrats werent all that concerned about the spread either at the start. wasnt bernie organizing rallies and encouraging thousands of people to come? Not like he was making an effort to stop the spread.

Also- I love how in the last week or so, it has become offensive to call this the Wuhan virus.

CNN sits there and praises china's handling of the virus.... not mentioning they left their airports wide open for months after this broke out. Thats how its all over the world now.

easy man... be careful saying everyone could have done a better job.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Technically if we just had a free for all and let people get infected with no prevention it would peak and taper off MUCH MUCH quicker but it would come at the cost of many more lives.
    survival of the fittest!!! ever watched the show "last ship" on tnt?
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    easy man... be careful saying everyone could have done a better job.
    LOL... now its "be careful", but CNN is literally saying that all day long about the current Administration.... and thats nothing to question.

I personally think its a waste of time to blame anybody for this..... but it seems mainstream media has one person to blame this all on.

I havenít heard it called the Wuhan virus. Just the Chinese Virus. And yes itís idiotic to call it that as we have a nation full of idiots. It does create a stigma when in reality for people with an ounce of common sense it is a name based off where it came.

Fox vs CNN. Blame each other, what the other side said is wrong. Canít blame democrats or republicans for the stupidity of a nation alone.

I wasn't speaking about politicians, but specifically about Fox News and how they put Boomers in danger. But if you want to talk about politicians, then your argument is a false equivalency. Continuing to hold rallies early is not the same as committing insider trading, selling off stock when you know the market is going to crash while telling the public that it is liberal fearmongering. One was a mistake, the other was profiting millions off of people dying.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ronavirus.html

Democrats are also not to left out:

https://nypost.com/2020/03/20/richar...irus-briefing/

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    the media is doing no such thing. the only way I'm taking the vaccine is if they force it upon us.
    Someone will likely be forcing it upon us.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonFSU View Post
    Someone will likely be forcing it upon us.
    well either they will force it upon you or exclude you from a lot of establishments if you dont have some type of proof of it. It sounds crazy but there is precedence for that type of thing.

I wasn't speaking about politicians, but specifically about Fox News and how they put Boomers in danger. But if you want to talk about politicians, then your argument is a false equivalency. Continuing to hold rallies early is not the same as committing insider trading, selling off stock when you know the market is going to crash while telling the public that it is liberal fearmongering. One was a mistake, the other was profiting millions off of people dying.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ronavirus.html

Democrats are also not to left out:

https://nypost.com/2020/03/20/richar...irus-briefing/
    My apologies.... I was responding to someone who said fox news initially downplayed the threat of this and didnt take it seriously enough. I thought responding with democratic politicians who obviously werent that concerned about it when they were encouraging rallies a few weeks ago. Basically trying to advance their bid for the primaries at the risk of spreading the virus. (assuming they were completely aware of the severity of it)

I dont think Fox news or basically anybody other than a few scientists believed this was THAT serious a couple weeks ago. I think its ridiculous to call out one channel as if this crisis was common knowledge by the rest of society.