Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 88 of 203 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 3040
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    problem is experts are all over the place in whats safe or not. Also it isnt a one size fits all. Experts called for 15 days of lock down, then 30 days.... they clearly dont know how long it will take or if it will ever get better. Also- werent the experts saying not to wear face masks a few weeks ago? now they are thinking about requiring it? What exact science changed that answer so much?

Also according to experts..... sitting in a car at church should be allowed. The governors arent even listening to the experts word for word.
    No they didn't. That's what the politicians agreed to implement. The experts have always said that the data will determine how long it will take. You're blaming the experts for the decisions of the politicians you wholeheartedly support.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    If your considering your prom or you kids prom you are a selfish ****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    just because these things might be small to you doesnt mean they arent important to a lot of people growing up. Again this isnt the only thing being thrown away but many many many people are sacrificing a ton for this.... the fact that you think that you should decide whats important to each and every person makes you the selfish ****!

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    No they didn't. That's what the politicians agreed to implement. The experts have always said that the data will determine how long it will take. You're blaming the experts for the decisions of the politicians you wholeheartedly support.
    Are you kidding me. The surgeon general has repeatedly been on the news saying "If we just stick to the 30 days of social distancing"....... He said just 30 days.... not 30 now followed by 10 months after or whatever. Why would he even mention 30 days?

We cant keep saying the data will determine this... thats a meaningless statement that just leaves everyone sitting and doing nothing to move in the right direction. At some point a risk will need to be taken where the experts might not all agree is a perfect idea. that would be the case if we opened in a year or in 2-3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Economics have to take a back seat to science here.

Until the science determines it is safe, it's the wrong move to open up.

The logical move to improve economically is consistent stimulus payments to the people more so than the businesses, and a freeze to mortgage/rent/etc.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    cant keep throwing money at the problem. at some point we run out of money..... and it isnt an adaquet long term replacement for a working economy. Damage will still be done, its a bandaid.

This game plan might have worked if the solution was a month or so. but people taking about 18 months or longer- we gotta make decisions and not wait till we get to 18 months to do it. Also a lot of the country is opening up in the next few weeks. I heard a ton of people are gonna go into georgia this weekend to go to gyms and get haircuts......so we might be better opening everything up and trying to be responsible with social distancing, wearing masks, etc. and not having everyone consolidated in small areas in certain states.

It aint gonna be easy to shut these businesses down now once they open back up again. Businesses will not want to shut down for 18 months

Coronavirus; NBA season suspended

just because these things might be small to you doesnt mean they arent important to a lot of people growing up. Again this isnt the only thing being thrown away but many many many people are sacrificing a ton for this.... the fact that you think that you should decide whats important to each and every person makes you the selfish ****!
    I realize proms are NOT important but other people health is. If you disagree you are self centered and selfish

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Are you kidding me. The surgeon general has repeatedly been on the news saying "If we just stick to the 30 days of social distancing"....... He said just 30 days.... not 30 now followed by 10 months after or whatever. Why would he even mention 30 days?

We cant keep saying the data will determine this... thats a meaningless statement that just leaves everyone sitting and doing nothing to move in the right direction. At some point a risk will need to be taken where the experts might not all agree is a perfect idea. that would be the case if we opened in a year or in 2-3 weeks.
    "The most important thing for the American people now is to really focus on these 30-days-to-slow-the-spread guidelines because we have proof that they work," he said. "But we need you all to cooperate, we need you to continue doing your part -- and most people actually are. Over 90% of the country is actually doing the right thing right now."
    Notice how what he said is not what you heard.

I realize proms are NOT important but other people health is. If you disagree you are self centered and selfish

More than one thing can be important yknow. there are many people on this planet. Also kids going to school and learning to socialize with other people is important.

Do you really want me to list ALL of the things being sacraficed that are important/ have value to people.

Notice how what he said is not what you heard.
    so we call it 30 days to slow the spread when its longer and you wonder why people are questioning the medical experts?

30 days equals 6-18 months? of course a normal person would assume that!!

He also has said we should be in a position to move towards re opening at the end of 30 days..... but even that is kind of vague

so we call it 30 days to slow the spread when its longer and you wonder why people are questioning the medical experts?

He also has said we should be in a position to move towards re opening at the end of 30 days..... but even that is kind of vague
    "Your inability to understand science is not a valid argument against it."

More than one thing can be important yknow. there are many people on this planet. Also kids going to school and learning to socialize with other people is important.

Do you really want me to list ALL of the things being sacraficed that are important/ have value to people.
    No I donít give a ****

No I donít give a ****

Obviously...... you are indeed the selfish one beause you refuse to even consider things you might not care about dont ALSO have value to other people.

"Your inability to understand science is not a valid argument against it."
    not so much i dont understand it... as much as it isnt giving very clear answers, or answers that a plan can be developed around. So with the understanding that sitting and doing nothing to re open the economy ALSO presents some big problems and there are very clear answers of what can be done to get the economy back up and running..... the economists should probably be more of the driving force of getting this thing back on track.

Just seems better than sitting around waiting for the data to tell some experts we can start up and some still saying its too soon. Again- absolutely try to be careful and attempt to consider both issues without throwing either side under the bus.

sporting events will be tough, id be hesitant to get on a plane any time soon, I wouldnt rude public transportation. I personally wouldnt go to a sit down restaurant for a month or so. But id get a haircut with a mask on. Id run in to the dry cleaners to drop some stuff off, Id go to the gym and keep my distance. if it was crowded id bounce.

Coronavirus; NBA season suspended

Obviously...... you are indeed the selfish one beause you refuse to even consider things you might not care about dont ALSO have value to other people.
    Proms! How entitled can you be? Real **** is going on scarifie a little. ****ing Proms. I realize you are a lost cause. Your obsessed. Someone can make a point that contradicts something you feel or believe. Youíll get it but then you will throw it out the window the next time you interact with the subject. You are obsessive, self centered, and unwilling to learn.

Last edited by ewing; 04-22-2020 at 05:58 PM.

Do you think the Surgeon General would have an opinion opposite of Trump.? Yes isolation works, but I said it earlier in this thread. We wouldnít be seeing basketball until fall I thought. You understand there is an agenda from the administration correct?

There is no quick fix. You either sit it out completely until there is a vaccine and destroy the economy. You go half and half where the healthcare system gets more than they can handle but some businesses stay afloat. Or you believe in taking the chance with herd immunity and killing hundreds of thousands to keep the economy afloat.

Proms! How entitled can you be? Real **** is going on scarifie a little. ****ing Proms. I realize you are a lost cause. Your obsessed. Someone can make a point that contradicts something you feel or believe. Youíll get it but then you will throw it out the window the next time you interact with the subject. You are obsessive, self centered, and unwilling to learn.

well the proms arent for me.... so not sure how im selfish for understanding there are sacrifices being made and zero appreciation for all of that when people keep kicking this can down the road.

22 million jobs lost man!!!! thats insane!!! thats above and beyond "sacrificing a little" by anybodys standards isnt it??? How would that not be seen as a disaster in itself?