Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455
Results 811 to 824 of 824
  1. #811
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,665
    [QUOTE=NBA all the way;33436677]
    Uhh because less people are infected when any illness first starts
    Maybe, but not when it first starts but at some point between October and now??

    If you believe it just started here in mid March, I'm sorry man. That's far from the truth.
    I think it likely has been around, Im not sure if I believe October as you have said.... but I think we started making a huge deal about it now.... and im just not sure why right now it all of a sudden became a huge deal all over the country

    How do you know if the deaths were piling up or not for a disease they didn't know existed, then once they did had little to no testing for?
    I hadnt heard about deaths piling up for ANYTHING in particular until the last 3 weeks or so. It doesnt matter if they knew exactly the cause.... I would assume that tons people all over the country coming in and dying within 5-10 days of feeling symptoms would be something that would be an issue


    If you think COVID-19 has only claimed roughly 5000 people in the United States, then again, sorry man. Far from the truth of it.
    Not sure, but I have a hard time believing that the hospitals are going to collapse dealing with these cases AFTER the whole country is on shut down, yet there didnt seem to be a pressing issue for the previous 5-6 months before.

  2. #812
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    35,131
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Uhh because less people are infected when any illness first starts

    If you believe it just started here in mid March, I'm sorry man. That's far from the truth.

    How do you know if the deaths were piling up or not for a disease they didn't know existed, then once they did had little to no testing for?

    If you think COVID-19 has only claimed roughly 5000 people in the United States, then again, sorry man. Far from the truth of it.
    Or maybe heart disease, etc caused many deaths to people who had covid but were asymptomatic. So they still count as a covid death despite it not contributing to some deaths.
    Idk why you magically think the number is so much higher than reported. What do you think hospitals had 1000s of unreported mystery deaths since last fall?
    Last edited by goingfor28; Today at 02:38 AM.

  3. #813
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Glad you’re enjoying it.
    logical deduction isn't your forte. I said I REMEMBER being like you. you can't simultaneously have memory recall yet be ignorant of the premise. ughh. leave the insults to the pros, stay in your crowded lane bro

  4. #814
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Welcome to Stylez Land.


    He still has no idea how infections spread. He just thinks that once someone gets it, everyone everywhere does.
    have you ever seen 2 doctors disagree on how infection spreads?

  5. #815
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,072
    did yall catch the media's recent blunders? I won't call it fake news but its close. the report of busy hospitals with footage from Italy to actual citizens going to an alleged busy hospital finding no one there lolol...


    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Our maybe heart disease, etc caused many deaths to people who had covid but were asymptomatic. So they still count as a covid death despite it not contributing to some deaths.
    Idk why you magically think the number is so much higher than reported. What do you think hospitals had 1000s of unreported mystery deaths since last fall?
    this is precisely why I want to see the stats on more than just covid. I have several friends working in the medical field that have given me enough reason to cast doubt on what is being reported to the general public.

  6. #816
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    I don't deny there are many idiots on both the left and right. They make crazy statements. It absolutely appears more right-wing people are for opening the economy up in spite of the rapid spread of the virus. I sort of understand their thinking, and it isn't because they are heartless, but rather, they pose an entirely different argument.

    The argument I've heard from level-headed conservatives is that a multitude of people don't and/or won't have the means to provide for their families with our current economic system. We are covered for a few months in that no one can be evicted for not paying their mortgage, but there will come a time when we can't live on credit anymore. We have to talk about the "if's" pertaining to the virus which you and I seem to agree on. I just don't think we should make the strawman argument that people want to open up the economy again because they don't care about old people especially when they don't contribute much in the first place. It's lazy thinking.

    Discussion is good, we should check our emotions at the door when the goal is to be as pragmatic as possible. These emotional arguments people make are just cheap tricks. It's makes independents (non-right and non-left) even less trusting of the right/left.
    I'm curious what happens when we rejigger normalcy, what of illegals? friend of mine leases to this family that runs a restaurant. are they covered?

    do we adopt Wang's ubi now after this test run?

  7. #817
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    16,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    Jesus Christ... because we have a constitution, a culture of freedom, a culture of privacy, and a lack of funds to get that sort of technology throughout our ginormous country...
    South Korea has a constitution, a culture of freedom, and a culture of privacy... What the ****? And yes I am Korean. What's hilarious is my parents just moved back to S. Korea 4 years ago after living in the states for 35 years. They came out here in the beginning of March during the pandemic for my nephews first birthday, and they were like "What a ****ing **** show" and ended up flying back to Korea before the restrictions.

    And what do you mean we don't have the funds? We just spent 2 TRILLION DOLLARS on a stimulus package because of the pandemic.... The problem is we have a ton of morons who thought this was a hoax and didn't take the virus seriously and we could have spent a quarter of that 2 trillion to start testing and we wouldn't be in this situation right now. I mean the ****ing idiot in Florida Ron DeSantis didn't want to issue a Stay At Home order because of the president and that was TWO ****ING DAYS AGO.

  8. #818
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    16,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    It's really sensationalism and strawman arguments like this that turn moderates off to the left.

    It's actually a fair question to ask, "At what point do we reopen the economy if the transmission of the virus persists?" If it took 3 years of lock down to guarantee the Coronavirus is eradicated from the earth, would you say "Go for it!"? I mean, you would save lives... but 3 years of a broken economy? At what point is the cure for the virus worse than the actual virus itself?
    Like Indy said, S. Korea is already recovering. Schools are back and students are going to start online classes next week but that's because they took the initiative in January. Personally, because of how long it took us to start testing and the state we are in now, we are going to be ****ed for a while.

  9. #819
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    16,492
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    1. S. Korea has 51 million people in an area the size of Indiana. Their population density is WAY HIGHER than ours. They should have more problems containing the infection, not less.

    2, 4, 5, 6: And why don't we have anything even remotely like this? Why don't we have even PART of this? Why doesn't any State have anything like this?
    It's not even that, their biggest city Seoul which is their "NYC" has a population of 10 million people, MORE than NYC and was able to avoid what NYC and Chicago are going through right now.

  10. #820
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    6,915
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    basic freedoms like being able to run your business under current laws. Like being able to hold a church service without being arrested, The right to assemble, The right of a law abiding citizen of legal age to be out after a certain hour.
    You can still assemble, just not with as many people. It’s not a right to hang out with hundreds or tens of people, it’s a right to get together to talk about something peacefully. But the government has the right to impose restrictions on that depending on the circumstances as long as they are not infringing on the original intentions of the speech contained and are given another way of communication.

    You really think we have all of our freedoms right now? This feels like Nazi Germany at the moment and nobody seems concerned.
    Wait a minute, now you’re conparing the current administration to Nazis? You’re conparing Trump to Hitler?


    I dont know if 15 days is enough time because I dont know what exact objectives are trying to be accomplished. But the experts also dont seem to know a time frame. But if they want to go on a 90 day shelter in place... say that right away. Its hard for people and businesses to even manage their situation if there is no defined end date (or even what will determine a defined end date)
    Again, for the nth time, we simply right now don’t know. If everyone stayed the **** home this would dissipate a lot quicker but people aren’t. The only things that should be open right now (besides hospitals and the like) are grocery stores and gas stations. Hobby Lobby? Restaurants? Liquor stores? The government should have given a direct date for all of those to be closed and not to leave it up to local or state governments but we’re Americans durr hurr hurr and we likes our freedoms, goddamnit and you or no stinkin’ gub’ment can’t tell us what ta do! It’s getting ridiculous.

    I thought that our final chants were going to be “But her emails!” when this ship went down but now I guess it’ll be “But our freedoms!”

  11. #821
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    6,915
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    The issue is, this takes an act of congress.
    And that’s the gamble we took. Will some of what SK did ever happen here? No. Could it? Of course. But it would be expensive (we have to keep bailing out rich people and extend our military but they wouldn’t save money for this) and it would intrude on our lives and freedoms (which would never go over here no matter how many deaths).

  12. #822
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    6,915
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Uhh because less people are infected when any illness first starts
    Good luck. He hasn’t grasped this in every ****ing conversation we’ve had.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    Do you know what a "loophole" is?

    That's like fact checking "corporate welfare". Of course the government doesn't "give" corporations money... but they ABSOLUTELY give them tax credits which is essentially the same damn thing. Well, there are loopholes in place for corporations to take advantage of... What's most important is that at least this was caught and reworded so both sides were happy.
    So when you *****ed about the Democrats trying to add in abortion stuff you presented that as fact. But now that it was debunked you’re re-posting about how it was exactly unclear? Do you not see how you’re a part of the problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    By the way Saddle... way to completely skip over all the other important points I made to blow up your South Korea comparison... =/ I guess you only focus on the minor details?
    You mean this stuff?:

    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    Jesus Christ... because we have a constitution, a culture of freedom, a culture of privacy, and a lack of funds to get that sort of technology throughout our ginormous country...
    Like I just posted a second ago, we could do what SK is doing but money and “what about muh freedoms?!?!?!” won’t allow us to. But we absolutely can so how the **** did you blow up anything?
    Last edited by Saddletramp; Today at 04:55 AM.

  13. #823
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    6,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    logical deduction isn't your forte. I said I REMEMBER being like you. you can't simultaneously have memory recall yet be ignorant of the premise. ughh. leave the insults to the pros, stay in your crowded lane bro
    I guess that burn flew over your head. Shoulda known that I need to cut straight to the point with Chronz and take a step back.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    have you ever seen 2 doctors disagree on how infection spreads?
    I know that when an infection/virus of any sort spreads, it spreads. There’s more cases the longer the illness lasts before we get a vaccine/treatment? P’shaw you say! What is this, the Middle Ages?

  14. #824
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    6,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I'm curious what happens when we rejigger normalcy, what of illegals? friend of mine leases to this family that runs a restaurant. are they covered?

    do we adopt Wang's ubi now after this test run?
    First part: I think Trump has said those people are on their own.

    Second part: What does this mean?

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •