Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 70 of 180 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2694
  1. #1036
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    i doubt it's an issue cuz I deal with both sides, I meant those are the ones I have prioritized this late in life. its not me vs everyone else, that's simply group think at play. I'm far from alone, it's not just "0 rationale" as u put it, I'm just being purposely evasive for a reason. ive explained this reason in the past but I get why you guys didn't agree with it. oh well..

    that's not my argument. a sample of 1 is irrelevant.

    agreed on 3. I would loooove to debate these issues with anyone, regardless of which side they stood on because I can almost guarantee I could argue either side better than most. I know this because most people rely on the main mundane. I've been there

    my stance is more complicated than that but I'm not here to convince you of that. im merely speaking my mind to a group of e-quaintances I've talked to for years. just trust, I have reason for my methods
    I shouldn't have said both sides, that's a false dichotomy, truth is, there are several layers none of us have broached. That's how science functions, 1 day ur the minority, another day you're the overwhelming majority. In either event, popularity doesn't matter one iota.

  2. #1037
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    46,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I shouldn't have said both sides, that's a false dichotomy, truth is, there are several layers none of us have broached. That's how science functions, 1 day ur the minority, another day you're the overwhelming majority. In either event, popularity doesn't matter one iota.
    How many iotas?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  3. #1038
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    46,161

    Coronavirus; NBA season suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Careful throwing around words like weaker/stronger, there are situations where your immune system can work against you.
    Yep you donít want a strong immune system turning on you thatís almost as bad as when someone has a big heart and it attacks them!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 04-06-2020 at 10:50 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  4. #1039
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,078
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    You are hurting the arguments of anyone who shares your opinion because you can't get simple facts right. All you have are exaggerations, conjecture, and half-***ed conspiracy theories. How do you think anyone can take you seriously when you have been so monumentally wrong about the most basic relevant facts?

    You realize how silly you sound when you say that Dr. Fauci will extend this for 5 years for JOB SECURITY? He's been the director of NIAID for 36 YEARS.
    not sure I said that at all. Lets try again. Fauci does not understand what this is doing to the general population. He doesnt understand how people feel who are losing their business that took their whole life to build. He has ultimate job security, he is not in their situation.

    Given that he doesnt seem to have a clear game plan down to get out of this..... he will likely keep babbling about the curve for an indefinite amount of time unless someone steps in and says "the shelter in place is ending on this date. Figure out what needs to be done to manage that with as little death as possible"

    and you are the one who made the idiotic statement "We made it through the great depression, we will get through this" as if that would be reassuring or comforting to any sane person.

  5. #1040
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    15,477
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Why would I say its wrong to believe in things you can conceive of? How can you believe in something you canít even conceive of? I donít know what you are trying to say.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just said I think anything that is conceivable is possible and you killed me for it and told me that you can conceive things that arenít possible. Now your saying the opposite again and saying itís not wrong to believe in things you can conceive.

    Now to answer your question, how can you believe in something you canít conceive? See thereís this little word called inconceivable. It describes things that you arenít able to grasp mentally.

    Oh youíd like an example...here you go.

    God...has no beginnng and no end an was always there. That is something I believe but cannot fully grasp. Itís inconceivable.

    Anymore questions my son?

  6. #1041
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    46,161

    Coronavirus; NBA season suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    I just said I think anything that is conceivable is possible and you killed me for it and told me that you can conceive things that arenít possible. Now your saying the opposite again and saying itís not wrong to believe in things you can conceive.

    Now to answer your question, how can you believe in something you canít conceive? See thereís this little word called inconceivable. It describes things that you arenít able to grasp mentally.

    Oh youíd like an example...here you go.

    God...has no beginnng and no end an was always there. That is something I believe but cannot fully grasp. Itís inconceivable.

    Anymore questions my son?
    I do understand now. You believe God has no beginning and no end. You donít know how that can be but you believe it. You can convince of something having no beginning or end and you believe something does. You just donít know how it happens. That is different that believing in something you canít even convince of.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 04-07-2020 at 08:57 AM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  7. #1042
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    once a year? ur not understanding the argument.

    I don't buy ur odds and trust me, I wish I could leave the **** hole that is LA but I need more time. and no it's not hypocritical, we all have a threshold of how much we are willing to poison ourselves. I'm already trying to quit booze but its got a hold on me at the moment
    Alcohol okay. But Iím talking daily essentials that kidneys have to fight. Juices, canned foods, beef, especially fish, supplements. Your threshold is a shot that has less proprietary blends that most of your daily foods. I wasnít even talking drugs. You poison your body a hell of a ton more from day to day than a shot every year. Flu shots have minute blends with it that the general consensus is it isnít harmful.

  8. #1043
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Google mds?

    lol, you guys are so behind you don't even understand how illogical ur insults are. Google is the last thing vested researchers use these days, it's changed sooo much you millennials can't even understand how useless it is to neutral researchers.

    I try to talk to doctors that I share beliefs with, again, you guys don't even understand the conversations taking place in several scientific areas because all u guys know is what's most popular at the moment. pretty sure you guys would be accepting several lies back in the day too. in some way it sucks more now cuz at least back then we had more medicinal/educational options and less distractions.

    pretty sure what you mean by fundamentals are simply what's popular at the moment, regardles of context.
    Whatís popular is using data and not just opinions of a few friends to back all of science. You had less educational or medicinal options.

    And by conversations you mean conspiracyĎs. Thatís all it is. Are you friends with these doctors or are these actually your doctors?

  9. #1044
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    706
    I think it's time to run another PSD mock re-draft!

  10. #1045
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I shouldn't have said both sides, that's a false dichotomy, truth is, there are several layers none of us have broached. That's how science functions, 1 day ur the minority, another day you're the overwhelming majority. In either event, popularity doesn't matter one iota.
    I think if you weren't so focused on that type of rhetoric/two sides thing responding to others as well this could have gone much differently.

    If your point is that you do vaccinate, have studied it and have some questions/issues, and may even know of specific vaccines that have more drawbacks/side effects from people you know/trust and so on then that is different. That is a vacciner who is skeptical/collecting as much information as possible. It is not how you portrayed your thoughts throughout much of the thread though this is just what I have pieced together from many posts. On the scale of vaccine or no vaccine you are on the vaccine side despite some of your rhetoric if I read it right earlier that you got vaccines.

    That is how science functions and it is based on actual data/science/evidence and often done by many experts over time and so on. That is how we got to the point we are at now by following the above just like with other issues. When there is new information/testing/technology/data to go on we can adjust. Pushing the idea that we need to be overly skeptical of everything can be as much of a problem as pushing the idea of following everything. We simply need to make the best educated decisions based on all information. In this case that means you want to be on the side that believes vaccines work (even if skeptical on some things like you seem to be). This issue matters a lot in a population because some being overly skeptical to an extreme can end up putting others at risk if they make bad decisions based on it.

  11. #1046
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    15,477
    China hasnít had a death in a week by the way

  12. #1047
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    15,477
    More deaths in NY than in China...

    Hmmmmmm

  13. #1048
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    46,161
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    More deaths in NY than in China...

    Hmmmmmm
    Are you threatening me?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  14. #1049
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,499
    did you guys catch that fishy story the MSM ran on that crying nurse who quit her job. seems like fake news

    heard some politician either tried to ban or out right banned trump's drug of choice, only to be found hoarding it himself

    and more fake cases still being reported to up the stats.

  15. #1050
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,499
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    More deaths in NY than in China...

    Hmmmmmm
    heard more people committed suicide than dying from it in Tennessee or somewhere.

    man, this **** better be as serious as the majority think cuz not alot of families gon survive this

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •