Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 69 of 174 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2601
  1. #1021
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Google mds?

    lol, you guys are so behind you don't even understand how illogical ur insults are. Google is the last thing vested researchers use these days, it's changed sooo much you millennials can't even understand how useless it is to neutral researchers.

    I try to talk to doctors that I share beliefs with, again, you guys don't even understand the conversations taking place in several scientific areas because all u guys know is what's most popular at the moment. pretty sure you guys would be accepting several lies back in the day too. in some way it sucks more now cuz at least back then we had more medicinal/educational options and less distractions.

    pretty sure what you mean by fundamentals are simply what's popular at the moment, regardles of context.
    You just keep saying the same thing with 0 rational support. Everyone else is just so lost except for you and the doctors you share beliefs with. Has it ever occurred to you dealing with doctors that share your beliefs instead of just doctors in general might be an issue?

    Before your "you guys are just sheep that don't understand" I have been through plenty that would make me understand doctors and healthcare in this country are far far far from infallible (I left traditional medicine the way America thinks of it to find a better solution). I have always listened when people make arguments on here and then judge based on the information presented. "I took a vaccine and got sick then never got sick 20 years since" is not something I hold very highly. This seems like about the best argument made so far.

    Having an open mind is far different from going against science/data and the overwhelming majority of experts in a field. That does not mean that literally anything ever shown via science and majority of experts has not changed or ended up wrong and changing etc, it does mean that we have no proof of that in this case. If you want to tell me the earth is flat, vaccines don't work, you can breathe underwater if you close your eyes or whatever else it may be go ahead. When people push back you better have some rational behind it though. That means more than just some one off example of how vaccines didn't work for you/you don't need them personally mostly based on opinions.

    The issue isn't that only a couple here are open minded and everyone else is sheep, it is that a couple here are believing anything that supports their opinion over stats/data/science/experts in the field overwhelmingly and so on. Then they give 0 reasoning why they believe this or that others should do the same outside of "it worked for me" and "you guys are just sheep being controlled".

  2. #1022
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,486
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    You just keep saying the same thing with 0 rational support. Everyone else is just so lost except for you and the doctors you share beliefs with. Has it ever occurred to you dealing with doctors that share your beliefs instead of just doctors in general might be an issue?

    Before your "you guys are just sheep that don't understand" I have been through plenty that would make me understand doctors and healthcare in this country are far far far from infallible (I left traditional medicine the way America thinks of it to find a better solution). I have always listened when people make arguments on here and then judge based on the information presented. "I took a vaccine and got sick then never got sick 20 years since" is not something I hold very highly. This seems like about the best argument made so far.

    Having an open mind is far different from going against science/data and the overwhelming majority of experts in a field. That does not mean that literally anything ever shown via science and majority of experts has not changed or ended up wrong and changing etc, it does mean that we have no proof of that in this case. If you want to tell me the earth is flat, vaccines don't work, you can breathe underwater if you close your eyes or whatever else it may be go ahead. When people push back you better have some rational behind it though. That means more than just some one off example of how vaccines didn't work for you/you don't need them personally mostly based on opinions.

    The issue isn't that only a couple here are open minded and everyone else is sheep, it is that a couple here are believing anything that supports their opinion over stats/data/science/experts in the field overwhelmingly and so on. Then they give 0 reasoning why they believe this or that others should do the same outside of "it worked for me" and "you guys are just sheep being controlled".
    i doubt it's an issue cuz I deal with both sides, I meant those are the ones I have prioritized this late in life. its not me vs everyone else, that's simply group think at play. I'm far from alone, it's not just "0 rationale" as u put it, I'm just being purposely evasive for a reason. ive explained this reason in the past but I get why you guys didn't agree with it. oh well..

    that's not my argument. a sample of 1 is irrelevant.

    agreed on 3. I would loooove to debate these issues with anyone, regardless of which side they stood on because I can almost guarantee I could argue either side better than most. I know this because most people rely on the main mundane. I've been there

    my stance is more complicated than that but I'm not here to convince you of that. im merely speaking my mind to a group of e-quaintances I've talked to for years. just trust, I have reason for my methods

  3. #1023
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,486
    I mean if it makes you guys feel better, I'll acknowledge that I could be utterly wrong and that yall see no way in hell u could be wrong. also acknowledge you have the most voices. so what , there's still room for discourse.

  4. #1024
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    13,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Google mds?

    lol, you guys are so behind you don't even understand how illogical ur insults are. Google is the last thing vested researchers use these days, it's changed sooo much you millennials can't even understand how useless it is to neutral researchers.

    I try to talk to doctors that I share beliefs with, again, you guys don't even understand the conversations taking place in several scientific areas because all u guys know is what's most popular at the moment. pretty sure you guys would be accepting several lies back in the day too. in some way it sucks more now cuz at least back then we had more medicinal/educational options and less distractions.

    pretty sure what you mean by fundamentals are simply what's popular at the moment, regardles of context.
    This is the issue. You're only getting your info from like minded individuals. Get info from all sources and then evaluate.

    Like I said before, I work in this industry. The science is legit.

    I can tell you, I almost, almost was an anti-vaxxer. Then I got educated about it and made the correct choice for my children.

  5. #1025
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    i doubt it's an issue cuz I deal with both sides, I meant those are the ones I have prioritized this late in life. its not me vs everyone else, that's simply group think at play. I'm far from alone, it's not just "0 rationale" as u put it, I'm just being purposely evasive for a reason. ive explained this reason in the past but I get why you guys didn't agree with it. oh well..

    that's not my argument. a sample of 1 is irrelevant.

    agreed on 3. I would loooove to debate these issues with anyone, regardless of which side they stood on because I can almost guarantee I could argue either side better than most. I know this because most people rely on the main mundane. I've been there

    my stance is more complicated than that but I'm not here to convince you of that. im merely speaking my mind to a group of e-quaintances I've talked to for years. just trust, I have reason for my methods
    Both sides of the issue? So are the ones on the other side of the issue also sheep?

    Good but that is about the best argument presented so far.

    So everyone else is sheep being controlled for standing behind data/science/majority of experts and so on while we need to trust you have reasoning despite not wanting to share? This is what I mean you aren't even making points just running in circles allowed to make wild judgement others are sheep (apparently for not believing/trusting you) while saying "I know I haven't provided anything but trust me on this". You are calling people sheep then just hoping they act like sheep and follow your opinion instead without any explanation.

    We can, you just said you are purposely being evasive for a reason. It is your own choice not to provide any sort of logical reasoning while just calling others sheep. Talk about mundane.

    Well it seems like your stance is call people who disagree sheep etc. while never actually making any real points. IKH responses were ignorant and people called it out correctly. That doesn't make them sheep or controlled or any of the BS your earlier posts were getting at just because it goes against your (and IKH) opinion.

  6. #1026
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,486
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    This is the issue. You're only getting your info from like minded individuals. Get info from all sources and then evaluate.

    Like I said before, I work in this industry. The science is legit.

    I can tell you, I almost, almost was an anti-vaxxer. Then I got educated about it and made the correct choice for my children.
    if it softens ur stance, when it comes to vaccinating your children, I've admitted to family and friends alike, I too would abide. in fact, one of my cousins literally just got done telling me how different I would be if I knew her situation. there are only like a handful of vaccines I would be vehemently against, not just because I've seen the damages to some of these children but because I have a certain moral standard for its proliferation. that's all I can give you here but that stance is likely to change as I continue my education on the issue. whereas you, no offense, are already approaching sunk cost issues. I don't know you so take no offense, just my own subjective experience here

  7. #1027
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,486
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Both sides of the issue? So are the ones on the other side of the issue also sheep?

    Good but that is about the best argument presented so far.

    So everyone else is sheep being controlled for standing behind data/science/majority of experts and so on while we need to trust you have reasoning despite not wanting to share? This is what I mean you aren't even making points just running in circles allowed to make wild judgement others are sheep (apparently for not believing/trusting you) while saying "I know I haven't provided anything but trust me on this". You are calling people sheep then just hoping they act like sheep and follow your opinion instead without any explanation.

    We can, you just said you are purposely being evasive for a reason. It is your own choice not to provide any sort of logical reasoning while just calling others sheep. Talk about mundane.

    Well it seems like your stance is call people who disagree sheep etc. while never actually making any real points. IKH responses were ignorant and people called it out correctly. That doesn't make them sheep or controlled or any of the BS your earlier posts were getting at just because it goes against your (and IKH) opinion.
    the other side is a growing minority (hence the pushback and suppression on several fronts) they could never be the herd imo. idiots abound on both sides if that's what you want to hear.

    k

    not really. I'm not here for that. yes I give my opinion, I have my reasons for not delving too deep here. I get the combative nature of this but unlike basketball, this debate is seriously beyond the scope of a message board, much less the nba section of a niche board...


    good. pm me if u want to investigate further, otherwise, know I'm perfectly fine with whatever label ends up being cast on me.

    that's a direct response to the beyond obvious attempts to undermine the opposition's intelligence, turns out there's some real genius pushback. it's so bad I'm sad yall are still using outdated would be insults to belittle people of my ilk.

  8. #1028
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,062
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/31/healt...ins/index.html

    But we're just better off just letting the virus spread right? It's not like senior citizens contribute in any way.
    I love how you act like everyone who questions how long this will last or wants to get back to normal is some sort of selfish monster.

    You do realize that this shelter in place is not sustainable and at some point we will need to figure out a more practical way to deal with this problem? Its like someone asking you to hold you to stay under water indefinitely..... and getting irritated when you ask them for a time frame.


    Trump should not have gone into shelter in place until the experts had a clear game plan of how to get out of shelter in place. So far it has been extended from 15 days until easter, then extended again until the end of april. Fauci will kick this can down the street for the next 5 yrs if nobody steps in. he has ultimate job security so he isnt understanding the damage happening for him to play the wait and see game indefinitely.

  9. #1029
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    the other side is a growing minority (hence the pushback and suppression on several fronts) they could never be the herd imo. idiots abound on both sides if that's what you want to hear.

    k

    not really. I'm not here for that. yes I give my opinion, I have my reasons for not delving too deep here. I get the combative nature of this but unlike basketball, this debate is seriously beyond the scope of a message board, much less the nba section of a niche board...


    good. pm me if u want to investigate further, otherwise, know I'm perfectly fine with whatever label ends up being cast on me.

    that's a direct response to the beyond obvious attempts to undermine the opposition's intelligence, turns out there's some real genius pushback. it's so bad I'm sad yall are still using outdated would be insults to belittle people of my ilk.
    Not what I was getting at but it is irrelevant anyways. I was moreso wondering your thoughts on the doctors you speak with that disagree with you.

    If you want to jump in and call others controlled/sheep you are the one being combative. Even more you are being combative without wanting to discuss or dig in or provide anything of value to the discussion then. You are essentially jumping into a conversation, calling people sheep/controlled for not agreeing with you essentially and providing nothing else then when confronted won't really get into it. It isn't really a debate when you avoid the actual topic and are just focused on calling those that are "on the other side" names/controlled etc.

    I am not one overly concerned that a couple people on the internet think something and can't back it up. I am always open to new information though, if you have any that would actually help your case here or covers things many don't know etc feel free to send it. This is as much about the approach you are taking since you don't want to actually discuss the topic.

    So it was more of a us vs them thing and you felt they had attacked people of your ilk? Alright I guess but that only furthers me calling out this approach. You did the exact same thing in your approach but the only difference is they were responding to context/IKH along the way with common sense against his BS. You are just focused on calling them/their side sheep in retaliation which is not a real debate just a dumb game.

  10. #1030
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    8,844
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    I love how you act like everyone who questions how long this will last or wants to get back to normal is some sort of selfish monster.

    You do realize that this shelter in place is not sustainable and at some point we will need to figure out a more practical way to deal with this problem? Its like someone asking you to hold you to stay under water indefinitely..... and getting irritated when you ask them for a time frame.


    Trump should not have gone into shelter in place until the experts had a clear game plan of how to get out of shelter in place. So far it has been extended from 15 days until easter, then extended again until the end of april. Fauci will kick this can down the street for the next 5 yrs if nobody steps in. he has ultimate job security so he isnt understanding the damage happening for him to play the wait and see game indefinitely.
    You are hurting the arguments of anyone who shares your opinion because you can't get simple facts right. All you have are exaggerations, conjecture, and half-***ed conspiracy theories. How do you think anyone can take you seriously when you have been so monumentally wrong about the most basic relevant facts?

    You realize how silly you sound when you say that Dr. Fauci will extend this for 5 years for JOB SECURITY? He's been the director of NIAID for 36 YEARS.
    Last edited by IndyRealist; 04-06-2020 at 07:42 PM.

  11. #1031
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    15,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Actually they can both kill you, pretty sure both shed the disease too but the long term effects of heavy metals, foreign animal/human dna are not well known (though it prolly leads to alzheimers down the line from what I can remember). The science on vaccines isn't as concrete as the herd wishes it were, pardon the pun but the resistance is spreading, even amongst the intelligentsia. Studies have been purposely suppressed for a reason, theres alot of money to be made in the industry and a big incentive to decrease the global population. I was lucky enough to meet several doctors that have spoken about having vaccine quotas in order to attain their bonuses. Its also hilarious when you can get a free turkey with your flu shot come Thanksgiving.

    Not saying all vaccines are worthless but if you've seen the absurd amount of poison children get today compared to yesteryear, theres alot of overkill. Plenty die from these vaccines that its time to really look into the conflicts of interests between various BIG LETTER enterprises that are suppose to have our best interest at heart.
    Yeah I知 good

  12. #1032
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    15,473
    Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    The study of studies aggregated by the NIH shows the causal relationship between immunizations and children and adult death is extraordinarily low. So much so that it's not even in the same order of magnitude vs. the benefits and reduced death from unnecessary infections. This is settled science except for the Facebook crowd that curates special interests on the quack medicine side. A kid will get more methylmercury from a tuna sandwich than from the minute amount of mercury used in some immunizations. Do a thought experiment. If all humans cease all immunizations would global health outcomes get better or worse. Measles in older patients is a *****. Polio sucks. Lets all join the 21st century together folks and thank medical science for eradicating small pox - with immunizations no less...

    Stay safe all..
    Yeah one time measles shot. Not a yearly measles shot.

  13. #1033
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    15,473
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    You really should change your name to "IKnowMedicine." Seriously, your take on this subject is wildly ignorant. Just because you don't get sick doesn't mean vaccinations don't work. Vaccinations are more about herd immunity than whether a single person gets sick or not.

    Side note, but it's shocking to me how many people in this thread think they know better than medical professionals. It's a little disheartening to know I've spent more than a decade of my life arguing in a sports forum with this many idiots.
    I知 not saying they are wothless. Every human being is different. And for me, I知 better off not getting a flu shot do to how my body fights the flu based on 20 years f not getting sick. I知 sure someone with a weaker immune system will greatly benefit and should get one. I知 just speaking for me and only me. Don稚 put words in my mouth. I never said it was worthless. Some people need to carry an epi-pen...like my daughter, doesn稚 mean I need to. All humans are different. I知 sure there are a fare amount of humans who are better off not getting a flu shot based on how strong there immune system is.
    Last edited by IKnowHoops; 04-06-2020 at 08:08 PM.

  14. #1034
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,486
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    I知 not saying they are wothless. Every human being is different. And for me, I知 better off not getting a flu shot do to how my body fights the flu based on 20 years f not getting sick. I知 sure someone with a weaker immune system will greatly benefit and should get one. I知 just speaking for me and only me. Don稚 put words in my mouth. I never said it was worthless. Some people need to carry an epi-pen...like my daughter, doesn稚 mean I need to. All humans are different. I知 sure there are a fare amount of humans who are better off not getting a flu shot based on how strong there immune system is.
    Careful throwing around words like weaker/stronger, there are situations where your immune system can work against you.

  15. #1035
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,486
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Yeah I知 good
    I just want to know what everyone drinks. Stay off the fluoride folks, big brother doesn't care the way you think.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •