Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 208 of 208 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208
Results 3,106 to 3,113 of 3113
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    You are hurting the arguments of anyone who shares your opinion because you can't get simple facts right. All you have are exaggerations, conjecture, and half-***ed conspiracy theories. How do you think anyone can take you seriously when you have been so monumentally wrong about the most basic relevant facts?

You realize how silly you sound when you say that Dr. Fauci will extend this for 5 years for JOB SECURITY? He's been the director of NIAID for 36 YEARS.
    2 days ago.... with multiple vaccines available- he said we would be waiting until atleast Xmas of 2021 to get back to something close to normal, and likely continue wearing masks after that. 5 yrs isnt seeming like THAT crazy of an exaggeration.

Yes- I think Fauci is getting everything he can out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    If your considering your prom or you kids prom you are a selfish ****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not just prom one yr.... we are going on the second yr of school missed for kids. This is a problem for the next generation and it doesnt mean im selfish for acknowledging it early on.

Look who came out of his basement

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Look who came out of his basement

sorry- ill go get vaccinated then go back until Xmas. thats the latest time frame right?

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    sorry- ill go get vaccinated then go back until Xmas. thats the latest time frame right?
    Everyone would prefer you were socially distant

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

2 days ago.... with multiple vaccines available- he said we would be waiting until atleast Xmas of 2021 to get back to something close to normal, and likely continue wearing masks after that. 5 yrs isnt seeming like THAT crazy of an exaggeration.

Yes- I think Fauci is getting everything he can out of this.
    A brand new type of vaccine had to be developed from scratch, and it was shockingly accomplished in like 8-10 months (something some experts worried might takes years). We're a little over a year out from the first case appearing in the U.S., and tens of millions have already received a vaccine for a virus that didn't exist 16 months ago.

To reach herd immunity, it's been said that about 75% of a population needs to be vaccinated. That's 246 million Americans roughly. Considering these vaccines require two doses, you're talking about 492 million vaccines that have to be produced. I just read an article recently that the Pfizer vaccine takes 110 days to be produced, and they're trying to cut that time to nearly half.

Has distribution been slow? Yes. But I don't think people in charge of the coronavirus response are milking this in any way. That's a completely absurd notion with zero justification to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    A brand new type of vaccine had to be developed from scratch, and it was shockingly accomplished in like 8-10 months (something some experts worried might takes years). We're a little over a year out from the first case appearing in the U.S., and tens of millions have already received a vaccine for a virus that didn't exist 16 months ago.

To reach herd immunity, it's been said that about 75% of a population needs to be vaccinated. That's 246 million Americans roughly. Considering these vaccines require two doses, you're talking about 492 million vaccines that have to be produced. I just read an article recently that the Pfizer vaccine takes 110 days to be produced, and they're trying to cut that time to nearly half.

Has distribution been slow? Yes. But I don't think people in charge of the coronavirus response are milking this in any way. That's a completely absurd notion with zero justification to back it up.
    seems like since the whole point of the lockdowns was to make sure the hospitals didnt get over run....

Might want to vaccine the bulk of the people over 65 (because they have consistently made up 90-95% of the people in the hospitals..... and open everything up for everyone else.

ALso herd immunity means that a combination of vaccines and natural infection has to equal an estimated 75%. Its likely that over 100 million people have already had the virus.

Wearing masks after next xmas sounds crazy......

seems like since the whole point of the lockdowns was to make sure the hospitals didnt get over run....
    What does that have to do with anything I said? Also, we're not on lockdown in the vast majority of the states anymore and haven't been for some time, so I'm not sure what point you're making here.

Might want to vaccine the bulk of the people over 65 (because they have consistently made up 90-95% of the people in the hospitals..... and open everything up for everyone else.
    People younger than 65 still have severe symptoms and die from this. Sure, it's at a far lower rate, but it still happens. As someone who is under 65, I'm happy to wear a mask and follow CDC guidelines as long as they ask to avoid getting this thing and spreading it to friend, family and co-workers.

ALso herd immunity means that a combination of vaccines and natural infection has to equal an estimated 75%. Its likely that over 100 million people have already had the virus.
    "Likely" won't cut it; they're not going to just vaccinating people based on numbers they can't confirm. Right now it's about "only" about 28.7 million positives have been confirmed, and that could include people who've tested positive more than once. So the number of people who need to get the vaccine is still comfortably in the hundreds of millions. That will take time.

Wearing masks after next xmas sounds crazy......
    I'll never understand why wearing masks in public during a pandemic bothers people so much. It products you and those you come in contact with, and it's such a minor inconvenience in your daily life. If you hate it, I'm sorry. But don't be that selfish prick I see in the grocery story who refuses to wear one to take a stand on what rights he thinks he's entitled to. Your rights stop once they risk the health and safety of others.

Just wear the mask and chill out. It sucks, but it's getting better and will continue to get better. But this **** takes time.