Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 186 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I think the Raptors run last year is 100% proof as to why this statement is true. That was their 1 shot.
    This the world correcting itself after their win.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    No team is going to agree to just canceling the rest of the season with no playoffs. Especially the ones who are title contenders. Even if they happen 2 or 3 months from now, there will be playoffs.
    Yes, yes they are. Several teams have already proposed it.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Sports is the least of anyone's worry right now.
    I promise you that's not the case

The corona virus is a test run, it's not deadly enough to cause real hysteria but it does give a glimpse into what will happen when the real one comes out in a few years. The news and social media control way too many...
    Last edited by Bosston; 03-12-2020 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kobebabe View Post
    So if this NBA shutdown continues for long, the free agents are pretty much ****ed up. The economic effects will be massive and there won’t be enough money to throw at them. Those who took short contracts in favor of a bigger bank this season are messed up
    hang on, i'm looking for my tiny violin.

We'll get an abbreviated playoffs at worst, most likely just a delay. Disney wants that $

Quote Originally Posted by ortforshort View Post
    This happened a century ago. Flu epidemic of 1917-1918. 500 million died in that one. This one figures to be a lot worse. The world is more interconnected and there are a lot more people.

This was a time bomb waiting to happen. Surprising it took this long.

There won't be a vaccine available until next year at the earliest. And there's no guarantee there will ever be one. They never did find one for the AIDS virus, for example.

All the health authorities can do is try to slow it down. Hospital facilities can barely handle what they've got now without adding hundreds of millions of new cases. It won't be pretty. If you're one of the unlucky ones to get pneumonia out of this, chances are you're going to die as this pandemic progresses. But, if you get any kind of serious illness in the next couple of years, chances are you won't be able to get medical care. There's going to be a lot of collateral damage.

The conspiracy guys are right about one thing. This will be absolutely devastating to our economy.
    They forget, of course, that it will be devastating to everyone's economy particularly China's.
    Because this is going to run into next year for sure, I don't know how the economy survives. Most businesses won't be able to survive closing up their shops for exteneded periods of time, not to mention the loss in demand when people won't be able to go out and shop or mingle in the streets. A lot of people are going to be out of work. Not only here, but everywhere.

Between the illness and the economic repercussions, this will not play out well at all.

I would think that before a vaccine is discovered, the virus will reach a critical mass and then subside on it's own. Presumably, once you got it and survive and the virus doesn't mutate into a new strain, you'll be immune. Let's hope so, anyway. The critical mass will be when most people have already gotten it and either survived and are immune or got it and died. After that, it will wind down. By then, however, lots of bad stuff will have happened.

As far as conspiracy theorists and democracy. China can't ruin democracy. IAnyone with more than half a brain knows that democracy has been ruined already a long time ago. It's a government of the rich, by the rich and for the rich. You can't ruin what's already been ruined.
    that's exactly my point. to insinuate that this was biological warfare to hurt our economy because of the trade war is just stupid, seeing how it hurt their entire economy even worse (so far).

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Yes, yes they are. Several teams have already proposed it.
    Sure. Maybe the bottom feeders, not the legit playoff teams though.
    No way the Lakers are cool with wasting a year of 35 yr old LeBron.
    Clippers aren't going to be okay with wasting their first ever legit shot at a ring.
    Bucks haven't won since 1971.
    Raptors going for b2b.
    Celtics could potentially beat anyone.
    Plenty of other good teams too who could advance a round or 2.

I'm not gon give into the mass hysteria like everyone else is. Yeah sure I'm takin precautions but not gon go overboard like people are by throwing themselves into a full blown panic. Only way I give into the hysteria is if I see more and more cases of people being tested positive or if this virus becomes more lethal. Until then for me it is business as usual. Life don't stop for me cuz the rest of the world wants to.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I'm not gon give into the mass hysteria like everyone else is. Yeah sure I'm takin precautions but not gon go overboard like people are by throwing themselves into a full blown panic. Only way I give into the hysteria is if I see more and more cases of people being tested positive or if this virus becomes more lethal. Until then for me it is business as usual. Life don't stop for me cuz the rest of the world wants to.
    38 deaths so far... more people get shot in Chicago on an average weekend. You still have a higher chance of winning the lotto than dying from corona.
    Last edited by Bosston; 03-12-2020 at 09:35 AM.

If the death toll were to rise, then I would throw myself into a panic but until then life goes on business as usual which means going to work and coming back home.

Clippers aren't going to be okay with wasting their first ever legit shot at a ring.
    Raptors going for b2b.
    Correct me if i am wrong, but it doesnt really matter what the teams/owners want. If the virus continues (which we all know it will) to spread and cause longer delays and shutdowns they will not have a choice.

What are they going to do, resume the season with 6 teams in August? What about the teams that are on the brink of the playoffs? Lots of teams probably want lots of different things and unfortunately the scenario will most likely be a complete cancellation of the season.

Then don't suspend the season...just cancel it altogether and be done with it

Olympic basketball may as well be cancelled too

Raptors going for b2b.
    Those individual narratives could easily take a back seat. Look how swiftly and quickly they suspended the season. The test aren't quick nor readily available. We have 1 confirmed case maybe 2 if you count Mudiay. If it's half the league or even a 3rd, its way too risky ti take a couple few weeks and just get back to it.

I understand its all about the all mighty dollar but hands might be tied.

Page 6 of 186 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast