Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 191 of 207 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 3105
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Med center newsletter projects hitting ICU capacity in 4 days, completely out of beds in 15. Talk of another lockdown in houston.
    How fast can they get a few pop up hospitals in the Houston Area. There are other ways to deal with it than resorting to locking down non stop. This can not be a way of life to just shut everything down all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Can I ask you guys a question. There is a pandemic, and even by the standards of this particular pandemic you guys are getting hit hard. What the **** is up with the people who won't wear a mask, even as the death toll rises past 1/8th of a million? Its ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    why dont people freak out this much about people smoking cigarettes?

I wear a mask in crowded indoor areas (I also test twice a week).....but wearing a mask all day long everywhere you go can weaken your immune system over time.

Also- if people are wearing masks, it doesn't allow any facial recognition software to work and creates other forms of danger (assuming this is the new way of life moving forward). Some people would rather take their chances with the virus than live the rest of their lives forced to wear a mask and be more vulnerable to hundreds of other infections.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    "Trump says Abraham Lincoln 'did good' for the Black community but that 'the end result' is 'questionable"

Man i can feel his love for black people from here.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...ionable-2020-6
    Hes real with them.... he doesnt kiss their *** for votes. He talks about things he wants to do to improve their quality of life (wage increases, unemployment numbers going down, poverty rates down etc.) He doesnt just try to make voting for him the cool/ trendy thing to do like Biden. BTW- blacks are far worse off in democratically ran cities than republican ran ones.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    How fast can they get a few pop up hospitals in the Houston Area. There are other ways to deal with it than resorting to locking down non stop. This can not be a way of life to just shut everything down all the time.
    You've got 4 million people crowding each other on beaches and at water parks. People refusing to wear masks. A few pop up hospitals aren't going to cut it.

This was the predicted outcome of reopening early. Other countries are basically back to normal now. They managed to control the infection spread by being responsible. And they did it without tanking their economies. We did almost everything wrong, and we continue to make bad choices in the name of capitalism.

You've got 4 million people crowding each other on beaches and at water parks. People refusing to wear masks. A few pop up hospitals aren't going to cut it.

This was the predicted outcome of reopening early. Other countries are basically back to normal now. They managed to control the infection spread by being responsible. And they did it without tanking their economies. We did almost everything wrong, and we continue to make bad choices in the name of capitalism.
    thing is.... places with masks arent all doing better than places with little mask wearing. for example, here in california lake tahoe area.... less than 10% of people wear masks. they have less infections and less hospital usage per population than places like san francisco and los angeles where over 75% of people wear masks

Other countries are basically back to normal now.... ....They managed to control.... ...And they did it without tanking their economies.... ....in the name of capitalism....
    No country is back to normal, directly or indirectly ALL economies have been damaged severely, car industry is collapsing, tourism industry has vanished from the face of the earth, there is no provision in a capitalist economy to deal with matters which concern an entire population.

Quote Originally Posted by mouseslept View Post
    No country is back to normal, directly or indirectly ALL economies have been damaged severely, car industry is collapsing, tourism industry has vanished from the face of the earth, there is no provision in a capitalist economy to deal with matters which concern an entire population.
    There is no provision in ANY economy to deal with matters that concern an entire population. It's always going to be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    There is no provision in ANY economy to deal with matters that concern an entire population. It's always going to be bad.
    There is no other than capitalist economy for all the counties with a democratic system, therefore we can't really tell.

At least the countries with a strong public health system have deal with the pandemic better than the countries with a weak one and much better than the countries without one.

EDIT: I should have said "strong public health and social security" system.
    Last edited by mouseslept; 06-26-2020 at 01:40 PM.

I live in a pretty conservative area in California. I actually heard a bunch of people here say that they support Trump so they are not wearing masks. What kind of logic is that?

I get the logic of risking your health for social justice but this?

"I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    I live in a pretty conservative area in California. I actually heard a bunch of people here say that they support Trump so they are not wearing masks. What kind of logic is that?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post

Because that fool think he looks weak wearing a mask (not to mention itíll rub all of his makeup off). His actions are personally leading to more deaths and he doesnít care.

Texas just closed all of their bars. That was ****ing stupid in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Hes real with them.... he doesnt kiss their *** for votes. He talks about things he wants to do to improve their quality of life (wage increases, unemployment numbers going down, poverty rates down etc.) He doesnt just try to make voting for him the cool/ trendy thing to do like Biden. BTW- blacks are far worse off in democratically ran cities than republican ran ones.
    Trump isnít ďrealĒ with anyone. The only reason he does anything for anyone other than himself is if it benefits him directly. He does indeed kiss their *** for votes although itís not surprising that you think that he doesnít.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Because that fool think he looks weak wearing a mask (not to mention itíll rub all of his makeup off). His actions are personally leading to more deaths and he doesnít care.

Very true. Ya just read that Texas closed it's bars.

"I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

Trump isnít ďrealĒ with anyone. The only reason he does anything for anyone other than himself is if it benefits him directly. He does indeed kiss their *** for votes although itís not surprising that you think that he doesnít.
    Yeah- if he was interested in kissing their ***.... he wouldnt strongly oppose kneeling for the national anthem. He wouldn't stand up for the police, and he wouldnt call Jussie Smollett out for being an idiot.

atleast your gyms are still open though!!! we dont even have those in the bay area yet. No plans for them either.

I can lift at home, but I need a Neutral grip Trap Bar and a cadilac bar
    Last edited by likemystylez; 06-26-2020 at 03:03 PM.