Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 176 of 203 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 3040
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    LOL- it really is disgusting. I think the hard enforcement on mask wearing is just as much about virtue signalling as it is about public safety. Authorities want to be able to see that everyone is on board with being careful and respecting this virus. Also- they want to shut down the message being sent by people who choose not to wear a mask. That fear needs to stay alive for their power to stay alive.

Again- masks arent a bad thing, and they can help in certain situations. Wearing or not wearing a mask really isnt something to freak out over either way.
    masks are bad for a portion of the pop.

Weird- there are huge protests going on in Minneapolis, Los Angeles and Berkeley now..... theres video all over the place with people not staying 6 feet apart and many not wearing masks. Yet- I dont hear governors calling these people idiots and mayors dont seem too concerned with the lack of social distancing.
    got fam in Denver, its there too

the la one was mild. I'm attending an event tomorrow from these banned experts. there's something fishy about these protests/ riots

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Just to be clear because I know the games a few of you are playing, I stated in the politics thread they are going over the top and should social distance and so on still too....

With that said when it was a bunch of armed protesters taking over the capital the POTUS tweeted out liberate and so on. When we had a bunch of extreme white nationalist in Charlottesville ending in terrorism/death he talked about both sides/some very good people. Trump has now tweeted out that these people are thugs and added "when the looting starts the shooting starts" as well. Just to have another quick example, a mayor in Mississippi, Hal Marz, has been vocal about the cops handling this reasonably (the killing of Floyd) and that cops are just getting crucified despite that.

My question is why would the leader of this country now changing his tune and can you show me examples of what you mean from governors calling out before? Can you give specific examples like the above and flip flopping like the POTUS? Why care about random state government that you aren't in as opposed to the leader of our country doing what you claim just the opposite way?

Where is the outrage for the rights of CNN workers being arrested against their rights?
    https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us...ed-live-on-air
    so much bs here.

u can be armed. u cant destroy property or attack firemen trying to douse the flames.

Charlottesville has been debunked, he was talking about a certain sect, not promoting kkk. its been so easily refuted I can't believe u haven't stumbled upon it by accident.

the cnn **** is something I'm still looking into but MSM gets no sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    1. He did say that there was good people on both sides. One side was white nationalist/Nazis. ???????

2. I donít like the looting but when asking gets you nowhere, then peacefully protesting/marching doesnít help, then some will take it the next step. And that includes whites, too.

3. Those CNN reporting crew told them who they are, on camera and were still arrested. Their white CNN counterparts down the road? They were believed. This is why people are fed up. Again.

4, They might not have looted like a GNíR concert got canceled or their sports team won a championship but those protesters a month ago that stormed the capital were armed and threatening violence is violence.

And yes, editorial journalism needs to go if ratings and sponsorships are involved.
    both sides doesnt mean nazi vs antifa. can u understand that?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    1. There were people protesting that were not Nazis or white supremacists and he said he didn't mean the Nazis/White supremacists.

2. So destroy the police station, city property, etc. And I didn't say anything about race.

3. And when I told the riot police that I wasn't rioting but just trying to go home at the end of a long day they put me on the ground with a knee in my back. Those cops were downright nice in comparison.

4. Did they threaten or is the presence of danger itself a threat? (and FWIW, I thought the people who brought their guns were idiots, and the few who did it first set a bad precedent that can go really bad in the future) Is Chuck Norris walking violence?
    careful there. what ur saying could be construed as promoting violence

it definitely COULD have happen if Floyd were white, the difference is- you probably wouldnt ever have heard about it.

Do you think white people are never wrongfully killed by law enforcement?
    Jedi mind trick. Good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    so much bs here.

u can be armed. u cant destroy property or attack firemen trying to douse the flames.

Charlottesville has been debunked, he was talking about a certain sect, not promoting kkk. its been so easily refuted I can't believe u haven't stumbled upon it by accident.

You also can't operate business due to the orders and so on and create large groups like they were and so on at the time.

Everyone has opinions and so on and if we are talking about mine I agree they are going over the top destroying property and looting especially too. I also think the cops were going over the top a couple days back with hitting people not doing anything wrong protesting and so on. I think that type of stuff can rile people up.

His rhetoric still was one thing there even if not what the over the top media pushed, now it is different. I am not saying he was promoting the KKK I was saying he talked about that in a specific manner different than this as I also explained to Scoots. It's very clear he does this.

I know they get no sympathy from you and that is the point, it was just outrage due to people you wanted to have sympathy for before (for whatever reason that may be though they often seemed politically charged).

ok, got it. but even if that were to take place- this would still be viewed as unacceptable but unfortunately it would still be a possibility.

Seems like the protesters are after justice for George Floyd though (which apparently is somehow achieved by taking money out of the target cash registers?)..... and that wasnt really making sense to me.
    It would be a possibility that this could happen again if everything was fixed. Let's fix it and find out instead of saying that over and over every time it happens.

They are after justice for Floyd and also many others who have been killed at the hands of police when it wasn't necessary. The looters are different than those out there peacefully protesting. They are in the wrong. There are always plenty of people taking advantage of things for their own or political gain when it comes to politicians like we have covered. The ones taking advantage are wrong just like what people were mocking before, the ones doing things right are different than that group.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    so much bs here.

Was that CNN arrest was staged?

cool its happening in down town san jose now too..... hundreds of police cars with smashed windows. cops are doing nothing. zero social distancing going on by the looks of things

cool its happening in down town san jose now too..... hundreds of police cars with smashed windows. cops are doing nothing. zero social distancing going on by the looks of things
    Whatís cool about it?

It's not about it specifically being a "racist attack fueled by hate". Its a systemic issue that continues to get ignored.

And....of course it is sometimes fueled by hate.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    1. There were people protesting that were not Nazis or white supremacists and he said he didn't mean the Nazis/White supremacists.

2. So destroy the police station, city property, etc. And I didn't say anything about race.

3. And when I told the riot police that I wasn't rioting but just trying to go home at the end of a long day they put me on the ground with a knee in my back. Those cops were downright nice in comparison.

4. Did they threaten or is the presence of danger itself a threat? (and FWIW, I thought the people who brought their guns were idiots, and the few who did it first set a bad precedent that can go really bad in the future) Is Chuck Norris walking violence?
    1. All of his actions tell me otherwise. He has a history of racism.

2. Whether itís Target or City Hall, itís terrible but you can only push some people farcenough before they push back. Sad thing is, the legit protesters get lumped in with the opportunists.

3. Hitting random non-looters/non-aggravators with tear gas and rubber bullets for no reason? Might not be ďknee in the backĒ terrible but I wouldnít call it nice (in any kind of comparison).

4. Bringing them in that situation is threatening, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Whatís cool about it?

100% sarcasm man... I really thought it was obvious. Nothing is cool about these animals destroying a city

by animals I mean the out of control protesters- it wasnt aimed at any race in general.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I think we have been through this before (and you have with special) but the corporate media is just that and I have no expectations there. When it comes to our actual government especially at highest levels like POTUS I think we should have higher standards and not just accept the extreme hypocrisy.

It depends on the reasoning and I asked others throughout to give it. The most ridiculous answer given was Prom and then like outside examples people used someone turning it into a political stunt for sympathy/profit. What it really was is people were mocking and making fun of others for going to these extremes/pushing their politics to these levels for being inconvenienced as they try and protect everyone within our country as a whole. If anything I would argue the reasoning here is far better (we can dig in if you like to the historical context/issues and how police handled it etc.) but yet you STILL see that type of hypocrisy coming from certain people. This isn't just someone being inconvenienced but NOW this is thugs and a problem we use threats without the other rhetoric and playing "gotcha" like Styles tried there without context.

The CNN thing happened on live TV, they had credentials and explained it that they were live and so on but still happened. Walz talked with some higher up within like an hour and it ended pretty quick apparently with them released. That it didn't happen to a different white reporter is obvious adding fuel to the media's flame but it was still pretty odd to see.
    I too have higher hopes for the media and our government, but realistically my expectations are incredibly low of this current administration and the current state of media.