Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 174 of 201 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 3001
  1. #2596
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,205
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    This whole thing has just given me more reason to have been serious when, for years, people have heard me say just give me a little island somewhere, maybe some wifi, and leave me alone.
    Thats basically what you already have in SD

  2. #2597
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7,170
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    i always thought the masks should be common sense. I think the cdc going back and forth made it more complicated than it needed to be.

    1) Ideally try and stay 6 feet away from people, or atleast dont sit in one place inside of 6 feet from others for extended periods of time.

    2) If you know that you are going to be inside and be within 6 feet from others- wear a mask

    3) A mask shouldnt be a huge deal outside unless you are surounded by tons of people in close proximity for extended periods of time. (Jogging by someone on the sidewalk isnt anything to freak out over)

    4) Wearing a mask alone in your car is idiotic, and I see it happening all the time. Wearing a mask while sitting out in the sun on a windy beach isn't necessary. Dont wear a mask while doing things that you need to breath hard.

    5) Wear a mask when you are around vulnerable individuals. Dont take your mask off and place it on a surface that is used by a lot of people.



    Maybe its because I live in a super blue state....but I dont see people attacked for wearing masks. (LOL for all we know- they might be sick... and its their choice) It doesnt hurt other people if someone is unnecessarily wearing a mask. I see people given dirty looks if they are not wearing a mask. I take my dog on runs, and I see people in their cars with their masks on looking at me like im doing something wrong LOL.
    Well said. Seriously.

  3. #2598
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    11,785
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Thats basically what you already have in SD
    there's no moat around my own private space.....ppl are still too close
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  4. #2599
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    33,352
    I'm still amazed I don't hear people reminding that masks need to be cleaned (if possible) and replaced regularly. There are people out there who have been using the same mask for 2 months.

  5. #2600
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I'm still amazed I don't hear people reminding that masks need to be cleaned (if possible) and replaced regularly. There are people out there who have been using the same mask for 2 months.
    LOL- it really is disgusting. I think the hard enforcement on mask wearing is just as much about virtue signalling as it is about public safety. Authorities want to be able to see that everyone is on board with being careful and respecting this virus. Also- they want to shut down the message being sent by people who choose not to wear a mask. That fear needs to stay alive for their power to stay alive.

    Again- masks arent a bad thing, and they can help in certain situations. Wearing or not wearing a mask really isnt something to freak out over either way.

  6. #2601
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,205
    Weird- there are huge protests going on in Minneapolis, Los Angeles and Berkeley now..... theres video all over the place with people not staying 6 feet apart and many not wearing masks. Yet- I dont hear governors calling these people idiots and mayors dont seem too concerned with the lack of social distancing.

  7. #2602
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,165
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Weird- there are huge protests going on in Minneapolis, Los Angeles and Berkeley now..... theres video all over the place with people not staying 6 feet apart and many not wearing masks. Yet- I dont hear governors calling these people idiots and mayors dont seem too concerned with the lack of social distancing.
    Just to be clear because I know the games a few of you are playing, I stated in the politics thread they are going over the top and should social distance and so on still too....

    With that said when it was a bunch of armed protesters taking over the capital the POTUS tweeted out liberate and so on. When we had a bunch of extreme white nationalist in Charlottesville ending in terrorism/death he talked about both sides/some very good people. Trump has now tweeted out that these people are thugs and added "when the looting starts the shooting starts" as well. Just to have another quick example, a mayor in Mississippi, Hal Marz, has been vocal about the cops handling this reasonably (the killing of Floyd) and that cops are just getting crucified despite that.

    My question is why would the leader of this country now changing his tune and can you show me examples of what you mean from governors calling out before? Can you give specific examples like the above and flip flopping like the POTUS? Why care about random state government that you aren't in as opposed to the leader of our country doing what you claim just the opposite way?

    Where is the outrage for the rights of CNN workers being arrested against their rights?
    https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us...ed-live-on-air
    Last edited by mngopher35; 05-29-2020 at 11:43 AM.

  8. #2603
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    33,352
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Just to be clear because I know the games a few of you are playing, I stated in the politics thread they are going over the top and should social distance and so on still too....

    With that said when it was a bunch of armed protesters taking over the capital the POTUS tweeted out liberate and so on. When we had a bunch of extreme white nationalist in Charlottesville ending in terrorism/death he talked about both sides/some very good people. Trump has now tweeted out that these people are thugs and added "when the looting starts the shooting starts" as well. Just to have another quick example, a mayor in Mississippi, Hal Marz, has been vocal about the cops handling this reasonably (the killing of Floyd) and that cops are just getting crucified despite that.

    My question is why would the leader of this country now changing his tune and can you show me examples of what you mean from governors calling out before? Can you give specific examples like the above and flip flopping like the POTUS? Why care about random state government that you aren't in as opposed to the leader of our country doing what you claim just the opposite way?

    Where is the outrage for the rights of CNN workers being arrested against their rights?
    https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us...ed-live-on-air
    Wait, are you surprised Trump is an *******? Or is it that people are not outraged by his behavior? Because I can assure you he is an *******, even his supporters know it, and people are outraged by his behavior.

    And as much as I can't stand the man, still calling him out for saying Nazis are good people is just silly ... it's not what he said and that was clear at the time.

    I can actually see the point of the argument that one group of protesters being called idiots for not wearing masks and being too close to each other and another group also "protesting" not being called idiots for the same thing being a problem for people.

    I think they are idiots for looting at all. If you want to not be automatically seen as a potential criminal committing mass crimes is an odd tactic. It would have made more sense to strip the police station down to the ground and throw it all in the lake, because THAT is a protest, getting a stack of TVs and running home is not.

    I support protesting fundamentally even if I don't agree with what they are saying. I think it's foundational to our country.

    I am no longer saddened when the media covers protests with derision, my expectations for them are so lo I no longer watch/consume it. They should report the facts without the editorializing. Journalists I know hate the "fake news" label, but they can't deny that they earn it in lots of little ways every day.

    The CNN reporters being arrested seems pretty mild to me. I found myself in front of riot police and they were not nearly that nice to me. I have no idea what the police were thinking or what happened off camera. Pretty strange.

  9. #2604
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7,170
    Everything gopher said plus Trump called Minneapolis a ďgreat American cityĒ yet he stills owes them (among others) $500,000 for one of his unneeded and unnecessary rallies last year.

    And honestly Stylez, once **** like this goes down, social distancing and protective masks go out the window. Think critically and stop trying to shoehorn in something that his miles away.

    Not everything has to be a gotcha moment.

  10. #2605
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Wait, are you surprised Trump is an *******? Or is it that people are not outraged by his behavior? Because I can assure you he is an *******, even his supporters know it, and people are outraged by his behavior.

    And as much as I can't stand the man, still calling him out for saying Nazis are good people is just silly ... it's not what he said and that was clear at the time.

    I can actually see the point of the argument that one group of protesters being called idiots for not wearing masks and being too close to each other and another group also "protesting" not being called idiots for the same thing being a problem for people.

    I think they are idiots for looting at all. If you want to not be automatically seen as a potential criminal committing mass crimes is an odd tactic. It would have made more sense to strip the police station down to the ground and throw it all in the lake, because THAT is a protest, getting a stack of TVs and running home is not.

    I support protesting fundamentally even if I don't agree with what they are saying. I think it's foundational to our country.

    I am no longer saddened when the media covers protests with derision, my expectations for them are so lo I no longer watch/consume it. They should report the facts without the editorializing. Journalists I know hate the "fake news" label, but they can't deny that they earn it in lots of little ways every day.

    The CNN reporters being arrested seems pretty mild to me. I found myself in front of riot police and they were not nearly that nice to me. I have no idea what the police were thinking or what happened off camera. Pretty strange.
    I am pointing out the obvious hypocrisy from people like Styles and the fake outrage repeatedly shown despite it never being a consistent standard.

    The point is about how he flip flops and how his supporters do the same over and over. As was mentioned earlier, the outrage was due to political beliefs they agreed with not actually a standard of protesting to extremes in general. I am not saying every action Trump has ever made is bad but I am contrasting his approach to extreme situations and how the rhetoric is clearly much different for some reason here than other times extremes were gone to. To be more clear, I am not saying that reason is race just saying everyone can probably see the difference in his approach is drastic.

    So can I which is why I started this out by saying all of them should. I am pointing out all of the other double standards ignored while Styles complains about just this one standards without any real examples of the issue he has.

    You can think that just like others should have been able to think people protesting the orders to protect society are idiots when they go to extremes. People will have opinions on those going to more extremes/breaking rules and so on has been part of the point.

    I support protesting fundamentally too, breaking the laws/orders and so on is over the top. That has been the point in this thread to most trying to explain to styles/rr/chronz etc. why. Now that we have this it seems everyone understands the common sense points made throughout the whole thread. So why only now do people get this?

    I have no idea about the media rant. If the CNN thing is mild to you, then what about people out there protesting not getting locked up because they want prom or some other selfish reason just being called dumb? I am not outraged over the CNN thing but it is clear hypocrisy if people screaming rights/freedom no longer care when it's not their in group. They had the right to be there, like actually not breaking the law/orders in place.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 05-29-2020 at 01:46 PM.

  11. #2606
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Wait, are you surprised Trump is an *******? Or is it that people are not outraged by his behavior? Because I can assure you he is an *******, even his supporters know it, and people are outraged by his behavior.

    And as much as I can't stand the man, still calling him out for saying Nazis are good people is just silly ... it's not what he said and that was clear at the time.

    I can actually see the point of the argument that one group of protesters being called idiots for not wearing masks and being too close to each other and another group also "protesting" not being called idiots for the same thing being a problem for people.

    I think they are idiots for looting at all. If you want to not be automatically seen as a potential criminal committing mass crimes is an odd tactic. It would have made more sense to strip the police station down to the ground and throw it all in the lake, because THAT is a protest, getting a stack of TVs and running home is not.

    I support protesting fundamentally even if I don't agree with what they are saying. I think it's foundational to our country.

    I am no longer saddened when the media covers protests with derision, my expectations for them are so lo I no longer watch/consume it. They should report the facts without the editorializing. Journalists I know hate the "fake news" label, but they can't deny that they earn it in lots of little ways every day.

    The CNN reporters being arrested seems pretty mild to me. I found myself in front of riot police and they were not nearly that nice to me. I have no idea what the police were thinking or what happened off camera. Pretty strange.
    1. He did say that there was good people on both sides. One side was white nationalist/Nazis. ???????

    2. I donít like the looting but when asking gets you nowhere, then peacefully protesting/marching doesnít help, then some will take it the next step. And that includes whites, too.

    3. Those CNN reporting crew told them who they are, on camera and were still arrested. Their white CNN counterparts down the road? They were believed. This is why people are fed up. Again.

    4, They might not have looted like a GNíR concert got canceled or their sports team won a championship but those protesters a month ago that stormed the capital were armed and threatening violence is violence.


    And yes, editorial journalism needs to go if ratings and sponsorships are involved.

  12. #2607
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    46,933
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Weird- there are huge protests going on in Minneapolis, Los Angeles and Berkeley now..... theres video all over the place with people not staying 6 feet apart and many not wearing masks. Yet- I dont hear governors calling these people idiots and mayors dont seem too concerned with the lack of social distancing.
    Maybe people think the earlier posters are idiots for reasons other then masks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  13. #2608
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    11,785
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The CNN reporters being arrested seems pretty mild to me. I found myself in front of riot police and they were not nearly that nice to me. I have no idea what the police were thinking or what happened off camera. Pretty strange.
    Couple things re those reporters
    1) We only saw what CNN wanted us to see; we don't know what led up to that or how that situation may have differed from the location of the other CNN crew
    2) Because it was a different situation and different officers in the other location, it's a convenient stretch to simplify it to a 'black crew arrested while the white crew was not'.....knowing CNN? They could've pushed to make that happen for all we know....or, it was simply a different situation
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  14. #2609
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    33,352
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I am pointing out the obvious hypocrisy from people like Styles and the fake outrage repeatedly shown despite it never being a consistent standard.

    The point is about how he flip flops and how his supporters do the same over and over. As was mentioned earlier, the outrage was due to political beliefs they agreed with not actually a standard of protesting to extremes in general. I am not saying every action Trump has ever made is bad but I am contrasting his approach to extreme situations and how the rhetoric is clearly much different for some reason here than other times extremes were gone to. To be more clear, I am not saying that reason is race just saying everyone can probably see the difference in his approach is drastic.

    So can I which is why I started this out by saying all of them should. I am pointing out all of the other double standards ignored while Styles complains about just this one standards without any real examples of the issue he has.

    You can think that just like others should have been able to think people protesting the orders to protect society are idiots when they go to extremes. People will have opinions on those going to more extremes/breaking rules and so on has been part of the point.

    I support protesting fundamentally too, breaking the laws/orders and so on is over the top. That has been the point in this thread to most trying to explain to styles/rr/chronz etc. why. Now that we have this it seems everyone understands the common sense points made throughout the whole thread. So why only now do people get this?

    I have no idea about the media rant. If the CNN thing is mild to you, then what about people out there protesting not getting locked up because they want prom or some other selfish reason just being called dumb? I am not outraged over the CNN thing but it is clear hypocrisy if people screaming rights/freedom no longer care when it's not their in group. They had the right to be there, like actually not breaking the law/orders in place.
    I'm just not surprised by hypocrisy by politicians anymore. It does still bug me when the media is so blatant.

    I am actually okay with protests that break the law, particularly if it's the law that is being protested.

    The CNN thing could be that they told the reporter/crew to move and they didn't move (maybe they didn't hear, who knows), the camera rolled, they were arrested politely, then released a short while later. As bad as I've seen riot police behave that was tame, though certainly not ideal.

  15. #2610
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    33,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    1. He did say that there was good people on both sides. One side was white nationalist/Nazis. ???????

    2. I donít like the looting but when asking gets you nowhere, then peacefully protesting/marching doesnít help, then some will take it the next step. And that includes whites, too.

    3. Those CNN reporting crew told them who they are, on camera and were still arrested. Their white CNN counterparts down the road? They were believed. This is why people are fed up. Again.

    4, They might not have looted like a GNíR concert got canceled or their sports team won a championship but those protesters a month ago that stormed the capital were armed and threatening violence is violence.


    And yes, editorial journalism needs to go if ratings and sponsorships are involved.
    1. There were people protesting that were not Nazis or white supremacists and he said he didn't mean the Nazis/White supremacists.

    2. So destroy the police station, city property, etc. And I didn't say anything about race.

    3. And when I told the riot police that I wasn't rioting but just trying to go home at the end of a long day they put me on the ground with a knee in my back. Those cops were downright nice in comparison.

    4. Did they threaten or is the presence of danger itself a threat? (and FWIW, I thought the people who brought their guns were idiots, and the few who did it first set a bad precedent that can go really bad in the future) Is Chuck Norris walking violence?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •