Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 195 of 207 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 3105
  1. #2911
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    9,811
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    you understand there are no vaccines for any other covids. Fauci has been working on a vaccine for hiv for decades and nothing is in sight. Also- even if we get a vaccine.... it will not be 100%. The flu vaccine is like 60% effective..... so there are gambles either way.

    so would you rather take your chances with the virus or live the next 30+ years in this situation (which would get worse)
    Iím used to wearing masks. Itís also called adjusting to our environment instead, as humans, always forcing our environment to adjust to us. Itís our human arrogance to think we can control everything around us. If we have to then so be it. At the end of the day, itís about survival. Agree with the affective news of flu vaccine. Itís not that itís 60% affective but it targets the most common strains out there and the one you get might not be the one in the vaccine. FWIW. There are 3 strain vaccines and 4 strain. I get the 4 strain. It also can give partial immunity for another strain sometimes. You do have a point.

    "I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

  2. #2912
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    9,811
    Quote Originally Posted by mouseslept View Post
    Some people confuse freedom with responsibility. Being irresponsible doesn't make one free, it makes him a real anarchist! Partly why words like "anarchism" and "socialism" have diverted meaning in the US than the rest of the world.
    Lol very well said. In this case a persons obstinance is being mistaken for his freedom. At least freedom is being used as an excuse.

    "I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

  3. #2913
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    9,811
    Quote Originally Posted by mouseslept View Post
    Many people are and me, I am among them... The fact it first appeared in China which affects the world industrial production more than any other country, contributes to enhance those suspicions.

    Maybe the "plan" was to hit China only, but it got out of control.
    Ya who knows but if it was engineered it says a lot about our human arrogance of thinking that we can control something like this.

    "I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

  4. #2914
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Ya who knows but if it was engineered it says a lot about our human arrogance of thinking that we can control something like this.
    It's greed which always goes with arrogance and one of the flaws of capitalism is that it creates greed.

    in the mean time: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ 127.953 people dead in the US (more than 100 additions per hour) and counting.

  5. #2915
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,320
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Iím used to wearing masks. Itís also called adjusting to our environment instead, as humans, always forcing our environment to adjust to us. Itís our human arrogance to think we can control everything around us. If we have to then so be it. At the end of the day, itís about survival. Agree with the affective news of flu vaccine. Itís not that itís 60% affective but it targets the most common strains out there and the one you get might not be the one in the vaccine. FWIW. There are 3 strain vaccines and 4 strain. I get the 4 strain. It also can give partial immunity for another strain sometimes. You do have a point.
    Thats the thing. If this is how its going to be from here on out. the damages will be less than the .5% of the population that does from this.... probably less. Talking about kids growing up not socializing with other kids in a school environment. Talking about never being able to play organized basketball growing up. Were gonna have 1/3 of the workforce out of work indefinitely. You are watching too many movies if you think that is doable. People say this wont be forever.... but 30+ years basically is forever..... and thats realistically the time line for the vaccine

  6. #2916
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Thats the thing. If this is how its going to be from here on out. the damages will be less than the .5% of the population that does from this.... probably less. Talking about kids growing up not socializing with other kids in a school environment. Talking about never being able to play organized basketball growing up. Were gonna have 1/3 of the workforce out of work indefinitely. You are watching too many movies if you think that is doable. People say this wont be forever.... but 30+ years basically is forever..... and thats realistically the time line for the vaccine
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ as we speak, deaths are up to 127.984 and are approaching 12% of the affected by the virus population... Life can return to "normal" when it's safe, right now it's not safe.

    You are obviously getting "fed up" but it's better to keep the kids safe in order to be able and socialise in the near future, than release them in an unsafe for them environment. It's worst than war what it is happening, can't you see? 128K additional to the normal deaths in less than three months.

    EDIT: 220 people have died in the US at the couple of hours as we speak here.
    Last edited by mouseslept; 06-27-2020 at 03:45 PM.

  7. #2917
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,011
    Quote Originally Posted by mouseslept View Post
    There are no lies... hydroxychloroquine is the only substance with proven results against corona virus (google it) and India is the only country which invented the substance and makes it. The Chinese have bought 25 tons of hydroxychloroquine and another 20 tons "went" to Europe, before India stopped the exports so that they can have enough for their own people. U.S.A didn't ask even for one litre while they could still have it.
    China lies. If you deny it you are either a dupe or troll.

  8. #2918
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    China lies. If you deny it you are either a dupe or troll.
    What reason do they have to lie? They have one of the best public health systems on the planet and one of the best social security systems as well.

    EDIT: It's only some US officials which claim that China lies, but again, I can remember US officials sending troops to die in IRAK "because they were sure there is a chemical weapons industry there" and "they where ready to make nuclear weapons" too, which was later proven to be pure fabrication.
    Last edited by mouseslept; 06-27-2020 at 03:55 PM.

  9. #2919
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,320
    Quote Originally Posted by mouseslept View Post
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ as we speak, deaths are up to 127.984 and are approaching 12% of the affected by the virus population... Life can return to "normal" when it's safe, right now it's not safe.

    You are obviously getting "fed up" but it's better to keep the kids safe in order to be able and socialise in the near future, than release them in an unsafe for them environment. It's worst than war what it is happening, can't you see? 128K additional to the normal deaths in less than three months.

    EDIT: 220 people have died in the US at the couple of hours as we speak here.
    so it may never be "safe". what you see might be what you get. We can statistically see who the most vulnerable are and those people should stay locked down. The rest of us can get to herd immunity.

    As far as your numbers...... On that chart it shows that over 2.5 million have tested positive. we have 128,000 have died. Thats like a 5% rate. But thats assuming we have identified every case there is out there. In reality, there are probably atleast 10 times that many people who have had the virus or currently have the virus and have not been tested. The mortality rate is nowhere near 12%

    Also- many people say the virus has been in the US since December. Between december and mid march it didnt seem to be overwhelming the hospitals. That was with zero social distancing, mask wearing, washing hands etc.

  10. #2920
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    so it may never be "safe". what you see might be what you get. We can statistically see who the most vulnerable are and those people should stay locked down. The rest of us can get to herd immunity.

    As far as your numbers...... On that chart it shows that over 2.5 million have tested positive. we have 128,000 have died. Thats like a 5% rate. But thats assuming we have identified every case there is out there. In reality, there are probably atleast 10 times that many people who have had the virus or currently have the virus and have not been tested. The mortality rate is nowhere near 12%

    Also- many people say the virus has been in the US since December. Between december and mid march it didnt seem to be overwhelming the hospitals. That was with zero social distancing, mask wearing, washing hands etc.
    you correctly use "may" and "might" there, which I hope you understand it's not "will" or "would" and of course it's not "my numbers", but US official numbers. In the mean time deaths in the US due to the virus have risen to 128.080 and counting https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

  11. #2921
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,320
    Quote Originally Posted by mouseslept View Post
    you correctly use "may" and "might" there, which I hope you understand it's not "will" or "would" and of course it's not "my numbers", but US official numbers. In the mean time deaths in the US due to the virus have risen to 128.080 and counting https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
    please provide the numerator and the denominator that get you anywhere close to 12%. I understand 128000 people is a lot of people.... but its out of a total 340 million.

  12. #2922
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    please provide the numerator and the denominator that get you anywhere close to 12%. I understand 128000 people is a lot of people.... but its out of a total 340 million.
    128.108 in 3 months and with the deaths rising continuously up to 2700 per day currently. The numerator you ask for is in the link https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ (still at 11%, but approaching to be 12% soon) The number of dead will be over 130K within the next 12 hours.
    Last edited by mouseslept; 06-27-2020 at 06:05 PM.

  13. #2923
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,011
    Quote Originally Posted by mouseslept View Post
    What reason do they have to lie? They have one of the best public health systems on the planet and one of the best social security systems as well.

    EDIT: It's only some US officials which claim that China lies, but again, I can remember US officials sending troops to die in IRAK "because they were sure there is a chemical weapons industry there" and "they where ready to make nuclear weapons" too, which was later proven to be pure fabrication.
    Right, China never lies. They are perfect. Thank you for clearly demonstrating that you should never be listened to.

  14. #2924
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Right, China never lies. They are perfect. Thank you for clearly demonstrating that you should never be listened to.
    If you have proof that they are lying, please share!

  15. #2925
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,320
    Quote Originally Posted by mouseslept View Post
    If you have proof that they are lying, please share!
    Ummm the proof is on your website.... take a look at the worlds death total from covid 19. Take a look at the economy around the world.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •